NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Mini Direct (18/07/13)

Nintendo of Europe

Nintendo of America's one

Download Pikmin 3 on eShop from Release until September 21st, get Wonderful 101 for 30% off

Sega 3D Classics confirmed for Europe, too. Altered Beast, Ecco, Sonic, Galaxy Force, Space Harrier, Streets of Rage, Super Hang On

Cloudberry Kingdom and Duck Tales covered in it too. Cloudberry on August 1st, Duck Tales on August 15th

Spin the Bottle in August

Earthbound today. Earthbound strategy guide made available online sans scratch and sniff

Can I do my "I was right" dance, now? :p

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Can I do my "I was right" dance, now? :p

Do it, you wonderful Serebii you!

I immediatly regret my decision to buy a WiiU next week. I should have bought it yesterday hhaah! Sooo looking forward to Earthbound! :D

Wish Earthbound was coming to 3DS as well (I assume it is just Wii U as previously reported) However am glad to hear we are finally getting Sega's 3D Classics.

Wish Earthbound was coming to 3DS as well (I assume it is just Wii U as previously reported) However am glad to hear we are finally getting Sega's 3D Classics.

Yeah, on the US one it specifically states "Only on Wii U", as they have been doing in the marketing so much now

Yeah, on the US one it specifically states "Only on Wii U", as they have been doing in the marketing so much now

Well not enough to get me to make the job. My search for "the" game continues...

Not watched, but the 30% discount on W101 with Pikmin 3 is rather interesting.

Not watched, but the 30% discount on W101 with Pikmin 3 is rather interesting.

Comes out cheaper than if you get it from ShopTo, but only if you get the download code from GAME

If you get both on ShopTo, they're £33 each. That's £66

GAME currently has the game for pre-order at £34.99. Assuming the download code will be that, that's £5 less than on the eShop, but £2 more than ShopTo

Then, assuming Wonderful 101 is £39.99 on the eShop, that'll be marked down to £28 with the 30% discount. Total of £62.99.

Plus, you'll get just over 500 Premium points back, so that's an extra £5 for you later. I'd say it's worth it

Comes out cheaper than if you get it from ShopTo, but only if you get the download code from GAME

If you get both on ShopTo, they're £33 each. That's £66

GAME currently has the game for pre-order at £34.99. Assuming the download code will be that, that's £5 less than on the eShop, but £2 more than ShopTo

Then, assuming Wonderful 101 is £39.99 on the eShop, that'll be marked down to £28 with the 30% discount. Total of £62.99.

Plus, you'll get just over 500 Premium points back, so that's an extra £5 for you later. I'd say it's worth it

That's a good post. How sure are you that the GAME download code is going to be the same?

This. Changes. Everything. That potentially could be a really sweet deal. Hmm. I'm planning to get both games anyway, but having both downloaded might be the way forward...the future.

That's a good post. How sure are you that the GAME download code is going to be the same?

This. Changes. Everything. That potentially could be a really sweet deal. Hmm. I'm planning to get both games anyway, but having both downloaded might be the way forward...the future.

Well the standard pre-order is £34.99 and they're typically the same

Well the standard pre-order is £34.99 and they're typically the same

Really? So, if you wanted to start a collection digitally, it would make more sense to go to GAME and get the download code from there? Then, come home, enter the code, and download it from the eShop? Rather than going to the eShop directly.

Is that right? I have no idea how these download codes work. Are the download codes usually the same price then as the boxed version?

Really? So, if you wanted to start a collection digitally, it would make more sense to go to GAME and get the download code from there? Then, come home, enter the code, and download it from the eShop? Rather than going to the eShop directly.

Is that right? I have no idea how these download codes work. Are the download codes usually the same price then as the boxed version?

You can do it from GAME's online shop, so you don't even need to leave the house. That's how I got Animal Crossing, for £5 cheaper than the eShop :) You get the code instantly http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=214844&articleId=214845&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151&cm_sp=Home-_-digiSignPost-_-nintendoEshop

Basically, when Nintendo introduced that they were offering the games online, they offered the option for retailers to carry download codes & cards. These can be priced however the retailer sees fit, not at a set price (though it has a RRP like the games of course), allowing for the retailer to still be relevant in the world.

With download codes, you get the game of course, and with the Nintendo Network Premium feature, you still get the points based on the RRP rather than the money you paid, so if you get Pikmin 3 for £34.99, it treats it as if it was £39.99 for the purpose of calculating the points.

If you're going to download from the eShop, it makes sense to check if GAME has a download code for it first due to this. It's cheaper and you still get the money back.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Sega 3D Classics confirmed for Europe, too. Altered Beast, Ecco, Sonic, Galaxy Force, Space Harrier, Streets of Rage, Super Hang On

I just know I'm going to buy all these! :shakehead

I probably will too as the only game I've played out of those is Sonic.

I just know I'm going to buy all these! :shakehead

I'm buying Space Harrier for the soundtrack alone. :D

Sadly, none of those games interest me. Actually, I can't come up with a 16-bit game Sega could release to get me interested. Phantasy Star is one thing, but I already have them Sega MegaDrive Ultimate Collection.

I only want sertain MegaDrive games from Konami and Capcom...

I can't wait for these Mega Drive games. Literally all over them.

Particularly Altered Beast, Streets of Rage and Sonic!

Although, where is Golden Axe?! And Batman and Robin?! And The Addams Family?!

All amazing Mega Drive games. Oh, oh and Castle of Illusion?!!

Bring them Sega... you know you want to!

Nice incentive by Nintendo for Pikmin3 & W101 and generally encouraging digital download from day 1. Unless W101 is going to be released at a lower price the retailers can't be too happy surely?

I can't wait for these Mega Drive games. Literally all over them.

Particularly Altered Beast, Streets of Rage and Sonic!

Although, where is Golden Axe?! And Batman and Robin?! And The Addams Family?!

All amazing Mega Drive games. Oh, oh and Castle of Illusion?!!

Bring them Sega... you know you want to!

My only grumble is that Altered Beast should have been the coin-op, not the Mega Drive port. And yes, they should have coin-op Golden Axe too. :)