N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

Txt him back when mario kart and smash bros come out :p then who will be laughing . It is a huge shame gta isn't coming for wii u tho

Nintendo should of moneyhatted it just as they should of moneyhatted other multiplat titles. Its a hit but its the only way these 3rd party games will get released on the platform.

GTA V would of sent a message saying Nintendo are not against adult themed games like GTA V being on the platform and would of made it look like they were serious about 3rd party titles. Should of done whatever it took to get that game on the console.

GTA would have been pointless on Wii U in the current situation. I doubt it'd sell many Wii Us not to mention the fact it'd probably not show stellar sales amongst those that do. Those likely to get it would already have an alternative system and get it there.

The fact of the matter is, third party games will not drive sales of the console or improve the situation unless they are exclusive or designed with the system in mind.

Third party games will be bought by people for the console they have. If they have a multiplayer component and a person has multiple consoles, the game will be bought on the console on which their friends are getting the game.

As much as I'd like to see GTAV on Wii U in the same way as I'd like to see BF4 and FIFA 14 it would just be an exercise in ticking boxes. It wouldn't do much to boost sales, it would be an exercise in simply bringing the level of third party support up to parity on at least the big titles.

But isnt that necessary? I think the big titles like Fifa, Madden, GTA, COD, Battlefield etc need to be on the platform.

Those kind of titles to me have a lot of say in whether parents buy a PS3/360 or Wii U for there kids.

You're absolutely right, but it wouldn't exactly help push the Wii U

If it was definitively the superior version (better graphics, second screen Gamepad use, exclusive content etc), then yeah it might have shifted a good few units.

A straight port with no enhancements though? Pointless.

Right, Youtube is acting the major b@ll@cks! 3 times freezing the Wi U in a row and they were different videos. Nothing doing, turning off the gamepad does nothing, you have to hard reset the console. I was hearing about this in the last week but it's the first time I've experienced it.

Anybody else having this problem?

I heard youtube have been doing slight upgrades so it's probably screwing with the Wii U's settings. Maybe Nintendo can include it in their summer upgrade of the OS system because according to some people Nintendo work on the lunar cycle and there's still a week or so to go of Summer(yeah right).

Edit: I should add that when it does play it's some completely random song.

Edited by Wii

Right, Youtube is acting the major b@ll@cks! 3 times freezing the Wi U in a row and they were different videos. Nothing doing, turning off the gamepad does nothing, you have to hard reset the console. I was hearing about this in the last week but it's the first time I've experienced it.

I heard youtube have been doing slight upgrades so it's probably screwing with the Wii U's settings. Maybe Nintendo can include it in their summer upgrade of the OS system because according to some people Nintendo work on the lunar cycle and there's still a week or so to go of Summer(yeah right).

Yeah, Youtube changed their viewer again and the HTML5 one is buggy

I think its fucked right now on PS3 too. Well at least it is for me....nothing loading.

So nice of them to test these things before going live

I'm sure it's fine on their end. It'll require an update from Nintendo and Youtube aren't going to wait for that to be. God knows when that'll happen. Care to predict the Euromillions numbers for Tuesday?

I'm sure it's fine on their end. It'll require an update from Nintendo and Youtube aren't going to wait for that to be. God knows when that'll happen. Care to predict the Euromillions numbers for Tuesday?

It's an issue with their HTML5 player though, not Nintendo's end since it's allegedly happening to PS3 users too