NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I've got a 3rd party Wii "Classic Pro" Control pad, the only issue i've had with it is the fact some of the buttons are a little stiff to begin with. And yes, i got it off ebay. Only need to use it now with Majoras Mask and Super Mario 64 as the other Wii VC games i've had are upgraded to WiiU and can use the Pro controller.

Picked up an official WiiU Pro Controller last weekend for £28 from CEX online as it seemed to be the only place i could find an official one at a reasonable price. Had to give it a quick clean to get the dirt off, but it works perfectly fine. Had a bash on Monster Hunter with it, and it feels so much better to play with a conventional control pad. As many have done, mainly picked it up for Mario Kart 8 gaming.

It's probably because if they allowed any controller be plugged in through USB then they can't control the quality of the peripherals being used and of course the major reason is that this way they get a profit from every controller sold for use on Wii U. Just my thinking on the situation, perhaps I'm wrong.

It's probably because if they allowed any controller be plugged in through USB then they can't control the quality of the peripherals being used and of course the major reason is that this way they get a profit from every controller sold for use on Wii U. Just my thinking on the situation, perhaps I'm wrong.

You are wrong. Controllers aren't just plug and play. The hardware has to know how to recognise the inputs

That's really lame but as a lot of you have said, hopefully it's something they can patch with an update.

So right now the only thing the USB's are good for is charging controllers and using mics?

You are wrong. Controllers aren't just plug and play. The hardware has to know how to recognise the inputs

This. Think about anything new you plug into a USB port on your computer, it has to install drivers before the computer can recognise and understand the inputs.

That's really lame but as a lot of you have said, hopefully it's something they can patch with an update.

So right now the only thing the USB's are good for is charging controllers and using mics?

It would seem so! Disappointing, but I imagine with Nintendo actually lending an ear to the pro gaming community, a patch could come eventually.

Maybe they'll announce the wired Pro Controller at the Invitational

Maybe they'll announce the wired Pro Controller at the Invitational

Well they (or someone else) kind of has to, sooner rather than later!

I imagine we'll get one decently crafted wired controller before Evo next year at the very latest.

A patch could come, I guess. It doesn't mean that it will. I doubt it will. Anyway, this isn't really something I've thought about and I guess I've accepted it. Still, thinking on it, it would make sense to have a wired USB connection, although I doubt it would be something that I would personally use.

Nothing from ubisoft @ E3

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/37499/no-wii-u-or-3ds-games-from-ubisoft-at-e3-2014

The delayed version of Watch Dogs is the only upcoming Ubisoft game on a Nintendo platform we know about.

Ubisoft's E3 2014 lineup won't feature any Nintendo games, according to the publisher.

"We won't be showing off any Nintendo games at E3 this year," a Ubisoft representative said. Currently, the company is slated to show off Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, and more announced and unannouced games at E3 2014.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot spoke last year about how the company was planning to still support the Wii U during the 2013 holiday season and would review their commitment to Nintendo's console after that.

Currently, the only upcoming game from Ubisoft for a Nintendo platform is the delayed release of Watch Dogs, which is expected, at best, this fall, months after the May 27 of Watch Dogs on other systems.

At E3 2011, Ubisoft teamed up with Nintendo for a special developer discussion focusing on Ubisoft's upcoming slate of Wii U titles, including Killer Freaks from Outer Space (which later became ZombiU) and the never-released Ghost Recon Online. The following E3, Ubisoft's press conference was one of the first public demonstrations of the near-final Wii U with demos of Rayman Legends, ZombiU, and Just Dance.

Not a huge surprise. They're gone. If we get any more games from Ubisoft on the Wii U, it'll be a bonus.

Not a huge surprise. They're gone. If we get any more games from Ubisoft on the Wii U, it'll be a bonus.

Could of showed Watch Dogs if its still coming?

Guess it confirms Assassins Creed 4 isnt being released on the wii u.

Who needs the West anymore.

But so help me god if that Beyond Good and Evil 2 isn't on WiiU, so help me god!

Nothing from ubisoft @ E3

Not surprising but sad, Ubisoft made a good exclusive game in ZombiU to showcase how the gamepad could change the gaming experience, shame no one else bothered.

Who is left then, Sega and...

The delayed version of Watch Dogs is the only upcoming Ubisoft game on a Nintendo platform we know about.

Ubisoft's E3 2014 lineup won't feature any Nintendo games, according to the publisher.

"We won't be showing off any Nintendo games at E3 this year," a Ubisoft representative said. Currently, the company is slated to show off Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, and more announced and unannouced games at E3 2014.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot spoke last year about how the company was planning to still support the Wii U during the 2013 holiday season and would review their commitment to Nintendo's console after that.

Currently, the only upcoming game from Ubisoft for a Nintendo platform is the delayed release of Watch Dogs, which is expected, at best, this fall, months after the May 27 of Watch Dogs on other systems.

At E3 2011, Ubisoft teamed up with Nintendo for a special developer discussion focusing on Ubisoft's upcoming slate of Wii U titles, including Killer Freaks from Outer Space (which later became ZombiU) and the never-released Ghost Recon Online. The following E3, Ubisoft's press conference was one of the first public demonstrations of the near-final Wii U with demos of Rayman Legends, ZombiU, and Just Dance.

The Wii U is in bits. I wonder if you could sue Nintendo for lying about their product? You hear of crazier stories from America.

Everyone's at fault here.

Nintendo didn't "cultivate" third party relationships (i.e. throw money at them) so support was minimal

Third parties threw crappy poor quality ports on the console and complained that they didn't sell.

ALSO, this is in response to the question "will be any Wii U or 3DS games at Ubisoft's booth this year?" Therefore this does not mean that there will be no support. Last year, they didn't show any Wii U versions of games either, that didn't mean they didn't exist.

Everyone's at fault here.

Nintendo didn't "cultivate" third party relationships (i.e. throw money at them) so support was minimal

Third parties threw crappy poor quality ports on the console and complained that they didn't sell.

ALSO, this is in response to the question "will be any Wii U or 3DS games at Ubisoft's booth this year?" Therefore this does not mean that there will be no support. Last year, they didn't show any Wii U versions of games either, that didn't mean they didn't exist.

You still don't get it, do you? You're deliberately blaming everyone but Nintendo. You don't need to throw money at 3rd parties to get games; that's been proven THOUSANDS of times. Why you feel the need to make it up now is beyond me. Support was minimal because the industry new that the Wii brand was weak after around 2010 and that casual gamers had moved on. It was also clear that not even Nintendo had a strategy for the Wii U; it's not up to 3rd parties to run Nintendo and decide that for them.

As for crappy ports; most of the ports than run worse on Wii U than on PS3/360 have significantly greater teams working on them than those that port 360 games to say PS3 or PS4-> XBO. It requires significant time and hardware to do so, especially in the Wii U's case it runs with a weak CPU-strong GPGPU set up which means that it struggles to run ports well unless significantly time and effort is spent into it (which costs money, and again, the audience has moved on).

Tbh, Nintendo basically made it impossible for 3rd parties to have any success on Wii U. The fact we got Zombi U is pretty incredible really.

Stop being OTT.

Edited by Goron_3

HURGH! WAR! What is USB good for? Absolutely nothing!

You still don't get it, do you? You're deliberately blaming everyone but Nintendo. You don't need to throw money at 3rd parties to get games; that's been proven THOUSANDS of times. Why you feel the need to make it up now is beyond me. Support was minimal because the industry new that the Wii brand was weak after around 2010 and that casual gamers had moved on. It was also clear that not even Nintendo had a strategy for the Wii U; it's not up to 3rd parties to run Nintendo and decide that for them.

As for crappy ports; most of the ports than run worse on Wii U than on PS3/360 have significantly greater teams working on them than those that port 360 games to say PS3 or PS4-> XBO. It requires significant time and hardware to do so, especially in the Wii U's case it runs with a weak CPU-strong GPGPU set up which means that it struggles to run ports well unless significantly time and effort is spent into it (which costs money, and again, the audience has moved on).

Tbh, Nintendo basically made it impossible for 3rd parties to have any success on Wii U. The fact we got Zombi U is pretty incredible really.

Stop being OTT.

No, Nintendo is partially at fault.

What I am saying is that they're not the only ones at fault. Yes, they don't need to throw money to get support, but when the other two essentially are, it's becoming expected and is a slippery slope.

Yes, ports are "hard", but part of that was due to Nintendo messing up and not providing the complete documentation until late 2012.

And yes, them naming the console the Wii U was a mistake. I never debate against that.

Personally I don't think it's about money at all ( ok maybe a little at times ) but something a lot more simpler: Respect.

The other 2 have shown 3rd parties the upmost respect by asking what they want out of the console and how to go about building them in a way that makes it easier for them to develop for. Nintendo on the other hand simply said "Here's out console. Deal with it."

There's been numerous examples, one even by me from a friend of mine who worked at Ubisoft, who said Nintendo are hard to work with for various reasons and this doesn't help build bridges or confidence with 3rd parties.

All of this isn't shocking news but it still doesn't make it acceptable.

What I am saying is that they're not the only ones at fault. Yes, they don't need to throw money to get support, but when the other two essentially are, it's becoming expected and is a slippery slope.

Yes, ports are "hard", but part of that was due to Nintendo messing up and not providing the complete documentation until late 2012.

And yes, them naming the console the Wii U was a mistake. I never debate against that.

The others throwing money to get support as you put it, is that not usually for exclusives? I'm not asking for exclusives, I just want parity.

But 3rd parties do not expect cash to thrown at them, they just want a console with an appealing market. I don't think 3rd parties have done anything. I mean can you really blame them for anything? It's not even that ports are hard; they are just VERY expensive to do well. It was poor work on Nintendo's part for going with a suck a low-clocked CPU.

Stop being OTT.

Not forgetting that third parties were burned on the Wii when games didnt sell as well as hoped. Nintendo just havent cultivated there audience into trying genre of games that third parties produce.

This is the end result of ignoring the tastes and likes of western gamers and not talking to third party developers asking what they want from a console hardware wise.

Ubisoft tried they really did but nobody can blame them for bailing. Too many games bombed.