NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

I am a new Wii U Owner :D

@Josh64, what's wrong with Sonic Local? I've only played the game for a bit in single tbh, seems a decent enough kart racer. N4S and All-Star will be two very different beasts. Also N4S satisfies, but I do feel mildly sad it's an N4S and not quite Burnout.

Hello, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate...?

I dunno about that. I'm not sure I have the time or energy to get back into that. Tempted to just wait for 4 to get my fix.

Ah come on Flinky.... you got Tri a bit late... you can do the same with MH3U, you could be my Padawan again :D

You have ZombiU anyway so that is awesome, you'll enjoy the hell out of that :)

Have you set up you NNID yet?

@Josh64, what's wrong with Sonic Local? I've only played the game for a bit in single tbh, seems a decent enough kart racer. N4S and All-Star will be two very different beasts. Also N4S satisfies, but I do feel mildly sad it's an N4S and not quite Burnout.

It becomes such a glitch fest, the frame-rate doesn't hold up well, the menus are just terrible and the controllers are such a pain in the ass.

Each time a race is finished you have to go back to select the mode, select the track, select characters, make sure everyone is in the game by pressing the + button on the Wii mote.

As I said, the glitches range from weird (Clicking on Ulala and instead showing Reala with the stats of AiAi) to frustrating (Vehicle not transforming and your boat just spazzing around on the pavement).

The controllers are the most annoying though because the Wii remote alone sucks so I have to hand out a couple of nunchuks here, classic controllers there, a controller pro.

Everyone has different buttons to press and I have to go through the controls every time I get a different bunch of people to play :p Not to mention the Classic Controller default controls are ridiculous (you have to hold down the tiny button next to R to go) so every time we have to go into the options and change it to 'Controller Option B'.

Though I imagine if you have Wii U Pro Controllers it won't be as annoying.

The single player and online is great though! I hope I haven't just put everyone off :p

Sonic racing transformed is a great racer for sure, my little time with it was very enjoyable. Although the image quality on the GamePad was very disappointing.

But yes, GET TRANSFORMED. It's my favourite racer in years (you'll especially like it if you're a big SEGA fan) and I need some more people to play against online :D

I picked it up recently for £20 (with Sonic 1-3&K, Mean Bean Machine, Spinball, CD, Adventure DX & 2:Battle, Sonic 4, Generations and the first Racing included) and it's a brilliant racer.

The controls are incredibly solid, the best I've seen in a Kart game, and the levels are dynamic and very interesting. The mission mode is also a lot of fun and there are a good selection of characters. The flying and boats remind me od Diddy Kong Racing and switching between the different sections is smooth and fun.

The mission mode is also great, and one thing I've noticed is that lots of things are streamlined - it's easy to restart when you fail.

It's a great game. Mario Kart 8 has a lot to live up to.

I agree with everyone else. Loading screens aside, Lego City is probably one of the most fun games I have ever played

Lego City is the Wii U... you hear me?

Also, if you want to shave a few extra quid off web prices, flubit.com is your friend. If you are thinking of getting Pikmin, grab the link from wowhd.co.uk and paste it into flubit. You should get it for around £25 but they do take the money out right away on pre-orders same as anything.

I did enjoy LEGO City to start with but stopped playing after a while, no particular reason, real life just got in the way. The fact that you all keep mentioning it means I may have to get back into it again though.

The only thing I didn't like was the lack of music when driving around in cars, it would have been a nice touch, even if it was just an original soundtrack and not licensed songs!

@Cube - That's quite a wonderful selection of titles there :D Especially if it's the 360/PS3 version of Generations because that's fantastic! And yeah, I agree with pretty much everything you said about Transformed. I loved the mission mode and there's just so much to it. I haven't sunk so many hours into a single player racing game since Adventure mode on Diddy Kong Racing!

Let's hope for a sequel (or some DLC) eh? :D

Also, I'd never played the original Sonic Adventure until I downloaded it last year... I wasn't impressed :P The controls, the graphics, the gameplay, my gosh. I'd take Heroes over that, any day!

Edited by Josh64

Especially if it's the 360/PS3 version of Generations because that's fantastic!

All PC. The PC version of Generations is very impressive, and actually supports mods. I downloaded a mod which adds all the main Day levels from Unleashed (minus Eggmanland, due to the Warehog parts) to the game, running on the new engine with much improved graphics.

The PC port of Transformed is also very smooth.

The only games I can recommend are Tekken Tag 2 (so good) and Rayman Legends (which still sounds so promising). Not much else I tried for the console, other than Nintendo Land (which I think is not what you're looking for)

Finally!! You have got one!

Get Monster Hunter. Its immense.

Also get Tekken. I need someone to fight with me online :-)

Hmmm, I think that's the best price I've seen for Lego City yet.

I highly recommended Tank!Tank!Tank!

arnold_not_sure_if_serious_gif.gif

Ok, fair enough man, MH3U does swallow time like a hooker blowing Chronos.

But, should you for some reason at some point consider it...it's definitely worth it. I played the crap out of Tri, yet had no problem with doing the same with MH3U. New weapons, new monsters, new quests; an ultimate version very well done.

Fucking lol at that bolded part. :D

Hmm, I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted. But, I just haven't got the time or the dedication for this. I'm saving my Monster Hunter love for 4 when that arrives. I don't want to be burnt out by the time that comes out.

Ah come on Flinky.... you got Tri a bit late... you can do the same with MH3U, you could be my Padawan again :D

You have ZombiU anyway so that is awesome, you'll enjoy the hell out of that :)

Have you set up you NNID yet?

I'm picking it up tomorrow from ASDA, so I'll do it all then. After 5pm, apparently. :D

Can't wait for ZombiU. Excited.

Finally!! You have got one!

Get Monster Hunter. Its immense.

Also get Tekken. I need someone to fight with me online :-)

I've picked up Tekken. It was a toss-up between that and Injustice. I may wait for Injustice to go down in price a little, or wait for the GOTY edition like mentioned earlier. Tekken should be here next week. Will challenge you then, braaah.

I was being serious about Tank!Tank!Tank! It's a great little game and you can pick it up dirt cheap now. I played most of it by myself but its even more fun if played in co-op.

Well, I wanted to like Tank Tank Tank, but the fact that you cannot rotate the turret independently is just unacceptable in a tank game.

Difficult choices if you can't spunk loads of money, I have a few games and played most...

Batman Arkham City, if you've never played it - BUY IT!!! My favourite game outside of Nintendo last ten, amazing.

Need For Speed is incredible, as is Sonic Racing, love them both; depends what your ultimate preference is though. need for speed is the better game in that it looks amazing, uses the wii pad well, the online is incredible; Sonic Racing is a little sloppier in all apsects, but a fantastic kart racer. If they both appeal as much in style then go for Need for speed.

I bought tekken and want injustice. Tekken is fantastic, loads of characters; again, an almost perfect version of the game. If Injustice plays like the latest mortal kombat though then it will be great; and if you like the world of the characters them added bonus. Couldn't go wring with either.

Get Fifa 13, it's cheap, it'll be wii u relevant for another year odd Thanks EA), and after @edza and @flameboy I need SOMEONE who may be able to challenge me on Fifa ;)

NSMB U is the best version of the game, great miiverse use; amazing level design and often moments of genius... but it is slightly stale out of default. If you aint bothered for 2D platformers (wait for DOnkey Kong) then yeah, maybe leave it.

Nintendoland is amazing. I think it's essential Wii U fodder, but I don't think many agree with me.

Tank tank tank... I don't fully understand why hero loves it so much :) It's good fun; but yeah, just download the free version and see how you get on.

There's some cracking eshop games - Zen Pinball 2 is amazing (even better now Starwars Pinball is out) but obviously you have to like videogame pinball for that; Trine 2 is stunning and Mighty Switch Force if you didn't buy the 3DS version. Or, if you'r elike me, even if you did buy the 3DS version :)

Flink I would be suspicious of everyone's real motives here because I find it highly conspicuous that no-one has yet recommended

Little Inferno

I did some words about it here.

If you ever played World of Goo, it's an automatic buy.

If you never played World of Goo, it's an automatic buy.

3KeFkMT.gif

I really wanted to like Tank! Tank! Tank! but it's bad. I even bought My Kong Mode because of how fun it sounded but it's just so unbalanced. That game should just be burnt... like, put in an inferno or something, just a Little Inferno, mind.

I really wanted to like Tank! Tank! Tank! but it's bad. I even bought My Kong Mode because of how fun it sounded but it's just so unbalanced. That game should just be burnt... like, put in an inferno or something, just a Little Inferno, mind.

What can I say? I like it. It's rough around the edges and very basic but I find it every appealling. I think londragon is also a fan of the game.

I was being serious about Tank!Tank!Tank! It's a great little game and you can pick it up dirt cheap now. I played most of it by myself but its even more fun if played in co-op.

You can download Tank Tank Tank for free on the eShop

Ah, so it's free, eh? Can't say no to that.

I definitely want both Sonic and Need for Speed, although Need for Speed is so damn expensive at the moment. Any deals going for that one? I might get Batman a little further down the line as that looks sweet.

It's quite funny that suddenly I'm noticing quite a lot of games I actually want.

A question: How many of you bitches have transferred over your Wii save data to the Wii U? I'm terrified of my Wii U getting corrupted and losing everything. Also, if I buy a new Wii game (there's still a ton I want), can I save the data directly to the Wii U's HDD? Or does it need to go on an SD card or something?

A question: How many of you bitches have transferred over your Wii save data to the Wii U? I'm terrified of my Wii U getting corrupted and losing everything. Also, if I buy a new Wii game (there's still a ton I want), can I save the data directly to the Wii U's HDD? Or does it need to go on an SD card or something?

I have. Worth it just for the Pikmin sequence.

Haven't heard any tales of horror about anyone losing all their data in the process.

And yes, I'm 99% certain you can just save Wii data onto the Wii U as normal. A quirk of it is that on Wii Mode, the system thinks there's still only 512MB of space, even if you've got a 32GB Wii U. However, that doesn't really matter for actual Wii save data given that save data is negligible.

It seems to be saving my Boom Street data on the HD. Not that I've checked...but I think it is.

Alright, what is this "Boom Street" you speak of? Isn't that the Nintendo Monopoly game? Is it actually any good then?