NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U Karaoke - Joysound - EU 2013. Free Download

Confirmed as getting an EU release this year.

Wii U karaoke download game coming this year

No family console is complete without a karaoke game.

And while Wii U already has Sing Party, released back in January, Nintendo has announced a new digital offering for any aspiring popstars.

Wii Karaoke U by Joysound will be made available via the Nintendo eShop as a free download. Players will then be required to purchase tickets that let them use the game for one hour, 24 hours or 30 days.

Users browse the catalogue and create playlists with the Wii U GamePad, which also doubles as a microphone. The previously released Wii U microphone and other compatible USB microphones will also work.

Wii Karaoke U follows on from Karaoke Joysound Wii, a Japan-only game that was released both at retail and via WiiWare by Hudson Soft. It featured the Joysound online song library of Xing, a Japanese karaoke firm.

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/wii-u-karaoke-download-game-coming-this-year/0118029

TM_WiiUDS_WiiKaraokeU_

Edited by madeinbeats

Nice! :) This should've been available at launch like it was in Japan. Never did understand why on earth Nintendo bothered commissioning Sing Party, when they already had their own Wii U Kareoke game already :confused:

Nice! :) This should've been available at launch like it was in Japan. Never did understand why on earth Nintendo bothered commissioning Sing Party, when they already had their own Wii U Kareoke game already :confused:

They commissioned Sing Party?

If they did it was probably only because of a well established brand identity more over than their own. Plus, it wasn't PAYG.

They commissioned Sing Party?

If they did it was probably only because of a well established brand identity more over than their own.

But Sing Party was a brand new franchise.

Because being the generous, altruistic publisher they are, they didn't want to see FreeStyle go hungry after Activision milked the DJ Hero teat dry.

But Sing Party was a brand new franchise.

Is it lol. I honestly thought it was multiplat and had no idea Nintendo published it lol.

I'm expert in the field you can tell.

Edited by madeinbeats

I read this earlier today, I wish it was released now, it would make a great party game.

So I turn on my Wii U just now and find this thrash downloaded to my system. My Wii U has been violated and it feels dirty.

So I turn on my Wii U just now and find this thrash downloaded to my system. My Wii U has been violated and it feels dirty.

What? Wii Karaoke U is great! Had a good time with it for a month, and I'll definitely be buying a new ticket once it gets some more good songs.

Well you shouldn't have aceepted to turn on the auto download spotpass thing after the last update then.

I think this is good they are pushing out other Freeware that has come out previously. I now Wii Sports Club was the first (I saw people on Miiverse and on Facebook all confused why that suddenly appeared on their system) but thought it would only be done for new software.

So nice to see them go back and do it for older stuff. Wonder will things like Tank-Tank-Tank, Google Maps App, also get pushed out to people who haven't d/l'd it yet...hell they should try pushing out some of the free demos too.

Might get more people trying stuff they didn't think about before and maybe they will enjoy enough to put money down.

Back on the topic of Wii U Karaoke, I still haven't used my free hour yet. Saving it for Xmas when I know it'll get used by teh family and I'll likely have to buy a 24hour pass for it after

Actually just wondering is there anywhere online that lists all available songs? I'd like to see whats on there?

Any chance there's any metal :heh:?

Iron Maiden? Metalica? to keep me happy :)

I'm 99% certain that you can set up the song lists/favourites without using your free hour.

The hour only starts when you begin singing that first song. That's how it works when you purchase a ticket anyway.

Browse away. It's a great feature :)

The website has the tracks listed too if you are feeling sheepish.

Had an hour on this (on my own!) this morning, was fun. Song list is varied - a nice variety of new tracks and oldies, but then some songs you expect to be in any karaoke bar are missing. Still, a lot more extensive than buying a standalone karaoke game, and good value too. Will save the 7 day code I got with my Wii U for christmas, bound to be a bit of a laugh!

Every time I see the word Karaoke, I now think of Shibata pronouncing it KARA-o-KÉ

I think this software is very good; they add 51 songs every single week which is great, the customisation and ability to change pitch and speed up and have favourites and stuff is a great touch!!

Had a quick look at this the other day, I was indeed able to browse songs without using the free hour :)

Didn't find any Iron Maiden or Metallica :( but found some other good songs I don't normally see on my cousins karaoke machine she normally brings to family gatherings....bring on Christmas :D

Had a quick look at this the other day, I was indeed able to browse songs without using the free hour :)
Is it possible to mess with any of the customisation stuff too, or does that require purchasing a pass?

I'm sure there are some metalica...

You can play with everything without a pass bar actual singing

Is it possible to mess with any of the customisation stuff too, or does that require purchasing a pass?

Yeah I was messing without Mii outfits and stuff, wish you could have similar outfit choices for Miis as standard in the Mii Maker

I'm sure there are some metalica...

You can play with everything without a pass bar actual singing

Really? I searched by Artist and did find any :(

BTW, what are the ticket options again and how much each?

Yeah I was messing without Mii outfits and stuff, wish you could have similar outfit choices for Miis as standard in the Mii Maker

Really? I searched by Artist and did find any :(

BTW, what are the ticket options again and how much each?

Hmmm, maybe not then :)

£1.79 an hour, £3.49 a day £13.99 a month

ISH!

Yep...bit big favourite in our house is this. Love the song selection and the way it is continuously updated.

Nintendo should be promoting this more! :indeed:

Haha, I knew they would add CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA with the Japanese songs.

Surprised to see BRAND NEW WORLD, tempted to play the game just for that song. :o

I thought the game already had Japanese songs... Guess I'll finally check it out and see what they have. Hope they got Ken Hirai - Popstar. I even have my Mii wearing a teddy bear suit for it :D