NEurope

Welcome to the forums.

To everyone else: PerseusRad checks out. He's a legitimate new member, so treat him like one.

Not bots exactly, but people hired to post on forums in order to sneak links. They tend to post some relevant posts which essentially say nothing, pretty much stuff like "I agree with [soandso] on [whatsoandsoposted]". Some of them put a bit more effort in than others.

Thanks for the welcome!

Well, I'm glad that I check out, I'd be really confused if I turned out to be promoting Microsoft. I'd probably be fired, I'm not doing a great job. :/

I don't get any of this.

Rokhed?

Max?

Anyway. Hello & welcome!

Wow, you joined in 2011....

I can't really tell you about Rokhed, I only know he started cross dressing or something. Max was MichaelXD's supposed friend. MichaelXD is a crazy. The thread is still here somewhere.

This guy seems to know a lot about the place...he's done his homework that's for sure.

If you're absolutely not selling anything, welcome!

Your a shoehorn for newcomer of the year already, it's between you and shoebot currently.

I hope you stick around, we tend to scare off most new guys...

Hey, shoebot is my cousin!

That cousin of mine, always trying to outdo me.

Not this time shoebot!

Not this time...

A new member? Quick, someone run a Voight-Kampff test.

Welcome to the forums.

To everyone else: PerseusRad checks out. He's a legitimate new member, so treat him like one.

Not bots exactly, but people hired to post on forums in order to sneak links. They tend to post some relevant posts which essentially say nothing, pretty much stuff like "I agree with [soandso] on [whatsoandsoposted]". Some of them put a bit more effort in than others.

Tbh, I'd say Perseus is doing the good job of dragging up the welcome memes! I did wonder about him on the early mention of MichaelXD/CyclingRoad/all that mess. How did you end up mixed up with that anyway @PerseusRad?

Tbh, I'd say Perseus is doing the good job of dragging up the welcome memes! I did wonder about him on the early mention of MichaelXD/CyclingRoad/all that mess. How did you end up mixed up with that anyway @PerseusRad?

He's on quite a few Pokémon forums.

He came to a forum I moderate. I looked him up, saw his past, but didn't mention it. He started talking to me about being banned, and I knew most of it, but he kept talking, but he wasn't crazy. Then, like yesterday, the day I officially started to mod, he went crazy. I think it was because I was the only staff member. He showed me more "evidence" of being bullied, and he started emailing me. Then, when I said, I wasn't on his side, he was just saying how he doesn't deserved to be treated this way. *Note, his "brother" had joined earlier that day and was also bombarding me. Eventually, one of the admins came, and then he snapped at him, so I infracted him for disrespect, and then again once he was rude once more. He started crying I think, so I just told the admin to put him out of his misery and ban him. He emailed me about the ban, and I was stupid enough to respond, so he kept going on and on. He's stopped for now, but I have a bad feeling he'll be back.

He came to a forum I moderate. I looked him up, saw his past, but didn't mention it. He started talking to me about being banned, and I knew most of it, but he kept talking, but he wasn't crazy. Then, like yesterday, the day I officially started to mod, he went crazy. I think it was because I was the only staff member. He showed me more "evidence" of being bullied, and he started emailing me. Then, when I said, I wasn't on his side, he was just saying how he doesn't deserved to be treated this way. *Note, his "brother" had joined earlier that day and was also bombarding me. Eventually, one of the admins came, and then he snapped at him, so I infracted him for disrespect, and then again once he was rude once more. He started crying I think, so I just told the admin to put him out of his misery and ban him. He emailed me about the ban, and I was stupid enough to respond, so he kept going on and on. He's stopped for now, but I have a bad feeling he'll be back.

Moderating is a thankless job i'd never do again, i've had my fair share of numpties

Ahhh, I guess it depends where you are really. I'd say all round most folks on N-E are rather normal when they're not trying to sell shoes or discredit Serebii.

Ahhh, I guess it depends where you are really. I'd say all round most folks on N-E are rather normal when they're not trying to sell shoes or discredit Serebii.

I was the moderator for a gaming magazine forum once. It was horrible.

Mine was a hot hatch car owners forum, it was fine for a short time, but the membership base increased due to aggressive promotion by the site owner (which isn't a bad thing really, the level of mods was the issue) and with it came a whole variety of different people.

the one rule that got us the most abuse was DNT TLK TXT SPK (i think the rules even had it listed in text speak and english as an in joke), so when people got infractions for it, you'd shortly receive abuse for it via PM (Y U H8N ON ME!) so it was insulting and confusing!

I even tried creative ways to correct the issue, like translating text speach into ye olde english or overly posh english, which got a laugh most of the time, but still abuse. Membership went from around 1000 with 12 mods, to over 16,000 with 12 mods.

There were other problems too, with the new membership came a forum restructure which with it brought gender specific un moderated* forums, which much to my surprise resulted a nude member thread (aka post your partner or conquests) , which even the girls had their own version, by which point i'd given in, it was now vulgar chav filled and i'd got a new car which then made me an outsider on the very forum i moderated

but i digress there's a real life newbie on the forum (or should i call them a Probie?) newcomer of the year for sure

*there were obvious legal exceptions

Edited by Agent Gibbs

I even tried creative ways to correct the issue, like translating text speach into ye olde english or overly posh English

That sounds hilarious.

Psh, once this thread dies, I'll probably become some mega lame fail poster, so I probably won't be newbie of the year, but whatevs.

Whatevs man.

but i digress there's a real life newbie on the forum (or should i call them a Probie?) newcomer of the year for sure

Might end up winning that by default!

Seeing as you are a real person anyhow, we don't know anything about you! I'd assume you're a gamer, and a bit of a pokefan, but what else!

Might end up winning that by default!

Seeing as you are a real person anyhow, we don't know anything about you! I'd assume you're a gamer, and a bit of a pokefan, but what else!

I don't like talking about myself, but all right.

I like RPG Games mostly, and especially turn based, because I like the simple ness of it all. I got Skyrim, but I really suck at the game, even though I wanted it, and I don't play it often. I'm kind of a drifter, and unless I find a forum that I really like, my online time there will be sporadic.

I'm a male, who is probably 14-15, so I'm probably going to high school. I can be a bit of a jerk in real life, but that's just how I am, so whatever. However, I try not to be a jerk online, because everyone knows, that the people you meet online are your true friends.

I'm probably forgetting something to tell you, but really, this is enough.

so I'm probably going to high school.

I think he's American guys...

...which means he probably has a gun!

Run!

Save yourselves!

I think he's American guys...

...which means he probably has a gun!

Run!

Save yourselves!

Darn, you figured me out!

That seems to be happening a lot in this thread.

I don't get any of this.

Rokhed?

Max?

Anyway. Hello & welcome!

Rokhed was around until about 2008 or 9 (maybe I'm wrong on that)

Went from this

np_rokhed00.jpg

All of a sudden, to this

44488395cc8.jpg

Think he started calling himself Sissy Gloria or something...which everyone was cool with, but then he/she started becoming very self righteous and confrontational for no reason, so was banned. He tried to come back under different names, was all very messy - sure someone can explain better than me.

As for Max, no idea, maybe I wasn't paying attention then...

I was all ready to call bullshit and ask you whose friend you were MichaelXD/CyclingRoad etc... but seems legit, welcome to the madness, you'll fit in well!

Rokhed was around until about 2008 or 9 (maybe I'm wrong on that)

Went from this

np_rokhed00.jpg

All of a sudden, to this

44488395cc8.jpg

Think he started calling himself Sissy Gloria or something...which everyone was cool with, but then he/she started becoming very self righteous and confrontational for no reason, so was banned. He tried to come back under different names, was all very messy - sure someone can explain better than me.

As for Max, no idea, maybe I wasn't paying attention then...

I think your dates for Rokhed are right. I just remember him slagging off Doctor Who a lot and saying it wasn't as good as the originals which is something I've also sometimes felt during the Russell T Davies days. However that is about the only thing I'd agree with him on.

Oddly just listened "Stuff you should know" podcast and it was on Drag Queens and then you posted that stunning picture lol

Just read this thread...seen the thread "Forums are being hacked".

I'm scared. :shakehead

Did you even read the thread?

I bet someone said "you-know-who" 3 times in a row, and now the dark summoning has begun.

I don't get any of this.

Rokhed?

Max?

Anyway. Hello & welcome!

Consider yourself lucky.

Welcome 'Rad!

I bet someone said "you-know-who" 3 times in a row, and now the dark summoning has begun.

Mooooom, I told you not to do that. /jk this is serious

Consider yourself lucky.

Welcome 'Rad!

Thanks or the welcome!