NEurope
ReZourceman

The LEGO Movie

Saw a poster in the cinema then a trailer, not usually into a lot of the Lego things but this has got me excited a little bit! Starting to feel like this year is a good year for my cineworld card!

Yeah, that new trailer looks hilarious. I think this is going to clean up at the cinema.

Yeah, that new trailer looks hilarious. I think this is going to clean up at the cinema.
Because @ReZourceman will go and see it that many times? :p Edited by Retro_Link

I´m not going to watch any other trailers, but the first one had so much charm I can´t possibly imagine this film disappointing me. Very much looking forward to it.. Just 2 weeks left I think.

Just got back from seeing this as preview showings were this weekend.

Absolutely amazing! I ain't kidding when I say this is one if the best and funniest movies I've seen. Me and the lads were all howling during the course of the movie. It's such a nice change of pace to see a movie that doesn't need to resort to crude humour or bad language to get the laughs. Plenty of action, plenty of laughs and some heartfelt moments to top it off.

A MUST SEE!!

I was initially surprised with the turnout in the cinema (there were 10 people, including me), but it made things nice and quiet.

As for the film. I completely agree with HoT: it was wonderful. The animation was utterly sublime, with a whopping amount of detail and everything just looked perfect. There was also plenty of background references, and I'm glad the trailers didn't spoiler all the cameos. On top of that there are loads of nice little touches to the film.

The main characters were also done well, and I felt like Warner Bros did a good job with DCs characters, as none of them felt like product placements and they clearly didn't mind mocking them. I would have liked to have seen one small cameo from a certain set, but that was extremely unlikely to happen anyway. Still, a good mix of new characters and existing LEGO characters (both original and licensed).

There was one point where I was concerned with the direction the film was going, but it was actually handled extremely well, with some great serious moments mixed in with the humour, action and all-round awesomeness.

If I had to sum the film up in a few words, it would be "Everything is awesome!"

I nearly cried when the credits rolled, it was so beautiful.

Uploading a "The LEGO Movie" special review video soon.

Bam!

Edited by ReZourceman

If you don´t have anything against 3D then go watch it in 3D. It´s 3D animation (i.e. native 3D), so it´s a natural fit.

I would always watch in 2D given the choice, but yeah, I've heard 3D is good.

But, still, FUCK 3D.

Ended up going in 2D. Loved the movie so much, now I pretty much have to buy the damn sets. Was hoping to get away with just the pirate and cowboy stuff.

I'm glad to see everyone is loving it. I've been reading various reviews and website forums and have yet to find a single person who didn't like it.

I wanna go see it again. :D

Ended up going in 2D. Loved the movie so much, now I pretty much have to buy the damn sets. Was hoping to get away with just the pirate and cowboy stuff.

"Just the pirate and cowboy stuff"

You know the Sea Cow is coming out in a few weeks at around £150.

70810-MetalBeards-Sea-Cow-corrected.jpg

:p

Already allocated a kidney to sell to afford it!

Took the son to see this today, both of us fully enjoyed it. Was surprised how deep and serious the end got. Wasn't expecting that at all, lovely little twist :D

Also can't get the song out of my head!!!!!

EVERYTHING IS AWESOOOOMMMMMEEEEE

Can you make a double decker couch though?

Can you make a double decker couch though?

A double decker couch is included in that set.

Bought Sea Cow. Built Sea Cow. So awesome, so broke for the next few weeks.