NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Why wouldn't it be wise? Do you think Ashley might get confused about what day it was and start playing early?

Is not unheard of for players on different teams to be friends.

I think they just ended up at the same club afterwards. Not so much invited. Or that's how I like to imagine things, I hope no one in our current squad is friends with Cashley.

There's a bit more to it than that.

- Chelsea and Arsenal were going to have their Christmas parties at the same club, on the same night.

- Mourinho cancels the Chelsea party.

- Ashley Cole and two others go to the club anyway and join the Arsenal party.

It's a dick move because:

- Ashley is a former Arsenal player.

- The two sides meet up in a few days.

- He's defying his manager who made it clear that they wouldn't be having their own party. Going against his orders.

It doesn't look very good, in my opinion. I wouldn't be happy if United players were at the City party, especially if ours was cancelled by the manager.

Of course you can be friends with players from all teams. But, to join them for their team's christmas party...pretty weak, imo.

There's a bit more to it than that.

- Chelsea and Arsenal were going to have their Christmas parties at the same club, on the same night.

- Mourinho cancels the Chelsea party.

- Ashley Cole and two others go to the club anyway and join the Arsenal party.

It's a dick move because:

- Ashley is a former Arsenal player.

- The two sides meet up in a few days.

- He's defying his manager who made it clear that they wouldn't be having their own party. Going against his orders.

It doesn't look very good, in my opinion. I wouldn't be happy if United players were at the City party, especially if ours was cancelled by the manager.

Of course you can be friends with players from all teams. But, to join them for their team's christmas party...pretty weak, imo.

I completely disagree. A lot of these players play together on an international basis all the time. Mourinho cancelled the Chelsea party for whatever reason and Cole/Bertrand/Scharrle went out anyway, who cares? These guys all know each other well and all have friends on the other side. Is it going to affect how they play on Monday? Of course it won't. They went out on a Christmas night out and had fun.

Mourinho cancelled the party? He can't cancel 3 people going out at Christmas.

I completely disagree. A lot of these players play together on an international basis all the time. Mourinho cancelled the Chelsea party for whatever reason and Cole/Bertrand/Scharrle went out anyway, who cares? These guys all know each other well and all have friends on the other side. Is it going to affect how they play on Monday? Of course it won't. They went out on a Christmas night out and had fun.

Mourinho cancelled the party? He can't cancel 3 people going out at Christmas.

I disagree and know that if United players were doing this before a big derby game, I wouldn't be happy. They're more than able to meet up at other times, it just seems wrong in my eyes to do it at another club's Christmas bash.

Moving on from that, what does everyone think of the Cardiff City situation? Malkay has been given an ultimatum and told he must either resign or be sacked. Lunacy.

Moving on from that, what does everyone think of the Cardiff City situation? Malkay has been given an ultimatum and told he must either resign or be sacked. Lunacy.

He's refusing to quit, and i don't blame him. Yes they are 15th in the table, but that's a good position for a newly promoted team. He's the right man for the job, unlike the owner who knows nothing about Football (and that's coming from Brendan Rodgers). Malkay should not have been put in a situation like this, he's done nothing but good for the club. But if he does go, there are openings in Tottenham, West Brom he could go for.

If he's sacked, it will look bad on Cardiff's owners. And if he is sacked, i hope Cardiff get relegated to spite the owner.

Edited by Jimbob

I've not followed it fully but sounds like the owner has some otehr issues with Malkay other than their position, which as has been said is pretty decent for a newly promoted team...what does the owner expect to be pushing for the title? Read something about Malkay saying he hoped to buy 3 new players in the Jan Transfer window and the owner getting upset saying he wasn't giving a penny for new players.

Overall it is such a stupid ultimatum, Resign or be sacked?

Of course he won't resign, he knows he'll get nothing for resigning and prolly has a decent severance package in his contract. The owner can't force him to resign (sounds like he wants to not pay Malkay off)

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by the owner. You can't tell someone publicly to resign or be sacked. You sack the manager if you want rid of him that badly and then you pay him his severance package. MacKay's been put in a terrible position where he knows he isn't wanted by the owners but still is getting some decent results for a newly promoted team.

Malkay could be gone before they play Liverpool, or after. Mr Tan is unsure as to what to do.

Tan has already mugged off Cardiff enough. The most ferocious set of fans I've ever witnessed rolled over and let a Bond villain change their badge and colours. And now this? Should have forced him out instead of riding the gravy train.

Tan has already mugged off Cardiff enough. The most ferocious set of fans I've ever witnessed rolled over and let a Bond villain change their badge and colours. And now this? Should have forced him out instead of riding the gravy train.

A bit unfair to say that they rolled over and took it. They had no choice and, from what I can see, they protested every single step of the way. The owner wasn't going to back down. On the upside, he did give them funds to go into the transfer market and get players. But, a shitty trade-off.

If a major investor funding the club told the players to play in pink accompanied with tutus - I doubt Arsenal fans would do anything different Ramar than complain a lot but inevitably have to allow it (e.g. Manchester United, Hull City and Cardiff now), get off that pedestal.

A bit unfair to say that they rolled over and took it. They had no choice and, from what I can see, they protested every single step of the way. The owner wasn't going to back down. On the upside, he did give them funds to go into the transfer market and get players. But, a shitty trade-off.

They cancelled a protest in 2012 over the kit colour changes... Like I said they rode the gravy train. Happy to sell their history and tradition to reach the Premier League.

The modern game cares for two things money and instant glory.

They cancelled a protest in 2012 over the kit colour changes... Like I said they rode the gravy train. Happy to sell their history and tradition to reach the Premier League.

The modern game cares for two things money and instant glory.

They were advised by the Police and were apparently threatened with violence from supporters who were behind the rebrand.

Not really a lot more they could have done. Once the owner has his mind on one thing, like the Malkay situation, nothing will change his mind. I find that sad.

Fair play to Cardiff, put in a great performance for Malky.

Top of the league! Great result. :)

I hope people start giving Hendo the praise he deserves, he's been great all season.

There's no more words I can think of to describe Suarez. He's unplayable.

Apparently Rory Delap has thrown in the towel...

...it went fucking miles.

Suarez was insane today. The MOTD analysis of how he's a team player looking out for the youngsters was great -- I really don't know whether to like the man for his football or dislike him for his actions. In any instance, any of this thread's suggestions that he was going to be snapped up in the january transfer window were put to rest with his new contract!

Contracts don't necessarily mean anything other than the price to buy them out of the contract will be a lot higher

But I do agree it is highly unlikely for now.

Did anyone else notice a problem with the goal line technology in the Liverpool game, it made its decision based on the ball being a little bit further on the line than it actually was to begin with when the keeper knocked it out.

Contracts don't necessarily mean anything other than the price to buy them out of the contract will be a lot higher

But I do agree it is highly unlikely for now.

After Liverpool win the League and Uruguay win the World Cup in the Summer, Liverpool will sell him for £120 million and 1p. Watch this space ;)

I thought we played pretty well yesterday. Cleverley and Welbeck both looked surprisingly good, again. Seems like they've taken some criticism and have worked hard to combat it. Good on 'em.

The first half in particular was great. That first 11 should be the one that starts every week now, it looks balanced. Finally, we look as threatening on the left as we do on the right. Credit to Moyes, he's getting our wingers playing well this season. Januzaj has looked great in every game and Valencia looks better than he did last. Even Young is scoring. Wtf.

Those two dives from Januzaj were horrible. I hope it doesn't become a common thing with him.

Spurs disastrous season continues. 6 points off top with 2 home games coming up....

It's been such a strange first half of the season, though! It's exciting.. and scary :eek:

If someone had told me Liverpool would have been top of the league just before Christmas I would have told you to wind your neck in.. but equally, if you had told me that we were only 3 points ahead of the team in 5th place who have a game in hand, it's about where I would have at least hoped/expected to be ::shrug:

The recent talk in the media of Liverpool being title contenders is obviously refreshing to hear after our recent struggles, but if we ended up losing against both Manchester City and Chelsea then we'd be left wondering if we'll even make it into Europe at all!

I have faith we can keep it up, though :yay:

Those two dives from Januzaj were horrible. I hope it doesn't become a common thing with him.

Yeah, I'm hoping Moyes will kick that out of his system. The one aspect of his game I don't like. Aside from that, cracking young talent. I'm glad he's been carded for it and it's been brought to attention.

It's been such a strange first half of the season, though! It's exciting.. and scary :eek:

If someone had told me Liverpool would have been top of the league just before Christmas I would have told you to wind your neck in.. but equally, if you had told me that we were only 3 points ahead of the team in 5th place who have a game in hand, it's about where I would have at least hoped/expected to be ::shrug:

The recent talk in the media of Liverpool being title contenders is obviously refreshing to hear after our recent struggles, but if we ended up losing against both Manchester City and Chelsea then we'd be left wondering if we'll even make it into Europe at all!

I have faith we can keep it up, though :yay:

It is what is making it such an exciting season, frustrating being a spurs fan, but were still there. The next two games will be amazing. Some big games, and exactly half way through the season. The top 8 are all pretty tight, whoever spends wisely in jean could push on, but I expect man city and Chelsea to start kicking on to be honest.

As for spurs, ade is like having a new player. Depends on the management situation. Rumours we're going big for van gaal, but he wants to come after the wc. Sherwood hinted he won't take it short term so can see us going for hoddle for the rest of the season.

Spurs disastrous season continues. 6 points off top with 2 home games coming up....

... and 2 points in front of Manchester United.

Get a good manager in, with the squad you have and who knows where you will finish.