NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy XV

As @Tales mentioned back in June, 4 DLC chapters were to be released last year but that is no longer the case. The only chapter that is getting a release is the one about Ardyn and all the others have now been cancelled. In addition to this, the director of the game ( Hajime Tabata ) has resigned from Square Enix. He came in late on the production of the game and rescued the mess that Noruma had the rest of the company created. 

It's weird that this has happened now as I just watched a video on Monday about the next set of DLC and how it could have woven into the main story and fleshed things out a lot more and tidied things up a bit. The game has been a mess production wise from start to finish. Hopefully they S-E will learn lessons form this ( probably not as every main line FF game since FFXII has had production issues ) and move on to the next main entry of the series.

Announcing last Friday that they would do a Final Fantasy XV stream this week was definitely the way to go. Maximum disappointment!

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

As @Tales mentioned back in June, 4 DLC chapters were to be released last year but that is no longer the case. The only chapter that is getting a release is the one about Ardyn and all the others have now been cancelled. In addition to this, the director of the game ( Hajime Tabata ) has resigned from Square Enix. He came in late on the production of the game and rescued the mess that Noruma had the rest of the company created. 

It's weird that this has happened now as I just watched a video on Monday about the next set of DLC and how it could have woven into the main story and fleshed things out a lot more and tidied things up a bit. The game has been a mess production wise from start to finish. Hopefully they S-E will learn lessons form this ( probably not as every main line FF game since FFXII has had production issues ) and move on to the next main entry of the series.

Well, that sucks. I was really looking forward to Aranea and Lunefreya episodes.

The game was average at best, in fact looking back it was a disappointing take on the RPG open world genre.

I wanted SE to move on straight away but obviously the cancelled DLC is disappointing to those that wanted more FFXV.

An update regarding Hajime Tabata:

JP-Games-Est_12-03-18.jpg

Hajime Tabata, who directed Final Fantasy XV and left his position as studio head of Square Enix’s Luminous Production on October 31, has announced the establishment of a new company called JP Games. 

“I started up my own company called JP Games, Inc.,” Tabata said in a Facebook post. “Right now, we are preparing for a target January 2019 launch. And to everyone who has assisted me until today–I kindly ask for your ongoing support.”

Following this news, it has been revealed that Final Fantasy XV’s lead programmer, Takeshi Aramaki, has been designated the new studio head for Luminous Productions. 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

I am really pissed off with Square Enix! This is my favourite new-gen game, I've played about 300 hours on it (which is a lot for me for a new-gen game) and I was actively trying to 100% it, achievements as well.

I found out that they released a statement a little over a week ago that they're discontinuing Multi-player Comrades to make it a standalone game. This, I don't mind, because I get it for free. My problem, my big fucking problem, is that they're locking the achievements so whatever you don't get, you can't get forever. They're not crossing the achievements over or making them unlockable or even unlocking them automatically considering, y'know, this isn't even my fucking fault!

So out of the ten achievements, I've managed to get 5. One would have been nigh on impossible to get due to bad timing (get 999,999KW) and the other is apparently random (have Kenny Crow cook for you). But the others weren't too hard but I couldn't play it in time. It just pisses me off!

UGH! It's lucky I love Kingdom Hearts so much! lmao

Sent by the sexiest animal alive using a HTC One M8 with a broken screen protector

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Decided to finally go back to FFXV after I stalled out at launch. Bought the Windows Edition this time so I can get the better graphics, all the dlc additions and also access to the mod support.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

You dumped Dragon Quest XI for this!? :shakehead

Just like so many other games lately I started playing Dragon Quest and then never went back to it.

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Just like so many other games lately I started playing Dragon Quest and then never went back to it.

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

Hopefully I will eventually. I just need to get something to get me interested again.

This game was a huge disappointment for me. The story was a confusing mess and the side missions were full of pointless fetch quests. The more I think about it the more I think that I wasted so much time playing it in the first place.