NEurope
Mokong

Official E3 Nintendo Direct Discussion - 11th June @ 3pm

b30tVfM.jpg

I absolutely love Iwata, he's such a character. But I wonder if he ever goes home at night, looks in the mirror, and thinks "what the fuck have I been up to today?"

Most of the pictures I've seen of Iwata during this year's E3 shows a man with dead eyes.

I'd say he's under a lot of stress.

I absolutely love Iwata, he's such a character. But I wonder if he ever goes home at night, looks in the mirror, and thinks "what the fuck have I been up to today?"

If that's what iwatas thinking based on that picture. What the fuck must miamoto think?

If that's what iwatas thinking based on that picture. What the fuck must miamoto think?

He probably believes full well he is about to be blasted out of a cannon barrel and into tropical freeze. Mad as a lorry that man!

Iwata Claims More Unannounced Third Party Games Will Come

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has attempted to calm investors by informing them that more third party games should be on their way. Iwata says that it’s Nintendo’s job to revitalise interest in the console which will then drive sales. He says that more unannounced third party games will come once they renew interest in the platform with a strong first party lineup.

third-party_games_nintendo_3ds_wii_u.jpg

“When it comes to third-party software, this slide shows a list of games that have already been announced. It is not my position to mention which titles each third-party developer will release in the future. However, more unannounced titles will come. We hope to revitalize the platform with our strong first-party lineup, and then an enriched third-party software lineup will follow.”

These are the 3rd party games featured in the E3 Nintendo Direct:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Batman: Arkham Origins

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut

Disney Infinity

Just Dance 2014

Rayman Legends

Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure

Disney's Planes

Skylanders SWAP Force

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Sonic Lost World

Watch Dogs

This is embarrassing. The E3 Nintendo Direct had 2 minutes 20 seconds dedicated to 3rd party titles. Half 3DS, half Wii U. Nintendo have more Wii U games in development than are coming from 3rd parties. So there was 12 games shown, nothing new announced and only Sonic Lost World is an exclusive. 4 of the games are shovel. Is nobody else worried or pissed off about this? Iwata is singing a different tune now to the one he promised us before the Wii U launched.

These are the 3rd party games featured in the E3 Nintendo Direct:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Batman: Arkham Origins

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut

Disney Infinity

Just Dance 2014

Rayman Legends

Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure

Disney's Planes

Skylanders SWAP Force

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Sonic Lost World

Watch Dogs

This is embarrassing. The E3 Nintendo Direct had 2 minutes 20 seconds dedicated to 3rd party titles. Half 3DS, half Wii U. Nintendo have more Wii U games in development than are coming from 3rd parties. So there was 12 games shown, nothing new announced and only Sonic Lost World is an exclusive. 4 of the games are shovel. Is nobody else worried or pissed off about this? Iwata is singing a different tune now to the one he promised us before the Wii U launched.

Well prior to launch there probably was more support promised but things get cancelled when sales are poor.

I know a lot of you are happy about the conference but I think I can put my disappointment down to franchise fatigue. I don't want my gaming for the Wii U to be rehashes of gameplay from the GameCube era and as quirky as W101 seems, I don't want to drop £40 on it. Nothing i've seen or heard makes me think that any of the staples are going to be different enough for me to warrant buying those.

I don't feel like Nintendo are anything but miles behind in terms of services either which is what makes me look elsewhere. They have so much to catch up on and at the moment they are moving at a snail's pace.

I know a lot of you are happy about the conference but I think I can put my disappointment down to franchise fatigue. I don't want my gaming for the Wii U to be rehashes of gameplay from the GameCube era and as quirky as W101 seems, I don't want to drop £40 on it. Nothing i've seen or heard makes me think that any of the staples are going to be different enough for me to warrant buying those.

I don't feel like Nintendo are anything but miles behind in terms of services either which is what makes me look elsewhere. They have so much to catch up on and at the moment they are moving at a snail's pace.

Luckily it's £32 over on Shopto. :D

Any word if that rumour about Nintendo showing/announcing something today is true then?

So NINTENDO's buzzword @ E3 2013 = culmination

Pokémon X&Y, Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 where all presented as being the culmination of their respective series.

Reggie looks freaky in this picture.

6583_470742379676887_742649517_n.jpg

Tie over a tie?!

1002969_470742383010220_1968381930_n.jpg

This guy's a natural!

1003967_470742376343554_1148589637_n.jpg

Whilst the third party offerings aren't massive, I'm definitely getting Deus Ex, Batman Arkham Origins, Watchdogs and Splinter Cell. I may also get Sonic and Assassins Creed.

I know more would be better, but on top of what is already out that I don't own and Nintendo's up coming first party titles - I will have plenty to keep me busy this year:

Titles out that I need:

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge

Assassins Creed 3

Lego City

Titles from third parties out this year I will get:

Deus Ex

Batman Arkham Origins

Watchdogs

Splinter Cell

COD: Ghosts

Titles from Nintendo:

Super Luigi U

Pikmin 3

Zelda: WW HD

Super Mario 3D World

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

That's 13 games I want (at least) before the year is out. That is a lot of titles, I probably won't get them all. As most consoles over a lifespan average a tie ratio of around 10 games at best, Nintendo already have plenty coming out.

They just need to market the damn thing and get the price competitive so it sells!

Before anyone jumps in to bash what I have said, the highest console tie ratio was the XBOX which had around 11 games sold per console. That means the average consumer over the life of the console will buy (at most) eleven games depending on the system we are discussing. No wonder third parties never flock to the Nintendo consoles. Out of the 10 or so games per Sony or MS system there's a much greater chance that they are going to be third party titles than if it were a Nintendo console.

As of March last year 595 million pieces of software had been sold for the PS3, that's 8.5 games per system. The Wii has sold 870 million units of software, that's 8.7 games per system. Now if you look at the best selling PS3 software, it's much more likely that non-Sony software will be part of the average 8.5 games. Look at the best selling Wii games and you will see it's much more likely that Nintendo software will be part of that 8.7 games.

It's always been that third parties don't favour Nintendo systems - mainly because the competition from their own output is too fierce. This is obviously made worse when the system sales aren't brilliant!

Has anybody read anything from anyone, anywhere asking someone from NINTENDO @ E3 about F-Zero?

If not, then it is time for us to unite!

No wonder third parties never flock to the Nintendo consoles. Out of the 10 or so games per Sony or MS system there's a much greater chance that they are going to be third party titles than if it were a Nintendo console.

THIS!

QFT, Zechs :bowdown:

Just as a small addition to my lengthy post earlier on, when looking at the top 10 selling titles on each system for the last gen it tells an interesting story.

If you look at the top ten selling Wii games - only one of them was a third party title. For the XBOX 360 six were third party titles. Finally for the PS3 a massive nine were third party titles.

MS and Sony first party titles really don't have the traction (Halo excluded) to sell systems like Nintendo ones do. The sales figures paint a clear picture - Sony and MS need the third parties far more and third party games flourish on their systems due to less first party competition. It has always been that way! Back in the PS2 era Sony only had six first party games in the top 50 selling games on their own platform!

That is pretty interesting.

It would be nice if Nintendo had all of the third party titles too though.

Although saying that, with this amount of first party titles (all of which I wish to purchase), I haven't got time for yet another shooter! :D

Just as a small addition to my lengthy post earlier on, when looking at the top 10 selling titles on each system for the last gen it tells an interesting story.

If you look at the top ten selling Wii games - only one of them was a third party title. For the XBOX 360 six were third party titles. Finally for the PS3 a massive nine were third party titles.

MS and Sony first party titles really don't have the traction (Halo excluded) to sell systems like Nintendo ones do. The sales figures paint a clear picture - Sony and MS need the third parties far more and third party games flourish on their systems due to less first party competition. It has always been that way! Back in the PS2 era Sony only had six first party games in the top 50 selling games on their own platform!

But that's only because nobody released good games on the Wii :p

what's interesting is if Wii U has COD Ghosts, which is a system seller, and is over £100 cheaper than PS4 or Xbox1 how many people may buy a Wii U this Christmas.

But that's only because nobody released good games on the Wii :p

At last you told a funny. :D

what's interesting is if Wii U has COD Ghosts, which is a system seller, and is over £100 cheaper than PS4 or Xbox1 how many people may buy a Wii U this Christmas.

As it stands now the PS4 is only $50 more than the Wii U. We don't know what version of Ghosts it will be. Will it be a next gen port or a current gen port? Will it have all the features? Will it have DLC? Let's not forget, that to say Blops 2 sold poorly would be an understatement. I don't believe anybody will buy a Wii U solely on account of Ghosts.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

CoD Ghosts will not sell the WiiU for the simple fact that's its out on the 360 & PS3 too. That's where it'll sell.

Has Ghosts been confirmed on WiiU?

Kinda. There has been some vague comment from Activision, but that's it. I hope it does arrive on the Wii U though. I enjoyed playing Black Ops II with you guys.

A big reason why CoD sells year after year is because of the community aspect of it. Most people buy it to play with their friends and I think, as always, the 360 version will be the biggest seller again this year.

There should be another Nintendo Direct for E3 soon becuse we not had a lot of 3DS games and the E3 Nintendo Direct they did was a Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct

Canand, can I just make this clear to you as you seem a bit confused. The Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct was the E3 Nintendo Direct. There isn't going to be another E3 Nintendo Direct.

It was called a Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct because it was broadcast before the E3 Expo opened.

They have previously announced the 3DS lineup for the rest of the year in previous Directs, the focus of the E3 Nintendo Direct was to push the Wii U.