NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Platty

No more Wheat Crunchies or Nik Naks ?

That's right, ive just read on BBC news that Golden Wonder has gone into Administration...this could be the end of some of my favourite crisps (potato chips for you yanks)

how will i live without Wheat Crunchies?? and what about my favourite scampi and lemon Nik Naks?? Walkers will probably buy them and make them taste different [darth]Noooooooo![/darth] :angry:

Linky for the story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4595678.stm

Yeah im definitely gonna stock up on Wheat crunchies... I used to also love those "Golden skins" they did... hmmm i wonder where i can find them? Tomorrow the hunt shall begin.

Also did you know Golden Wonder were apparently the first brand to introduce cheese and onion flavoured crisps in 1962.

Wheat Crunchies!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I used to also love those "Golden skins" they did... hmmm i wonder where i can find them?

I love them Skins too, the fully loaded cheese flavour are the best cheese flavour crisps known to man.

I'll be stocking up on those too.

I love them Skins too, the fully loaded cheese flavour are the best cheese flavour crisps known to man.

I'll be stocking up on those too.

Rokhed we must have a Beer and Crisp dinner party sometime soon.

with all these people stocking up...

but yeah, I had the exact same thought. wheat crunchies are great, what are these skins I hear about?

Well I can't say I've ever really been mad on Golden Wonder crisps. Nik-Naks are just wrong. :nono:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NIK-NAK-CRISPS_W0QQitemZ5653342570QQcategoryZ88433QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't think this guy realises that they're not out of stock yet. But i'm thinkin' eBay is the way of the future when it comes to buying everybody's favourite potato-based snack.

Although I wouldn't ever, ever buy off someone who describes Nik-Naks as "they are very nice to eat and popular with younger children".

Although I no longer eat crisps, Wheat Crunchies were always my favourite. Mmm the spicy tomato flavour...worchester sauce....*sob*

Rokhed we must have a Beer and Crisp dinner party sometime soon.

You're on, I'll bring the crisps and you get the beers in.

No way! those rib 'n' saucy NikNaks are my favourite crisps. I'll have to savour these last 2 packets

Also did you know Golden Wonder were apparently the first brand to introduce cheese and onion flavoured crisps in 1962.

Thats the biggest load of crap I have ever heard :heh:

At that time, most crisps were imported from the U.K. and were unflavoured, and lightly salted. Joe felt that there was a market for flavoured crisps and having identified this niche in the market, he decided to set up a crisp factory himself. This led to the development of the first ever Cheese & Onion flavoured crisps and the brand name, that has now become synonymous with crisps, TAYTO.

Production of the Cheese & Onion crisp started in a small factory on O'Rahilly's Parade off Moore St., Dublin where the crisps were manufactured by hand using two sets of deep fat fryers! The business stayed in O'Rahilly's Parade until 1956 when the operation was moved to a factory at Rathmines.

Once again Irish for the win :hehe:

source

i saw this in the paper and was gutted,

nik naks, every flavour is nice...

nice n spicy, rib n saucy, scampi n lemon , AHHHH so gud

Good, I don't like Golden Wonder crisps, third rate rubbish.

Walkers ftw!

I <3 Discos!

Pickled Onion Discos > j00

You're on, I'll bring the crisps and you get the beers in.

I'll hold you to that :)

oh and Soag i was only reading what the golden wonder website says...

1962 The first ever flavoured crisp – cheese & onion – was launched

Source: http://www.goldenwonder.com/about/history.asp

In other news i went to Morrisons today and the only Golden Wonder crisps they stock are wheat crunchies multipack of 10.....and it was buy one get one free so i got some :laughing:

I love Nik Naks of all flavours, and all of Wheat Crunchies too..

I can't see Golden Wonder not being bought/saved, but I'll make sure I buy any of their lovely crisps whenever I can..

oh and Soag i was only reading what the golden wonder website says...

Source: http://www.goldenwonder.com/about/history.asp

Fair enougth :heh: just remember us irish beat you to it, like we do everything, you havnt even discovered potato bread yet which is the food of kings :D.

Anyways back on topic goldenwonder was quite nice, i blame walkers and their monopoly on the crisp market.

I love purple nik naks and wheat crunchies. I haven't had any in ages, better get some tomorrow.

I'll miss them Golden Skins. I was never a big fan of Wheat Crunchies though. As for Nik Naks, I'll miss them too :(

Oh well, just as long as they never take away my Wotsits and my Quavers :D

Went out and bought a bag of 15 of each to stash away.

The shop I got them from still has plenty, so I'll be going back a few times over the next week or so and getting a couple more loads at least.

That should last me for a while.

Sign in to follow this