NEurope
Jonnas

Gentlemen's Mafia III - The Court of Miracles

Also, I say he didn't notice Jimbob because a voice told me that I did well but it's curious that Flink didn't notice Jimbob. Nothing more was said. As I said though, I want nobody to act on this as I believe Jimbob has told the truth and I could have been targeted myself by the mafia to have had something whispered to me to make me suspicious.

I don't get this. What do you mean "I didn't notice Jimbob"?

I don't know. That's all I know. It said that a voice whispered that I did well by myself but it's curious that Jimbob was the only player you didn't notice. That is literally it.

I agree but what if some of the powers were fashioned because of the game's twist? What if the good guys actually have powers that could look suspicious because, I have to be honest, I can see why people would think Flink was mafia. I, myself, haven't heard of a system quite like that and it could be fatal if one more vote were needed to kick someone out of the game. It's a lethal power in itself but I'm pretty confident Flink is town. My power doesn't seem mafia-ish but maybe Jonnas threw in a few that do to make the game interesting. What about your power? Could it possibly damage either way?

I maintain that we have to distinguish between appearance and function here: In effect Flink's power isn't beneficial specifically to the mafia since either side benefits from having an extra vote. The only point on which I worry a bit is that being able to split the votes between two people (as opposed to having one double vote) seems a bit more beneficial to the mafia than the town, though it's not enough for me to base a case against Flink on.

My power is generally town, but can mess up townie strategies as well.

I actually heard someone talk to me on the first night. They didn't really say anything interesting, but it was still quite weird. Not sure if they targeted me or the person I was targeting though, it was quite confusing.

What did it say?

I maintain that we have to distinguish between appearance and function here: In effect Flink's power isn't beneficial specifically to the mafia since either side benefits from having an extra vote. The only point on which I worry a bit is that being able to split the votes between two people (as opposed to having one double vote) seems a bit more beneficial to the mafia than the town, though it's not enough for me to base a case against Flink on.

My power is generally town, but can mess up townie strategies as well.

What did it say?

This is what I mean. It SOUNDS Mafia but I'm pretty sure Flink is town.

I don't know. That's all I know. It said that a voice whispered that I did well by myself but it's curious that Jimbob was the only player you didn't notice. That is literally it.

The only player I didn't notice. You mean out of the three that targeted me that night?

Which would mean that Jimbob would have to be the roleblocker?

What did it say?

Just that I wouldn't gain/learn anything from targeting that player, which was true. And then the character quickly left again.

The only player I didn't notice. You mean out of the three that targeted me that night?

Which would mean that Jimbob would have to be the roleblocker?

But was it you who said that the swordsman who fought you was the roleblocker? Unless we have two? Is that possible?

But was it you who said that the swordsman who fought you was the roleblocker? Unless we have two? Is that possible?

Right, unless we are getting our wires crossed, something doesn't make sense.

I was visited by three people.

The first one spilled something into my eyes, rendering me blind temporarily. I was roleblocked and couldn't then target Diageo.

The second person helped me in a way I don't want to say yet because it would reveal their power. I assume this is you.

The third person asked me to see my papers. I take it this was somebody who could clear my identity.

Now, who the fuck is who? Because if I didn't notice Jimbob, then either he is number 1, or you are telling porkies.

Where is your sense of game?

Should every word be spoke so plain?

Though English may not be your native tongue,

won't you please let me have my fun

For I am but one of Fagins sons,

Soon as walk the theft begun,

Despite my skills there was none to take,

A wasted night spent about the Sheikh

So Fagin was obviously a thief, so I take it you're the thief. You tried to steal from me but I had nothing to take. We got there in the end.

Right, unless we are getting our wires crossed, something doesn't make sense.

I was visited by three people.

The first one spilled something into my eyes, rendering me blind temporarily. I was roleblocked and couldn't then target Diageo.

The second person helped me in a way I don't want to say yet because it would reveal their power. I assume this is you.

The third person asked me to see my papers. I take it this was somebody who could clear my identity.

Now, who the fuck is who? Because if I didn't notice Jimbob, then either he is number 1, or you are telling porkies.

You only saw 3? I saw 4! @Jimbob must be the guy you missed which would explain that voice. Jimbob, explanation? What EXACTLY is your power?

You only saw 3? I saw 4! @Jimbob must be the guy you missed which would explain that voice. Jimbob, explanation? What EXACTLY is your power?

...what the fuck?

I mentioned in my first post for this day that I only saw three. So now there's four?

Go through exactly what you saw, use bullet points to make it easier. Person 1, person 2, etc.

So Fagin was obviously a thief, so I take it you're the thief. You tried to steal from me but I had nothing to take. We got there in the end.

I'm fairly sure this was said well ages ago! As for the rest of the current discussion, I'm too lost to partake so...I shan't!

This is what I mean. It SOUNDS Mafia but I'm pretty sure Flink is town.

Ah, fair enough. As I said, it's very inconclusive; a split vote might also be beneficial for the town, and most powers can be used for good and evil.

I'm fairly sure this was said well ages ago! As for the rest of the current discussion, I'm too lost to partake so...I shan't!

Wait, you understood that, but can't keep up with this? :heh:

I mean, I worked this out ages ago

His wording was pretty ambiguous (I wasn't the only one who thought this), and he never originally confirmed when you said he was the thief. Good to confirm it.

See above.

...what the fuck?

I mentioned in my first post for this day that I only saw three. So now there's four?

Go through exactly what you saw, use bullet points to make it easier. Person 1, person 2, etc.

I must have either missed it or mis-read it and for that, I apologise. It must have been when I replied on the Playstation 3 because I was too lazy to boot the computer up (my last reply to you was on the Xbox 360 about fifteen minutes ago, haha).

Okay, bulletpoints ahoy! In bulletpoints, this is more or less what my PM said.

• I had a busy night
  • After targeting you (as in Flink), I saw FOUR other people besides myself target you
  • After finding this out, a voice came from behind me and complimented me, saying I did well by myself
  • The voice also said that it was curious how the only player you (as in Flink) didn't notice was Jimbob.
  • After stating this, the person who owns the mysterious voice vanished fast.

This is literally all I know and all I can say without giving so much away but you more or less know my PM and through this, you should know who I am in your PM. Please do not tell people my power yet!

I must have either missed it or mis-read it and for that, I apologise. It must have been when I replied on the Playstation 3 because I was too lazy to boot the computer up (my last reply to you was on the Xbox 360 about fifteen minutes ago, haha).

Okay, bulletpoints ahoy! In bulletpoints, this is more or less what my PM said.

• I had a busy night
  • After targeting you (as in Flink), I saw FOUR other people besides myself target you
  • After finding this out, a voice came from behind me and complimented me, saying I did well by myself
  • The voice also said that it was curious how the only player you (as in Flink) didn't notice was Jimbob.
  • After stating this, the person who owns the mysterious voice vanished fast.

This is literally all I know and all I can say without giving so much away but you more or less know my PM and through this, you should know who I am in your PM. Please do not tell people my power yet!

That's FIVE people now, not four, not three. 4 other people beside you is 5.

I have no fucking idea what's going on now. My PM mentioned three.

We need to find out who's done what that night, even if it possibly means giving information away because it means we can narrow the pool down.

That's FIVE people now, not four, not three. 4 other people beside you is 5.

I have no fucking idea what's going on now. My PM mentioned three.

We need to find out who's done what that night, even if it possibly means giving information away because it means we can narrow the pool down.

I think I'm mentioned in your PM. So in that case, you've missed two...WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

This shit is boggling me now. Okay, I'm just going to outright say who I found it was so we can narrow this shit down.

I was told it was @DuD, @Zell, @Jimbob and @Sheikah

I think I'm mentioned in your PM. So in that case, you've missed two...WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

This shit is boggling me now. Okay, I'm just going to outright say who I found it was so we can narrow this shit down.

I was told it was @DuD, @Zell, @Jimbob and @Sheikah

I'll give these guys a chance to say what they did/found out before I ask any more.

But seriously, I'm not sure how you could have missed this, Animal...

I'll give these guys a chance to say what they did/found out before I ask any more.

But seriously, I'm not sure how you could have missed this, Animal...

It's bloody confusing as hell and I'm hurting because of work and my workouts! haha.

I actually didn't think to count myself in the process, lmao. I asked Jimbob what he was doing to see whether he'd tell me before I revealed and he told me he targeted you, which was the truth. Also, I didn't want to tell all the way I did because I wanted to see whether their replies differed from my PM but I guess we may never find out since the mafia might agree and say they did target you...

Still, Jimbob's power is unknown more or less. I just REALLY want to hear from @DuD, @Zell and @Sheikah...

I'm off to rockness today, so this may be my last post for a bit.

This may be a poor Link, but I hope the merchants there have some decent stuff to sell, if you know what I mean.

I can't believe I didn't see this post earlier or noticed what the hell you were on about. Haha.

Ok, I'm fine with you.

So, that's one down. Which means you correspond with one of the people who I DEFINITELY know visited me. One of the others was a role blocker and I assume the final one that I know of is somebody who can check my identity. The other 2 (according to Animal, I do not know)

Did we uncover anything out about the killer, yet this day?

Or having we been merely spinning the wheel for shitsth and gigglesth?

I did target Flink last night based on what I thought about him at the time. I'm not revealing my role yet, it won't do any good.

I can't believe I didn't see this post earlier or noticed what the hell you were on about. Haha.

Ok, I'm fine with you.

So, that's one down. Which means you correspond with one of the people who I DEFINITELY know visited me. One of the others was a role blocker and I assume the final one that I know of is somebody who can check my identity. The other 2 (according to Animal, I do not know)

Oh my God, I get it now! I usually notice these things! So wait, does this mean he can vouch that one of the people who targeted you is telling the truth?

Well, you can knock the other one down since I openly admitted targeting you and told you my results so that's me and DuD sorted.

I did target Flink last night based on what I thought about him at the time. I'm not revealing my role yet, it won't do any good.

Okay, I have an idea as to who you could be based on Flink's post about what happened. Who do you suspect and who do you trust, Sheikah?

So Sheikah, DuD and myself have given information. Now all we need to hear from is @Zell and we need more information from @Jimbob...

The 2 people I trust at the moment are Flink and yourself. I would extend some of that trust to Eenuh based on my earlier thoughts about Jonnas's game design (it being difficult to place cohabiting players on opposite sides) but some people aren't hot on that idea.

As for who I don't trust, it's the people who are quiet. Which includes ReZ, Sprout, Tales and Dedede. I'd bet my life some of the Mafia are in that. So often people's activity drops when they are Mafia. Either that or they just waffle on a lot.