N-Europe

Monster Hunter 4/Ace Attorney 5 Nintendo Direct

Hero-of-Time

We'll probably get a JPN release date for MH4.

Dare I also hope for a western announcement for MH4 here?

I wonder if this will be labelled as a "Capcom Direct", much like how the last one was a "SEGA Direct". If so, could we be in for some surprise announcements?

Edited by Dcubed

Starts at 8pm here, which will be 12pm UK time and 1pm for European time.

Unfortunately, I'll be out at the time getting absolutely smashed at all you can drink so that's another live translation I'll be missing out on. Needless to say, there'll be much hype considering this is definitely going to contain release dates!

Why not call it Capcom Direct?

12pm on Friday.... mental note taken :D

As this is Japan only do you think it'll at least have English sub titles?

Hope they announce they decided to do a Wii U version of MH4 too... but if they do that they'll prolly leave it for the Western annnouncements I guess. I'd just prefer to have it on console rather than handheld

Just over 4 hours to go until the Capcom Direct, English subtitles are very doubtful but I'm pretty sure you guys of all people will most likely enjoy it regardless! Official site here.

Useful things to look out for:

発売 or 発売日 (Hatsubai or Hatsubaibi): Release/Release Date

月: Month (XX月)

日: Day (XX日)

すれちがい: Street Pass

And in the worst case scenario of a delay for Monster Hunter:

秋: Autumn/Fall

It is supposed to be out this summer (夏)

Have fun guys!

So this is on at 12PM our time then? How long is it going to be? I'm toying with the idea of watching it before I have to go to work, if it's only half an hour.

--------------------------------------------------------

No one else saw it then? Ok well here's a summary...

*Ace Attorney 5 looks awesome if you're into it as a series, so no worries there.

*Monster Hunter 4 looks amazing!

*Tons of new Monsters

*New weapons/moves

*Hub area looks different, Desert Island type place

*No Wii U version announced, maybe at E3? or later on...

*Monster Hunter Online Community thing?

*JP release date, 14/09/13 (so Europe will get it in about a year, maybe)

Either way, MH4 is shaping up nicely, day 1 purchase for me even if it's just on 3DS. :D

Edited by S.C.G

Nothing really revelatory but it's nice to finally have a solid release date for MH4 :)

New trailer looks amazing too. My only real disappointment with the game so far is the lack of live orchestrated music like what Tri had.

Nuts, I had to go out and didn't get back in time for this :(

Was there any mention of voice chat in the online mode?

Didn't think they would announce a Wii U version... have a feeling if that does happen like with 3 Ultimate it'll be done when the Western versions get announced as a home console version would appeal more to the western audience than it would the Japanese.

That was a sweet nostalgia trip! Seeing all of those beasts from the original game really took me back. It was hilarious seeing the cats attack Kut-kus face. :D

I'm not happy with the end of that trailer though. It seems that Kushala is back. :nono: That thing was a MASSIVE pain to fight on the PSP games and I don't welcome his return, if it is indeed him flying towards the hunter at the end.

Is the monster on the box art a new monster or a returning beast from one of the pre-Tri games?

Also any confirmation on the exact number of weapon types and what they are?

I thought I saw a Switch Axe in the trailer but it may have also been the new Axe weapon, Charge Axe I've read about