NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Direct (16 May, 3pm)

The Megaton was Sonic. Didn't expect an exclusive deal either, but this is good news for Nintendo & especially the Wii U.

I would like to see what other games are born from this new partnership (for the Sonic the Hedgehog series) with SEGA.

Edited by -Dem0-

That's it? Sorry but that was $H!T. I had low expectations but that was even lower than I could've imagined.

Gorgeous box art, I imagine it/the DLC will be about £20

Yakuza 1 & 2 HD is being shown on the Japanese stream. Haha. SEGA Direct.

Yakuza for Wii U? THAT would actually be a pleasing announcement!

Well that was brief and fairly pointless. At least we know why Pikmin 3 was delayed so much..

Pointless? We got an exclusive Sonic announcement with a showing of a new partnership between Nintendo and Sega, a new Mario & Sonic game and dates of some highly anticipated games and content.

How, pray tell, is it pointless?

This still going? Can't get the videos to work...

European version finished. Japanese stream is mostly titles that have already been out here now.

I was gonna download New Super Luigi U but I'm not sure if I can deprive myself of that delicious box..

Oh, Sonic Lost World is going to be released on the Wii U & 3DS. I missed that part earlier.

Wonderful 101 looks excellent. How long are Nintendo Directs usually? That was the first one I ever watched.

I love how you always word your posts like a pantomime villain.

I was gonna download New Super Luigi U but I'm not sure if I can deprive myself of that delicious box..

Got to wait over a month though...

This Nintendo Direct was get the little bombs out of the way before the big bombs start dropping in the next few weeks.

Looks like we get Wonderful 101 before the US (their release date is September 15th).

Wonderful 101 looks excellent. How long are Nintendo Directs usually? That was the first one I ever watched.

I love how you always word your posts like a pantomime villain.

Typically they're from 20 minutes to an hour

Pricing wise: New Super Luigi U in Japan is 2000 Yen download, but 3200 Yen retail. Think it'll be £15 to download here

How long are Nintendo Directs usually? That was the first one I ever watched.

Normally 30mins but the major directs are 30/45mins +

Do we have any further details on what this Sega Nintendo partnership involves? Is it just Sonic, all future titles, a buy out?

Decent direct, no real surprises though. The Sonic announcement is nice (super ironic too if you grew up during the Nintendo/SEGA console wars era) but I can't help but feel (HOPE) Nintendo are keeping some big secrets for E3.

This is the truth. That box makes the game look incredibly fun.

Now they're partnered with SEGA, maybe Nintendo should fund the new Shenmue and basically capture the hearts and DOLLARS of the entire gaming community.

Edited by Guy

Man, we moan about lack of third party support, Iwata announces Sonic Lost World as Wii U and 3DS launch exclusive, potentially the start of something tasty, and it's deemed pointless and disappointing? No pleasing some! :)

Saying that was waiting to hear him utter the words "An unprecedented partnership with SEGA" before winking at the camera...

Pointless? We got an exclusive Sonic announcement with a showing of a new partnership between Nintendo and Sega, a new Mario & Sonic game and dates of some highly anticipated games and content.

When was the last time there was a decent standalone Sonic game? Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast?

The Mario & Sonic games just don't appeal to me either, novelty party game should have died with the Wii.

Apart from the Sega announcement, which you can guess from my previous two comments means little to me. This Direct was simply to state the release dates of titles Nintendo said would be released months ago. Nintendo needs to have a good show for E3, they're losing support.

Man, we moan about lack of third party support, Iwata announces Sonic Lost World as Wii U and 3DS launch exclusive, potentially the start of something tasty, and it's deemed pointless and disappointing? No pleasing some! :)

Saying that was waiting to hear him utter the words "An unprecedented partnership with SEGA" before winking at the camera...

Well they did say about a new partnership between the two...the Japanese one started out as a Sega Direct :p

When was the last time there was a decent standalone Sonic game? Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast?

The Mario & Sonic games just don't appeal to me either, novelty party game should have died with the Wii.

Apart from the Sega announcement, which you can guess from my previous two comments means little to me. This Direct was simply to state the release dates of titles Nintendo said would be released months ago. Nintendo needs to have a good show for E3, they're losing support.

If only there was a special E3 Direct to go with what they're showing at E3, showcasing loads of new titles for their consoles announced at the same time as this one, which was specifically state to only be Spring/Summer titles...

...oh wait

Do we have any further details on what this Sega Nintendo partnership involves? Is it just Sonic, all future titles, a buy out?

The next game in SEGA’s Sonic the Hedgehog series will be exclusive to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, with Nintendo President Satoru Iwata announcing details of a worldwide partnership with SEGA during a new Nintendo Direct video announcement today. Sonic Lost World is a new action-adventure platforming game, and more information about it will be announced before the E3 2013 video game trade show begins on 11th June.

“We're delighted to be forming this new partnership with SEGA, and bringing new games in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise to Nintendo systems,” said Laurent Fischer, Managing Director of European Marketing and PR at Nintendo of Europe. “We hope fans are as excited as we are when more details will be shown closer to E3."

So...not particularly.

Sonic Colours/Generations.

Sonic Colours/Generations.

Home Console Generations was amazing

If only there was a special E3 Direct to go with what they're showing at E3, showcasing loads of new titles for their consoles announced at the same time as this one, which was specifically state to only be Spring/Summer titles...

...oh wait

When someone disagrees with you do you even read their post before you get all uptight and defensive?

Allow me to highlight the part you may need to read again:

Nintendo needs to have a good show for E3, they're losing support.

Think about what I said, now think about what you posted.

No, you're right, I totally didn't know Nintendo had Directs planned for E3....

...You really have been out of the loop regarding Sonic games, haven't you? :heh: The last two (Colours and Generations) were regarded as great.