NEurope
mcj metroid

hair loss thread

I think I should be fine. My Dad isn't bald, neither was my Grandad (who was about 82 when he died, and still had a full head of hair). Nor have any men on my mum's side. I should keep my colour for a while as well. My dad has only a few grey hairs on the side of his head at 50. My mum has hardly any at 48. My Grandad on my mum's side still had a lot of his natural colour when he died in his 60s.

Although we do have very high hairlines anyway, which is a bit shit.

I'm not likely to go bald but I am going grey.... is there any way to stop that... luckily it not too noticable unless you are next to me but I figure it will be soon... Just For Men I guess will find a new customer :(

See thing with me as well is there's a mix of a few things it could be.

It's not that it's going VERY bald but it didn't have the power it once had. It might just say it to the doctor anyway. My hairdressed told me it could be caused by stress, I had just got out of a very stressful job position.

Anyone know if there is any truth to this. it's no secret i'm happier these days. it's no like it's stopped growing. It's just ..'weaker' than it used to be.

I'm a hairdresser, and people ask me about this all the time. When they do, I always remind them of how awesome this man looks.

Pep%20Guardiola%20topic%20pic-808682.jpg

I like his work, but why would I want to look like Stanley Tucci?

There's a good reason to look like Stanley Tucci, then. To attract Aneres.

I'm really worried about losing my hair, right now I have a full head of hair but quite a high hair line and my dad's hair is really thin these days although my mum's dad and brothers have full heads of hair so it might not be too bad for me especially since everyone says I look a lot like my mom. As for grey hair I can't wait to get it lol right now I have black hair but I think grey hair would be awesome, I could look like this:

gray_hairs_man_style_tips.jpg

See thing with me as well is there's a mix of a few things it could be.

It's not that it's going VERY bald but it didn't have the power it once had. It might just say it to the doctor anyway. My hairdressed told me it could be caused by stress, I had just got out of a very stressful job position.

Anyone know if there is any truth to this. it's no secret i'm happier these days. it's no like it's stopped growing. It's just ..'weaker' than it used to be.

I might be mistaken, but I believe thinning and balding are both part of the same sort of process; so it's probably still the same solutions. If it's more thinning then *possibly* medication could be a potential solution; have you mentioned it to your doctor yet?

I might be mistaken, but I believe thinning and balding are both part of the same sort of process; so it's probably still the same solutions. If it's more thinning then *possibly* medication could be a potential solution; have you mentioned it to your doctor yet?

No I will be sure to the next time. It's not all bad like I don't want to seem like I'm whining. I'll deal the hand I'm dealt like haha

No I will be sure to the next time. It's not all bad like I don't want to seem like I'm whining. I'll deal the hand I'm dealt like haha

Of course, probably best to try and catch it sooner rather than later though. At least you'll know whether it's a solution that works or not.

I have one lock of hair longer than others and that annoys me. Losing hair must be dreadful, and I agree with shorty here -- if it's not happening to you then you can't understand. I think the worst thing would be the sudden decrease of options. Currently I'm lucky to have hair that behaves so that I essentially never have to even think about it, so I can worry about beard/fat/ugly/other stuff.

My Dad and Granddad both have bald spots at the crown of their heads. It'll probably happen eventually, but I've had almost the opposite problem. I've got proper dark, thick, Paki hair. It needs to be cut every 4 weeks, otherwise I'll look like the missing Gallagher brother. Can be a pain in the arse to maintain and it means you can get hotter in the summer if you haven't had a cut.

I've been bald once, as I decided to shave off the lot when I was around 13. The shape of my head doesn't lend itself well to baldness. In short, I'm screwed when it eventually happens. Hair transplant?

Stress will definitely alter your hair, @mcj metroid. My youngest brother has many grey hairs at the age of 23 and he suffers from anxiety and stress. It won't help at all. Also, I'd imagine your diet would have something to do with it, too?

My Dad and Granddad both have bald spots at the crown of their heads.

Same thing for me, I think my dad started getting it around age 30 something so i'm good for about 8 or so years i think.

Actually, it's not. :D But, I love that gif.

Pretty sure Paki was ruled to be a racist term, rather than just a shortened form of Pakistani. There was a discussion about it on here some time ago.

Or were you playing the "it's OK 'cos it's about me" card?

Losing hair is something not on my list of priorities. But I can fully understand why it might be upsetting or worrying!

I do find that if I do start to lose hair, I'm buzzing it, it'd give me the perfect excuse to have really short hair! ^_^.

Pretty sure Paki was ruled to be a racist term, rather than just a shortened form of Pakistani. There was a discussion about it on here some time ago.

Or were you playing the "it's OK 'cos it's about me" card?

I've always used it as a way of shortening Pakistani, as have the majority of Pakistanis that I know who have used it. Of course, I've also heard it used in conjunction with swear words, which alters the meaning of it. In itself, it's not "racist" in the sense that I'm not using it to say that Pakistanis are better or worse than others. (which is what racism is, but now people have misunderstood the meaning of the term and are now shitting bricks over using words such as "black" to describe inanimate objects such as pencils)

There's no "card" that you speak of. Also, who ruled this to be a racist term? Probably somebody who doesn't have any relation to the term whatsoever.

I've always used it as a way of shortening Pakistani, as have the majority of Pakistanis that I know who have used it. Of course, I've also heard it used in conjunction with swear words, which alters the meaning of it. In itself, it's not "racist" in the sense that I'm not using it to say that Pakistanis are better or worse than others. (which is what racism is, but now people have misunderstood the meaning of the term and are now shitting bricks over using words such as "black" to describe inanimate objects such as pencils)

There's no "card" that you speak of. Also, who ruled this to be a racist term? Probably somebody who doesn't have any relation to the term whatsoever.

Would you be offended by somebody non-pakistani using the term (in a non-offensive context [i'm guessing you wouldn't])?

Although I'm pretty people can get into trouble for saying it.

Although going back to the beginning, I was joking. Clearly I don't consider you racist.

Paki is definitely considered to be a racist term by and large, and would constitute racial abuse...

...however, much like the word nigger, the above hardly applies when used by people who the word typically is used to refer to.

Would you be offended by somebody non-pakistani using the term (in a non-offensive context [i'm guessing you wouldn't])?

Although I'm pretty people can get into trouble for saying it.

Although going back to the beginning, I was joking. Clearly I don't consider you racist.

I wouldn't and don't get offended by it, no. I've got friends who use the term with me and it doesn't bother me at all. Similarly, in the past, I've heard it used in a very negative context, as in people shouting at you across the street to "go back where you came from, you fucking paki!" Although, the first part annoys me more than the second.

I know you were joking. :p