N-Europe

Star Trek Mafia

Cube

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My PM is odd. It mentions a white light and The Android wanting to give The Listener a mission but The Listener's mind is not currently in this world...

Can anyone make sense of that?

@Jonnas how did you come to find Yvonne unconscious?

The android is the redirector who tried to redirect me.

Your message would suggest that the redirector tried to redirect Yvonne, who was the listener, but couldn't because he was unconscious. Ergo, this implies somebody who targeted Yvonne is a redirector/mission giver. @Jonnas as you targeted Yvonne, it's important to hear your character name to rule out that you're the android, as well as full clarification of your role.

@Yvonne are you the listener? This could help substantiate Peeps' info.

Second: Could be Dohnut was targeted by the Android instead, if he goes into this dream world to give people info (his mind may not be available). Seems odd that Dohnut would be a choice of target for redirection though if the redirector was Mafia. @Nintendohnut are you protected from certain things while using your ability?

Hey not sure if you missed it, who is your character?

I didn't miss it, I just forgot to answer it :heh:

I'm a well known Star Trek New Generation character: Data, the android. According to my PM, I was promoted to Captain after Picard retired (in fact, Magnus' claim to captainhood was the thing I thought was fishiest because, according to my PM, I am the captain).

It also says something about the original Data dying and a backup being made. Not sure if it's a ST:NG reference, or just a complicated explanation for something that flew over my head.

In light of new information, it's pretty obvious by now that yes, I am the redirector (because I'm the captain and I give orders). As you can imagine, a townie redirector is a huge target for the mafia, hence me not revealing anything when you thought the redirector was mafia.

I'm not, I just targeted you because you seemed sort-of fishy. I also targeted Yvonne last night and Diageo the first night. Roleblocked on the second night, as you know.

Why did you redirect me 2 nights in a row?

Just read your post properly.. that's lies.

I was ordered to target DeDeDe N1, a very scummy choice of target, and ordered to Diageo N2.

Either someone is using other people's powers or you're mafia.

Just read your post properly.. that's lies.

I was ordered to target DeDeDe N1, a very scummy choice of target, and ordered to Diageo N2.

Either someone is using other people's powers or you're mafia.

Magnus Peterson was also a redirector remember

Sheikah..

To make sure I'm at least not targeting one of them and it puts me in the frame for the kill if tracked, rev-tracked or some other means, making any info I give at least slightly doubtful.

Surely there's not 2 redirectors that action in exactly the same manner?!

The nights Jonnas claims to have targeted people, what was the manner/wording in which the redirection took place?

Sheikah..

To make sure I'm at least not targeting one of them and it puts me in the frame for the kill if tracked, rev-tracked or some other means, making any info I give at least slightly doubtful.

Surely there's not 2 redirectors that action in exactly the same manner?!

The nights Jonnas claims to have targeted people, what was the manner/wording in which the redirection took place?

True BUT if you're a protector or jailkeep it stops their kill when they send you to Jon...

If you're a reverse tracker you see who killed/targeted Jon

Seems a big risk just to try set you up by hoping someone tracks you. They could just redirect you to yourself, less risky.

But on the flip side to that, they also find a protector/jailkeeper.

The tactics been used a million times before and will be used a million times again.. the fact that your trying to dismiss it so eagerly is food for thought.

But on the flip side to that, they also find a protector/jailkeeper.

The tactics been used a million times before and will be used a million times again.. the fact that your trying to dismiss it so eagerly is food for thought.

Mafia would much rather successfully kill undetected than risk any of the above shit happening. Yes there are potential rewards, but the chance of the risks coming true are statistically higher. If they find out a protector then that's nice but then that redirected protector is just going to protect themselves next night as they know they've been screwed with. All the while ten or so townies get a 'free move' that night as Mafia failed a kill, making Mafia majority slower to come.

Failed kill is the LEAST desirable option for Mafia as it is giving away 10+ free moves!

Not even gonna bother answering your threat, should be fairly obvious I'm town. You and your N1 Jon targeting, on the other hand...

@Rummy you're being pretty quiet. Who'd you target last night?

At work right now so I will be back in the evening. For now, settle with this:

I am Guinan, and I have to night action. Remember when I said I wouldn't mind being jailkept? That's why.

EBWOP: not TO action, NO action

- Are you a power absorber / copy the power of someone who targeted you? Yes/no

- If yes - Are you now a roleblocker given I targeted you?

Nope! I am not. From my role it is clear to me that I have been designed to balance the game, but I don't necessarily need to play that way. It makes sense though, what with the fewer numbers.

I'm neutral, and need the game to last more than 5 nights. If I do that, I can win with anyone. I have a double vote, but it doesn't show up until a successful lynch, for plausible deniability. So much for that!

Here's the kicker - I investigate as town.

I am not the person who redirected you. I was roleblocked during Night 2, as I said back then, and others corroborated (as in, they corroborated that the lock-in roleblocking exists, and affected others before)

And if you need proof from my Night 1 action, Diageo will confirm that I redirected him to Jimbob (or tried to, at least. He was also roleblocked that night)

I call someone and give them the order. At least that's what Sheikah says, I don't receive a PM if my action is successful.

@Rummy you're being pretty quiet. Who'd you target last night?

I did miss the entirety of the last day phase, that was due to some big bank problems - I haven't caught up on the thread and wanted to before I post. To not answer your question, I didn't successfully make it to my target last night. I will try to properly go through the thread and then make a decent post.

Second: Could be Dohnut was targeted by the Android instead, if he goes into this dream world to give people info (his mind may not be available). Seems odd that Dohnut would be a choice of target for redirection though if the redirector was Mafia. @Nintendohnut are you protected from certain things while using your ability?

That's an odd question Sheikah - why do you think I would be protected? For the record no, but why do ask?

As for my target, it was Peeps, which is why he got the message about what was going on.

So far we have two captains, and both are redirectors. Why so many in a game? Also, Cube knows mafia redirectors are massively powerful, so I'm not sure how he would balance things if one of them is mafia.

That's an odd question Sheikah - why do you think I would be protected? For the record no, but why do ask?

As for my target, it was Peeps, which is why he got the message about what was going on.

So far we have two captains, and both are redirectors. Why so many in a game? Also, Cube knows mafia redirectors are massively powerful, so I'm not sure how he would balance things if one of them is mafia.

Well it doesn't apply anymore as Jonnas admitted he targeted Yvonne, but originally Peeps received your message saying the android failed as their target's mind was not in the world. I figured the android's target could either be Yvonne (knocked out) or you (as you were channelling into other people's consciousness).