NEurope
Rummy

Any meat this year? - Saturday 27th July 2013, Hyde Park

EDIT: When I get back home I'll close this and make another thread. Discussion can continue here until then.

In b4 horses.

So, it's almost April...and no meet thread! I'm going on holiday tomorrow, so I'm not *really* going to participate too much in this; I ask simply:

Will there be an N-Europe Meetup this year? Where will it be? Who will take responsibility for it all occurring? I will most likely attend anything anywhere; but if you want it to take place closer to you then you need to be responsible for both it, and people! And sorting of those things.

If all else fails, and everyone's happy with the almost now classic of London - I am in for the win.

@ReZourceman and other people.

Edited by Rummy

I was thinking about the same thing myself. I'm up for a meatup again this year, need to make a trip to London. Name the time, i'll get the leave sorted.

Would love to come down again but depends on work - I don't have many holidays left! Second half of July would be best for me.

Edit - 21st July onwards as I'm away with family 6-20th most likely.

We don't have to contend with the Olympics this year so we have a bigger timeframe to choose from.

Anything beyond June should be fine for me! :D Now I just need to figure out what to do with accommodation this year.

Anything beyond June should be fine for me! :D

Now we have to do it.

Whenever the meet is, i'm always down on the Friday before anyway.

We don't have to contend with the Olympics this year so we have a bigger timeframe to choose from.

Yeah, didn't post a thread sooner thinking about this. Tbh I've no idea what london weather'll be like, half of me's hoping that as it's still cold as ice right now that summer might run on a little longer, but that's just wishful thinking :p

Uhhh...can someone setup an open spreadsheet dealie with availabilities?

I think I've set a spreadsheet here; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ajo3yMtxVbhbdF9YV2g2RWwwd0IzdE9MbU1Bd1dFVUE#gid=0

I've also added a 'preferred location' column, but don't expect much to come of it unless someone in that location wishes to take responsibility.

Stick in your colours!

I would suggest Manchester, but I really can't think of anywhere as ideal as Hyde Park.

Now we have to do it.

:blush:

I can't promise anything yet, though; transport and accommodation are still challenges to my mental resources, especially on my own. Last year Goafer made it all possible, but it'd be presumptuous of me to expect generosity of that level again. It would be great, though, to meet up and hang out with someone while over there; that'd make it a lot easier for me to handle.

I'll try and make it along to this if something is organised. The fact I haven't made more of an effort with the ones in London is disgraceful.

How about the weekend of 6th/7th July? There's that convention going on and it would be something to actually do one of the days, while leaving the option to chill out/London it up the other day.

Edited by Guy

:blush:

I can't promise anything yet, though; transport and accommodation are still challenges to my mental resources, especially on my own. Last year Goafer made it all possible, but it'd be presumptuous of me to expect generosity of that level again. It would be great, though, to meet up and hang out with someone while over there; that'd make it a lot easier for me to handle.

Last year, Goafer was a legend in what he helped with. A very generous person indeed that is for sure. I would offer the same, but as i live in Wales it would prove a little tricky and would involve a 2 hour train-ride to and from London.

If hotel accomodation for anyone coming down early is needed, i can sort something out for a few people if they so wish.

I still think Go-Karting is a great option if we're actually looking for something to do other than hang-out.

Or some could do it on the Sunday otherwise maybe.

Someone like @Mokong X\-C needs to film it and edit it into N-E Kart 2013! :D

How about the weekend of 6th/7th July? There's that convention going on and it would be something to actually do one of the days, while leaving the option to chill out/London it up the other day.

Conventions like that are not suitable for large groups. Even in small groups it's a nightmare to navigate.

I'll be at that convention, but with other people.

Conventions like that are not suitable for large groups. Even in small groups it's a nightmare to navigate.

I'll be at that convention, but with other people.

This is actually very true. If I ever go to a covention with a largeish group, I spend most of my time getting calls/texts with "WHER R U?" which is extremely annoying.

At least doing it that weekend could give peeps the option to go if they wanted to?

I still think Go-Karting is a great option if we're actually looking for something to do other than hang-out.

Or some could do it on the Sunday otherwise maybe.

Someone like @Mokong X\-C needs to film it and edit it into N-E Kart 2013! :D

Go karting?! Yes. Let's do it.

We'll need to find a place a reasonable distance from Hyde Park, and within Zones 1 and 2.