Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

inFamous: Second Son / First Light

Cube

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing through Infamous 2: Festival of Blood, nice little standalone game. The Infamous games are my two faves on the PS3 and up therre as my faves this gen so to say I'm pumped for this game would be an understatement.

I hope it has ties to the last two game.

Playing through Infamous 2: Festival of Blood, nice little standalone game. The Infamous games are my two faves on the PS3 and up therre as my faves this gen so to say I'm pumped for this game would be an understatement.

I hope it has ties to the last two game.

I wonder if we may see subtle links via the pigeons or something similar like links reports of what happens in America. It's a shame that saves won't carry over as would have been nice to hear mention of the ending you chose in Infamous 2.

I wonder if we may see subtle links via the pigeons or something similar like links reports of what happens in America. It's a shame that saves won't carry over as would have been nice to hear mention of the ending you chose in Infamous 2.

I'd like to know which ending they'll have as cannon. You'd think the bad ending considering there are still super powered people but you never know.

Yeah I'd have through bad ending...personally infamous is the only game I ever choose to go whole hog bad in.

That aint for me, I cant bring myself to do it. Hero all the way, sames goes for the ME game. I just cant be a dick lol

I have no choice in Festival of Blood to be bad.

That aint for me, I cant bring myself to do it. Hero all the way, sames goes for the ME game. I just cant be a dick lol

One "arsehole Shepard" scene in particular in Mass Effect 3 is the most horrific thing I've ever done.

What do people think about this one being set in a real location?

I have no choice in Festival of Blood to be bad.

See to my mind it's INfamous not famous lol...whilst that doesn't mean evil 100% of the time it's still implied. Plus think the bad powers are so much better and it's not like in ME where the choices have such repercussions (I'm with you can never be bad in ME)

See to my mind it's INfamous not famous lol...whilst that doesn't mean evil 100% of the time it's still implied. Plus think the bad powers are so much better and it's not like in ME where the choices have such repercussions (I'm with you can never be bad in ME)

The evil powers in Infamous are pretty cool but I cant give up the sticky grenades. Soo good.

I 100% Festival of Bloody earlier. Good amount of content for the £7.99 price tag. You dont need the second game to play it either. I think the flying stuff might be a way to handle it in the third game aswell.

One thing I hope for in this is a lot less "tutorial" pop-ups. Even at the end of inFamous 2, the game still tells you about things and reminds you of your powers.

Sure, give me a message if I fail a couple of times (or if it is something not obvious - like having to walk towards a boss at ground level) but let me work it out first, dammit.

• 2 months later...

This month's Game Informer cover.

issfullsizeBIG.jpg

In the series' first foray into a real-world location (Seattle), Cole MacGrath is dead. Since sacrificing himself at the end of Infamous 2, the country has been on high alert for other possible conduits. To deal with this perceived threat, the government has set up the oppressive Department of Unified Protection, and they've placed Seattle on lockdown. As new protagonist Delsin Rowe, players will be given more than enough opportunities to fight the power.

Hmm now that I know the ending to InFamous 2 is it still worth playing? i.e is the ending so obvious or is there some kind of 'shock' to it?

I should have known better than to look in a thread about the latest game in the series I suppose, then again I really should have played both InFamous games by now... ah well, I will before this one comes out, probably.

You shouldn't play InFamous for the story, anyway. The story is boring. Play it for the amazing gameplay!

I was going to argue against this and then realised I couldn't remember what the consequences of the bad ending were so I guess it wasn't that good.

It's passable at worst. A couple of moments are done really well, especially the interactive evil ending in 2 / the scene with Cole/Zeke chilling on the sofa.

They should throw out the karma system for this. The whole point of it is devalued somewhat if they're continuing the franchise as if that particular ending was the 'true' one.

Also, instead of unlocking slightly useless powers and having to switch between them, have the powers stack so that they are better in absolute terms. They should try to avoid the Infamous 2 power menu system altogether. Say you wanted to use kinetic pulse for lifting without having to swap out Firebird, only allow the Firebird to be used when in mid-air and then there's no reason to switch. Makes everything more fluid.

How about some kind of "hidden karma" system instead? Have it so being an arsehole or good person doesn't have much effect on the story (as either way you'll need to defeat the villain or you'll die), but have the upgrades to the powers based on how you play.

So, all the base powers will be the same either way, but they'll adapt based on how you play: if you try to avoid hurting innocent people, the powers will evolve to be more precise and bypass civilians. However, if you don't care about collateral damage, the powers will evolve to bounce around and destroy everything.

No menus or power selection, it just changes slowly as you play.

Another thing: I would love random events more like Red Dead Redemption. Just random happenings and not 5 set karma-specific things repeated over and over.

The powers already evolve in the way you mentioned. Maybe they call for less obvious tweaking. Amen to the random events, I was actually thinking they could shake up that stuff too - it gets tedious seeing the same symbols prompting you to stop a mugging or defuse a bomb etc. Take that crap off the radar and make the occurrences more exciting and less scripted, like a building collapsing (OK that would be scripted but it should happen without warning or narration) or a new enemy showing up from what appeared to be just another innocuous looking pipe. When you design an open world game there's so much you can do with it, and it needs tons of little details and events to keep you entertained otherwise it feels bland and unlike any world you'd actually want to participate in.

Hmm now that I know the ending to InFamous 2 is it still worth playing? i.e is the ending so obvious or is there some kind of 'shock' to it?

I should have known better than to look in a thread about the latest game in the series I suppose, then again I really should have played both InFamous games by now... ah well, I will before this one comes out, probably.

Shit dude, I'm reaaaaaally sorry. If it help, I don't actually think he's dead.

...That might have made it worse.

I actually like the story. It's a bit X-men but whatevs.

The powers already evolve in the way you mentioned.

What I meant was to remove the menus and "gain X karma to unlock". Just have it change slowly over time instead of "you have just unlocked Y".

New details.

inFamous: Second Son was one of a number of PlayStation 4 titles unveiled during the console’s announcement event in February. Although Sony has already shown a debut trailer, details have been mostly kept under wraps – until now.

The latest issue of Game Informer contains a blowout of inFamous: Second Son through a 10-page cover story. We’ve rounded up some information from the magazine below, but you can find even more content – including screenshots – in the publication’s June 2013 release.

Story

- Conduits now referred to as bioterrorists

- New area of government keeps track of the conduits: Department of Unified Protection

- Condits have been identified, holding them without trial in containment facilities

- Department of Unified Protection shows its power during an operation that doesn’t go as planned in Seattle

- Transport vehicle crashes and the conduits escape

- DUP sets up roadblocks and won’t let anyone enter/leave

- Lots of security systems are sent out and Seattle is turned into something reminisint of an airport

- There are elevated walkways with search-lights and security cameras as well as checkpoints and scanners

- Game has parallels to post-9/11 America setting

- Security vs. freedom theme

- DUP is like the TSA

DUP guards

- DUP guards feature behavior similar to that of SWAT teams/trained military police

- Others have a seemingly supernatural ability to shield themselves and move around quickly

- Sucker Punch won’t elaborate on this further

Protagonist

- Stars 24-year-old Native American Delsin Rowe

- Delsin is the artistic type with a chip on his soldier

- Fan of anti-authoritarian street art

- Likes tagging buildings with his own art

- Very much an average guy until the conduit-transport vehicle crashes

- Delsin tries to help those in the wreck, and learns that he’s been a conduit all along with dragging an injured conduit from the area

- Soon realizes that he can control smoke

- Natural power lets him absorb other conduits’ power

- Can use more than smoke power

- Delsin is excited about his power unlike Cole

Gameplay

- Delsin can take down different forward-operating bases run by the DUP around Seattle

- Can get through these areas with force, but eliminating security systems is more effective

- Smoke projectile at Delsin’s disposal

- Also can perform a smoke-dash maneuver somewhat like Nightcrawler

- Air ducts found all across Seattle

- Can use the ducts to get around or climb like Cole

- Another technique lets Delsin throw smoking fireballs

- When Delsin descends, he can perform a “move” like Cole’s thunder drop

- Forests act as the edge of the game world

- Another move: smoke cloud; immobilize enemies

- Can restock on smoke from chimneys, destroyed cars, and even tear gas canister

- Can also use Delsin’s chain as an alternative weapon

- Absorb smoke by pressing both thumbs down on the touchpad

- Touchpad can also be used to free conduits in cells

- Team wants to simply the controls; inFamous 2 actions required multiple button presses

- One moment of the demo lets players make a decision about killing a DUP officer or not

- Can switch between entire sets of power that complement each other

General

- Sucker Punch recreated the city’s feel instead of specific road layout

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!