NEurope
Rummy

How much do you pay for your retail games?

How do you like your games in the morning?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your games in the morning?

• £50+ - Limited editions for me all the way!
    • ~£40 - Full retail - in the shop, on the day?
    • ~£30 - Grab a good deal online
    • ~£20 - Bag it from the bargain bin
    • Sub ~£20 - Preowned all the way/wait til it's 10 years old
    • I don't know what a game is.

It's not very often I'll pay more than £20. Very rarely get things on release, and only preordered once (BF3).

I love getting a bargain and rarely pay over £20 - the cheaper the better!

I've just got back into gaming after a couple of years off, so I've paid a bit more for some DS games that have become harder to find. I've also bought a few cheap preowned games from Cex, That's Entertainment and eBay.

Generally though I keep an eye on HUKD and other forums to spot the cheap games. I've got a massive backlog so I can wait to pick up games when they've dropped in price.

I love getting a bargain and rarely pay over £20 - the cheaper the better!

I've just got back into gaming after a couple of years off, so I've paid a bit more for some DS games that have become harder to find. I've also bought a few cheap preowned games from Cex, That's Entertainment and eBay.

Generally though I keep an eye on HUKD and other forums to spot the cheap games. I've got a massive backlog so I can wait to pick up games when they've dropped in price.

Haha, when I saw you posted in the thread I wondered what it would be! Awesome bargain hunting skills going by the general bargains thread! Certainly interested by all the responses, more around the ~£30 mark than I thought, but also less around some of the others.

I've only just dumped retail completely fairly recently, ever since I discovered Shopto.

Having imported most of my games for the past 5 years or so (from around 2006-2011) I was bloody sick to death of the long delivery times - which is why I mostly bought my non-imported DS games at retail. Being able to play a game on launch day felt like a bloody luxury, so I was happy to pay the higher price :)

Now that I'm back to going full PAL again with this generation, I started by buying 3DS games at retail until I discovered Shopto and their amazing delivery times. Now I get games cheaper than before and even earlier than before in most cases :heart:

I'm never buying a newly released game at retail again.

Edit: Good lord! I just realised that this post comes across as an infomercial! :laughing:

In short, it's the delivery times that were the biggest barrier for me. The wait for delivery was always such a turnoff before that I didn't mind paying the higher B&M prices. Those days are thankfully over though :)

Oh no, I completely agree! However price is still my main deciding factor, but if it's a quid or two difference - I'll go with ShopTo. To be able to order something and have it in less than 24 hours is amazing. What was your setup that you needed to import so much?

Haha, when I saw you posted in the thread I wondered what it would be! Awesome bargain hunting skills going by the general bargains thread! Certainly interested by all the responses, more around the ~£30 mark than I thought, but also less around some of the others.

Oh no, I completely agree! However price is still my main deciding factor, but if it's a quid or two difference - I'll go with ShopTo. To be able to order something and have it in less than 24 hours is amazing. What was your setup that you needed to import so much?

Wii games. I own a US Wii (bought it because I was sick of PAL delays and I wanted the superior US versions of VC games) so I had to buy all my Wii games on import (actually worked out much cheaper than buying the UK versions, with most games coming to around £25-30 up until around late 2010). I also imported about half of my DS games as most of them came out in the US quite a bit before EU (plus they were cheaper too :) )

The good ol' days of importing are over though. Prices are about the same as UK B&M now and most (non-Atlus) games come out at the same time in Europe as in the US now; so importing is pointless for the most part now.

It varies a lot. I buy some PC games for cheaper, I buy some collector's editions, I pre-order some from £30-£40. I do generally get games at launch.

I mainly order from ShopTo, even when they're not the cheapest (I would never, ever give any money to the likes of Zavvi and the rest of the Hut group ever again).

All depends on the game. I happily paid around £50 for Monster Hunter Tri special edition. At the same time I'm always on the look out for a bargain! I've had some full retail Wii games for £4.99 new sealed which is an awesome deal.

Tekken Tag 2 - £20 [RRP/eShop = £37.49]

Where did you get this for £20 dude, would like to pick this up.

Well for me it is pretty much the same as Jim, we try to hunt for some bargains. We don't mind buying games second hand, even as gifts for each other we don't mind it. As long as the game works, I don't see the problem. Plus you can get some games for dirt cheap that way. =)

Only a few games will be bought at retail price, and that is of course the ones like Zelda. I don't buy any limited editions though, I really don't see the point and I already have enough junk/stuff/items as it is. =P

If I've been following a game that I really like the look of, I'll get it from a retail store on release day. I don't mind paying the extra to know I can get it there and then. (I had a bad experience with GamePlay when I ordered AC for Wii in that they didn't get stock or something and I never got it on release from them. I know that doesn't apply to all online shops)

I will though look for the cheapest option if I haven't gone for the day 1 release. I picked up LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 for <£20 and LEGO Lord of the Rings for £25 just by waiting a little and looking in the supermarkets.