NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 26: Space to move, Space to breath, Space to win

Do you know what's happening with Seahawks Peeps? Nikos? he hasn't put a bid in for the player I have yet.

Seahawks sent me a mail on the site requesting to start a new team and I mailed him back saying he needed to buy back those players first. That was last night.

Alternatively, if he wants to, Nikos could simply buy a low-rated player from Seahawks' old team, a 34-2 or something, and make up the difference from these other transfers. That way he's alright to keep the players he's bought.

DuD can obviously still sell his player back though, 'cause I know he's desperate for econ atm :)

I can't see this wish for a league reset for anything other than wanting a shortcut to glory.

I didn't start in the Elite League you know, it took me roughly two years just to get there, and another two years to win it. I got kicked around a lot in the beginning. Inter and Madpool both achieved 9-0 records against me and Inter, Madpool, Silverdale and Odwin still have positive H2H over me. It may seem a daunting task to break into top half, but it's gonna happen sooner or later for you anyway. And it doesn't have to take that long for everyone either, I was a turtle :p

If someone wants to reset their team they should just go ahead with that and delete their old team and start anew, shouldn't be forced upon anyone else. Some get tired of their old team, some never do. I would never ever abandon my team. Too much history.

I'd like to say I'm definitely not after a glory shortcut. I certainly hope to be challenging for a spot in the top three in the next few seasons - before the proposed 8/ 9 season rest date (I finished 6th of the elite league on only my 4th season with Winston - I don't need no shortcuts!)

Just suggested it because a few people were interested in the idea a couple of seasons ago, and because seeing how everyone reacts to having to build a team from scratch is kind of interesting.

But yeah, I get why people don't want to do it and fair enough!

Rossers Rovers still need to send me a challenge. I've sent him a mail on the site but no challenge so far.

Told federer to nudge him, should have a challenge before the game..

If anyone is interested I have 2 18-4s on the market. One had 11 dv last season so was a 17-4 (leadership and moody) who received a + and the other is a youth that just came through today, 18-4 who is quick.

I will accept 200,000 for each :p

Alternatively, if he wants to, Nikos could simply buy a low-rated player from Seahawks' old team, a 34-2 or something, and make up the difference from these other transfers. That way he's alright to keep the players he's bought.

Sounds like a good idea! I now have the funds to cover their recommended prices of the two I originally bought anyway after the sales of Ronaldo and Kenobi went through last night. Do you approve Peeps? If so I'll put a ridiculously high bid on Seahawks' worst player - Amoldo Madrigal (an 18-3 with no abilities) by the looks of it, who I'll just sack straight away anyway as I don't want/need him.

For the record, Etxeberria's estimated value is 4m and Mendez is 3m so combined = 7m. Given that I've already paid 0.5m for them and if we were to do a slight mates rates for each player (0.5m x2) would an overall total fee of 5.5m econ sound reasonable?

Had a good friendly against Collocini. He won 4-3, but i got to 'play da yoof' as i hear is so popular these days. So that should be useful.

Who won the cup games?

Sounds like a good idea! I now have the funds to cover their recommended prices of the two I originally bought anyway after the sales of Ronaldo and Kenobi went through last night. Do you approve Peeps? If so I'll put a ridiculously high bid on Seahawks' worst player - Amoldo Madrigal (an 18-3 with no abilities) by the looks of it, who I'll just sack straight away anyway as I don't want/need him.

For the record, Etxeberria's estimated value is 4m and Mendez is 3m so combined = 7m. Given that I've already paid 0.5m for them and if we were to do a slight mates rates for each player (0.5m x2) would an overall total fee of 5.5m econ sound reasonable?

Most people seemed to take issue with the price so I'm ok with this as long as other teams don't feel it's unfair. I'd like to hear what others have to say before I just make a decision :p

From now on I do think we should just leave restarting teams alone but in this case the damage is done and whatever we do someone is going to feel hard done by.

---

Rossers Rovers never challenged me so I guess I'm through to the next round.

Cup Games:

Rossers Rovers vs Real Peeps

Eights United 2-1 The Comerade Co-op

Cubic County 1-1 The Sixty-Fourthers (64s through as both teams drew chances)

Winston Gardens 4-2 The Roger Federer Crew

Round of the last 16:

Real Peeps

Eights United

The Sixty-Fourthers

Winston Gardens

DuDs Baggies

Intergalactico Stars

Hadens Rangers

AC Twozzinio

Fedex United

Leeds M.O.T

Yellow Submarine

Recall United

Atlético Aqui1a

Dragooooo

bob

Coloccini FC

This puts us in a slight predicament as DuD is due to play Federer on Tuesday... unless we hold off on the cup for one round I don't see any way around that?

I think the best thing to do would be to start the league from scratch. Everyone wants it, so why wait?

Its silly you can't cancel friendlies, or move them.

Had a good friendly against Collocini. He won 4-3, but i got to 'play da yoof' as i hear is so popular these days. So that should be useful.

Who won the cup games?

Friendlies give you 1/10th DV of a standard game.

Cubic County 1-1 The Sixty-Fourthers (64s through as both teams drew chances)

This puts us in a slight predicament as DuD is due to play Federer on Tuesday... unless we hold off on the cup for one round I don't see any way around that?

If we're delaying it, can I request a second leg to decide due to the closeness of the match?

I think my team did extremely well.

Oh, and if someone wants to see the match without searching for it:

EmlipIJ.png

Who won the cup games?

Indeed it was. Knew I needed to attack due to your evident ability of scoring goals for fun!

Friendlies give you 1/10th DV of a standard game.

Ah well that's ok, my youth are 10 times better than everyone else anyway.

If we're delaying it, can I request a second leg to decide due to the closeness of the match?

I think my team did extremely well.

Oh, and if someone wants to see the match without searching for it:

EmlipIJ.png

I think if it's a draw with the same number of chances, it should go to who had the best possesion surely? Why did Sixty win it?

Indeed it was. Knew I needed to attack due to your evident ability of scoring goals for fun!

It's always a better game that way!

I stated before the cup started what would happen in the event of a draw and the rule is the same as last season. Arguably the away team has a harder time of it so that is why the rule is as it is. As always I'm more than happy for input and I think the best way to run this league is to put these decisions to everyone. If you do ever have an objection, definitely make it known.

In this case though shut up.

Seriously though... :p Cube, if Gaggle agrees to a second leg (in fairness he should be at home this time) then by all means go ahead. We're having to delay for a round anyway so it won't mess things up. The draw can still go ahead on saturday but 64s position is interchangeable with Cube should he agree to play again.

I'm not going to change the rule half way through as that would be even more unfair. It was clearly set out before the start of the cup so if Gaggle doesn't want to play again I think that's fair enough.

I'm glad your interest in the game seems to be picking up again anyway Cube :)

@Jimbob the draw is ok to go ahead on Saturday but all teams need to be reminded to challenge AFTER Tuesday's games so they will be played on Friday. This is a bit of a mess right now due to people not understanding how challenging works I think? But after Tuesday hopefully everything will run smoothly again.

For future reference: friendlies cannot be cancelled. If you accept a friendly you WILL play that game unless the season start date falls on that day. If you accept a friendly when you already have a game lined up, that friendly will be set for the next free match date after your next game.

If there are no objections to @Nikos9 buying a shitty Seahawks player for 5.5m (the argument being he has paid 0.5m already in evaluations and their combined worth is 7m) and sacking him in order to keep the players he bought, then I say go ahead. Give it tonight for people to voice their opinions and tomorrow go for it if there are no naysayers.

After that, Seahawks is free to start up a new team. It's not fair to drag this out as Seahawks will need time to get his new team up to scratch with any transfers he may want to do before the season starts.

I think that covers all?

No problem @The Peeps, i'll put a reminder out for everyone during the draw. Remember, 8pm Saturday for the draw. I'll provide the links once i get home.

If there are no objections to @Nikos9 buying a shitty Seahawks player for 5.5m (the argument being he has paid 0.5m already in evaluations and their combined worth is 7m) and sacking him in order to keep the players he bought, then I say go ahead. Give it tonight for people to voice their opinions and tomorrow go for it if there are no naysayers.

I question your mathematics unless you've missed something out...

I think if it's a draw with the same number of chances, it should go to who had the best possesion surely? Why did Sixty win it?

Due to the unknown (in terms of power) "Home Advantage" boost, away goals count for more when it comes to a tie.

From my similar aged/skilled players (without the qualities the one is boasting) and checking the market as I did at the time, I'd be amazed I'd those players are worth less than 9-10 mill.

I don't have a problem with him buying them legitimately, but evaluation costs occur on the market and you don't get them back when you buy..

The whole thing has been dodgy. its broke rules. would have gone unmentioned had I not noticed it.. and now he's calling for a discount?!

If everyone else is happy, i'll just swallow my annoyance at the situation though. I just don't agree with cheating.

From my similar aged/skilled players (without the qualities the one is boasting) and checking the market as I did at the time, I'd be amazed I'd those players are worth less than 9-10 mill.

I don't have a problem with him buying them legitimately, but evaluation costs occur on the market and you don't get them back when you buy..

The whole thing has been dodgy. its broke rules. would have gone unmentioned had I not noticed it.. and now he's calling for a discount?!

If everyone else is happy, i'll just swallow my annoyance at the situation though. I just don't agree with cheating.

Can you take a screenshot of the players and their value Nikos? That would help make this situation transparent.

I take it Nikos now isn't claiming back his evaluation fees? Unless I misread what he wrote he seems to have factored in a mates rate which is rather cheeky considering noone else got a chance to bid lol, I would also be happier with full payment but this at least better than full on bargain bin prices like before.

The only other objection once a screenshot has been shown would be if anyone else wanted to outbid Nikos and get them but that would rather complicate this situation.

Back to the football!

Condon was a legend today! Can't wait for him and Astle to pair up next season.

Edited by Haden

If they are indeed worth 7 mil, a 0.5-1 mill discount is fair. That's what I would factor in when selling within the N-E league. Such a discount is fair imo.

Glad I won considering the shitty form. More than half of the players must have had less than 5 in form. Didn't get the form increase I was hoping for so I started training some of the players after all. I'm hoping for a stronger opponent next round, it will be better for the form.

Anyone want a friendly on tuesdays game? would be a waste of potential (minute) DV to not.