NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Horsemeat

Bought a tin of meat at the super market today, something called "Newkon meat" or whatever the fuck it's supposed to be in English.

The front of the tin states it contains both beef and horsemeat, so I bought it. I hope it tastes good..

The one thought I've had on this: As someone who had no other choice but shrug my shoulders at people who would walk in, point to the shop's meat range and inform me that "I can get that cheaper at Asda/Tesco" (as if I could actually do anything about it) I mostly think this whole scandal is really really funny.

As someone who buys meat from Asda because it's cheap (however, I wouldn't complain to another shop about their prices), all I can do is just shrug my shoulders at this and enjoy my food, horse or not.

That horse meat was goood. It was like a more tender corned beef, and I fucking love me some corned beef.

More tender than corned beef? What sort of corned beef are you buying?!

More tender than corned beef? What sort of corned beef are you buying?!

Well the old corned beef I bought was your basic Tesco Value stuff, mainly because it tasted the same as all the premium shit I ended up buying when there wasn't any in stock.

But either way, this meat I bought tonight was daaaamn good. A lot of jelly though (or 'mystery meat' if you're one of those types)

As someone who buys meat from Asda because it's cheap (however, I wouldn't complain to another shop about their prices), all I can do is just shrug my shoulders at this and enjoy my food, horse or not.

Have you tried going to a butcher and comparing prices?

I used to buy all of my chicken from Asda, but I've recently switched to a butcher and the portions seem to be bigger and a fair bit cheaper. Plus, you know it's fresher, too.

Plus, you know it's fresher, too.

That's true. I went to my local butcher, and you could hear the neighs from the back room.

Definitely fresh.