N-Europe

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Retro_Link

lol what, it's predicting 5 hours to install the update. Now 9 minutes :p

Oh Ubisoft, you so crazy

This game is beautiful, but noticed a bit of screen tearing which is odd seeing as people were saying it's the more stable of the "current" gen versions

I haven't seen any screen tearing (yet)...

...knocks on wood

What do you think of the graphics? Something doesn't seem "right", looks like a smoothening layer was put over the character models? I don't particularly like it...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen any screen tearing (yet)...

...knocks on wood

What do you think of the graphics? Something doesn't seem "right", looks like a smoothening layer was put over the character models? I don't particularly like it...

Really? The first part of the game was filled with it. It was ridiculous. As soon as I got to Havana though, it was pretty much gone.

I think the graphics are great, but I can see what you mean, there's an unnatural sheen to the skin

Yep, this game is stunning. Still early on but having to navigate through a hurricane, complete with small tornados while escaping an enemy fleet.

Beautiful...just beautiful. Miiverse shot since I cba to load up the Nintendo image stuff

zlCfzRMo1II8C43TZh

In a way, there are pretty much two games here. The sailing part is very much fleshed out, exploring is a lot of fun, as are ship battles, and then you have the more traditional Assassin's Creed gameplay on land.

Here's an example of what I did last night

I was sailing from one mission to the next, I saw a treasure chest on a small island so I stopped my ship, jumped off and had a look around. I returned to my ship and carried on, I entered a restricted area, got spotted by an enemy ship but managed to escape.

Then I noticed an interesting looking cove. It was guarded by a fairly high-level ship, so I used the rocks to my advange and launched a surprise attack, I boarded it, killed half the crew and added it to my fleet (which adds them to a management mini-game like the missions you can send your Assassins to do in the previous ones), I then stopped off at the cove and swam to shore.

There were some temples, and a few puzzles to solve. There were some guards with prisoners, so I had to sneak around and kill the guards to free the prisoners. There were also some black panthers lurking around for me to hunt, fragments to find and hidden chests. After I found everything, I swam back to my ship.

A very high level ship started to approach the side of the cove I had cleared, so I went to the other one, quickly sailing past another fairly high level ship and escaping before they had time to manoeuvre.

The best part: apart from choosing what to so with the ship I took over, this was all completely fluid with no breaks in gameplay.

Edit: It should be noted that the bigger towns and areas do have a loading screen.

Edited by Cube

In a way, there are pretty much two games here. The sailing part is very much fleshed out, exploring is a lot of fun, as are ship battles, and then you have the more traditional Assassin's Creed gameplay on land.

Here's an example of what I did last night

I was sailing from one mission to the next, I saw a treasure chest on a small island so I stopped my ship, jumped off and had a look around. I returned to my ship and carried on, I entered a restricted area, got spotted by an enemy ship but managed to escape.

Then I noticed an interesting looking cove. It was guarded by a fairly high-level ship, so I used the rocks to my advange and launched a surprise attack, I boarded it, killed half the crew and added it to my fleet (which adds them to a management mini-game like the missions you can send your Assassins to do in the previous ones), I then stopped off at the cove and swam to shore.

There were some temples, and a few puzzles to solve. There were some guards with prisoners, so I had to sneak around and kill the guards to free the prisoners. There were also some black panthers lurking around for me to hunt, fragments to find and hidden chests. After I found everything, I swam back to my ship.

A very high level ship started to approach the side of the cove I had cleared, so I went to the other one, quickly sailing past another fairly high level ship and escaping before they had time to manoeuvre.

The best part: apart from choosing what to so with the ship I took over, this was all completely fluid with no breaks in gameplay.

Edit: It should be noted that the bigger towns and areas do have a loading screen.

You are again extremely good at describing what makes me love this franchise so much! Kudos : peace:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!