N-Europe

RBS Six Nations 2013

Jimbob

defaultnewsimagechamp.jpg

It's that time of the year again, where 6 teams face each other to see whom will be the Six Nations 2013 champions. Will any of them go all the way and take the Grand Slam title, only time will tell.

RBS Six Nations

Matches

Saturday 2nd February 2013

England (38) vs Scotland (18)

Wales (22) vs Ireland (30)

Sunday 3rd February 2013

Italy vs France

Thoughts and opinions on the tournament on opening day.

You get the impression nothing phases Farrell, ice cool demeanor, starting to really run the show and yeah that pass was a beauty. Great hands from Parling too. Some serious confidence running through this team at the moment, really feels like we're building something special here, regardless of what happens next weekend.

Great to watch the 6 nations again, although I was disappointed by Wales' first half performance. Didn't get going at all, and made it too difficult a task to accomplish in the second.

England were more clinical. Enjoyed seeing their game. Looking forward to seeing how they play against Ireland. I fancy Wales to put in a better performance against France, should be a close game.

So looks like it'll be the Wooden Spoon for Scotland again this year, eh?

They were shockingly poor yesterday against England, with quite a few bad passes through the backs, an all too often flat back line and just generally not having their heads in the game at times. To me, it seems as though Scotland have moved backwards in terms of quality of rugby over the past few years. They really need to get it together if they don't want that bottom spot this year.

England have definitely built on that win over New Zealand and before the tournament had started, I'd have put them as favourites to win this year.

Ireland v Wales... Was great seeing O'Driscoll back on the field but he really should have grabbed his team by the scruff of the neck and slapped some sense into them for almost letting the match slip away in that second half. I mean, kudos to Wales for getting back into the match but it was as though Ireland switched off :nono: Although, saying that, I don't think Wales would have been able to take the win in the end as the same errors which marred the first half came back to hurt them when they really didn't need them.

And of course, Italy v France. What a match. The Italians have improved so much over the years and it's great that they can now not only go out and play a good first half of rugby and put up a hard fight, but see that right through to the full 80 minutes and win big matches. And it wasn't as though France played poorly either. That level of performance may tail off towards the end of the tournament (as tiredness has crept into the team in previous years in the latter matches) but that win has certainly made next weekend's matches very interesting.

So yeah, great opening weekend. Really looking forward to next week's matches.

A bit embarrassing to lose against Italy but they deserved their win. I absolutely love 6 nations. I did my degree in Cardiff so were there for 3 years. The atmosphere is brilliant during rugby days. Wales were disappointing in their first half but im gutted they didnt pick it didnt manage to win the game in the end

A bit of a strange game, that. Not very high scoring and a bit too negative at times. Chuffed that Wales managed to win it, although I was sure the player's legs were out of play before he grounded the ball. Didn't expect the try to be given, but relieved when it was. :D

Tomorrow's game is the one to watch. Should be high scoring.

A bit of a strange game, that. Not very high scoring and a bit too negative at times. Chuffed that Wales managed to win it, although I was sure the player's legs were out of play before he grounded the ball. Didn't expect the try to be given, but relieved when it was. :D

Tomorrow's game is the one to watch. Should be high scoring.

Regarding the try, his right foot certainly looked out of play before the ball landed (it was on the otherside of the corner post). Both sides didn't play their best, and Wales won against a piss poor France. (although, Wales wern't playing as well as against Ireland, and that wasn't good either).

So England wins. A bit of a boring game to be honest. I started playing on my 3DS whilst watching it and everytime i looked up there was a penalty happening.

England only team not to lose a game yet.

Did not agree with the stamping dirty play like that should remain in football. Dont want that in rugby.

Outstanding win for England, just as significant as the one against the All Blacks. For such a young and inexperienced team, Lancaster is getting them to play like 100 cap pros. Compelling game, even if not the most attractive.

Healy will rightly be banned for a couple of months, dirty bastard.

Regarding Wales, North's foot certainly wasn't in touch when he scored vs France, correct decision and great play from him. (although I'm not a fan of the man)

Outstanding win for England, just as significant as the one against the All Blacks. For such a young and inexperienced team, Lancaster is getting them to play like 100 cap pros. Compelling game, even if not the most attractive.

Healy will rightly be banned for a couple of months, dirty bastard.

Regarding Wales, North's foot certainly wasn't in touch when he scored vs France, correct decision and great play from him. (although I'm not a fan of the man)

I'm not a Welsh fan, but from looking at the replay his foot was over the line before the ball hit the ground. In other games, that would not be allowed but it was here. I'm convinced the ref gave it due to the game being so crap with nothing happening. Which is fair enough, both Wales and France played poor games. On the RBS site, there are people saying Wales beat a poor side whilst playing poor themselves isn't anything to be proud of.

Still, France are in bad shape. Usually they have a great team and are worthy contenders.

The foot being over the line is fine, it has to be touching the ground to be in touch. The television match official clearly made the right decision, if he hadn't there would have been huge controversy.

A ref would never give a huge decision like that because 'the game was crap' and nothing was happening anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

True.

It's been a cracking weekend though. Wins for Wales, England and Scotland. Was a surprising result for the Scots, holding out right to the last minute. With the England game, it was a close game for the 1st half. But it was clear whom the better side was in the 2nd. And Wales dominated against Italy, but still had some bad plays and wern't playing their best Rugby.

It was indeed an awesome weekend of 6 Nations. The England game was amazing. Got very very drunk during the game too which made it better again.

Great result for Scotland too.

I can't help but laugh at France rock bottom with Nil Poi! :p

Yeah, they looked like they had improved in the 1st half on Saturday. Then all of a sudden, there are all these subs happening. And what we have is a side which matched the quality of the first 2 games, shocking. They've got Ireland in a fortnight, so hopefully they'll win a game and improve by then even more.

Not holding any hope though.