NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct 23rd Jan - Wii U only - Worldwide

It won't be.

It's confirmed that this will be Wii U.

It's confirmed Iwata will reveal new games

It's now confirmed that it's first party only.

Prepare for the megaton

New games still doesn't have to mean Brand New. Pikmin 3, Game and Wario, Wii Fit, Wonderful 101 (published by Nintendo) etc... would still fit the criteria.

Something from Monster Games or Retro would be epic!

It won't be.

It's confirmed that this will be Wii U.

It's confirmed Iwata will reveal new games

It's now confirmed that it's first party only.

Prepare for the megaton

i-want-to-be-leaf.jpg

Mario Kart WiiU? WiiMusicWiiU?

Sooo....

Where are the hype and megaton gifs? This thread feels incomplete without them :heh:

I got you covered man:

i8Zf6cuQXjEBn.gif

God I hope so, just to watch the internet explode

If that happens, god himself is going to lose all faith in humanity and do this:

end-of-the-world-gif-world-Favim.com-236979.gif

I'd like to see that quote in which NINTENDO apologises for the 'casual rubbish'.

All I seem to recall is Iwata promising for wider and deeper gaming experiences, which would mean catering to both the core and expanding the gaming population.

Read again what I said. I said I don't want any more casual titles, never said they apologised for the "casual rubbish". Next sentence, I said Iwata apologised to the hardcore crowd and promised things would be better this time around.

http://thegamershub.net/2012/05/iwata-apologises-to-core-gamers/

Sooo....

Where are the hype and megaton gifs? This thread feels incomplete without them :heh:

It's a Nintendo Direct not E3..

Never stopped people before :p

Nintendo have been consistently underwhelming over a period of two years and people have started to realise that disapointing their fans is kinda Nintendos new main USP.

New games still doesn't have to mean Brand New. Pikmin 3, Game and Wario, Wii Fit, Wonderful 101 (published by Nintendo) etc... would still fit the criteria.

Something from Monster Games or Retro would be epic!

The keyword is "reveal". Sure, the games you mention might appear, but we're definitely getting something that was previously unknown to us.

Even if it ends up being something disappointing, it's only human to want to know what's in the mysterious box! :bouncy:

Dragon Quest X is new... outside Japan. And it might as well be a Nintendo game, right..?

FUUUUUUUCKING HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE. lol.

Here have music to pump you up

Is it just Nintendo games if it is I can't think of anything new we won't get Zelda Wii U tell E3 but would we get a Pokemon Wii U game and Animal Crossing Wii U

I did think Mario Kart was a great shout... but then if we're to expect it for Christmas maybe?... it would be a bit early.

Retro Studios and Monster Games count as First Party right?

I did think Mario Kart was a great shout... but then if we're to expect it for Christmas maybe?... it would be a bit early.

Retro Studios and Monster Games count as First Party right?

For the most part, yeah. Especially if they're using legacy franchises

Wii U Music meets this criteria!

Honestly, I'd love to see that happen. Wii Music is one of my favourite Wii games and has a lot of potential in a sequel!

Why does this ND have to happen while I'm working!? I'll have to wait for the whole day to end before I can watch it and find out what's going on!:cry:

Edited by Dcubed

Is it just Nintendo games if it is I can't think of anything new

You can't think of any 1st party titles apart from the usual suspects (Mario & Zelda) that Nintendo could announce tomorrow, really?

Here, I'll help you...

Donkey Kong

Excitebike

Fire Emblem

F-Zero

Golden Sun

Kid Icarus

Kirby

Metroid

Nintendogs

Pilotwings

Punch-Out

Star Fox

Wario Land

Wave Race

Yoshi Island

Nintendo have so many gaming franchises, its not just limited to Mario, Zelda, Pokemon & Animal Crossing

If Nintendo announce anything tomorrow I want something completely new. Or a franchise completely revolutionised. Putting Mario in space doesn't change a whole lot for me I'm afraid.

My money's on WiiU Can Music 2: The Revenge of the Vitality Sensor! Clip it to your nuts, and off you go to an exciting audiovisual journey of pleasure and pain : D

The dream would be Nintendo realise how much they are messing up Mario Kart and just give the whole lot to Monster. They then give the next Zelda to Retro.

Make me be leaf, Nintendo.