Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox One Console Discussion

Cube

Games with Gold has started on the One, with Halo Spartan Assault and Max: curse of brotherhood the first games available. I'll download both, but looking forward to Max more than Halo in this instance :)

Both games are great. I picked them up soon after I bought the console. Max is very charming and has some great gameplay ideas.

Both games are great. I picked them up soon after I bought the console. Max is very charming and has some great gameplay ideas.

Really like the look of Max, I was debating picking it up when I heard it was going to be part of the promotion, so held fire! Had yesterday off and now not really at home for the rest of the week which is a shame as won't be able to crack on until next week!

I played some Halo found it pretty bland to be honest....

Cannot wait to play some of Max though!

What are people's predictions for July?

I played some Halo found it pretty bland to be honest....

Cannot wait to play some of Max though!

What are people's predictions for July?

The main issue I had with Halo was that only a few missions were for online co-op. I don't see why the whole game wasn't? I still enjoyed it though but out of the two, Max is definitely the better game.

Possibly Crimson Dragon. I know it's half price at the moment but it has GoG written all over it, so I will happily wait a bit longer .

The main issue I had with Halo was that only a few missions were for online co-op. I don't see why the whole game wasn't? I still enjoyed it though but out of the two, Max is definitely the better game.

Possibly Crimson Dragon. I know it's half price at the moment but it has GoG written all over it, so I will happily wait a bit longer .

Yeah...I thought Crimson Dragon and Sony often do that trick of putting a game on sale and then adding it to plus. I think Ryse is quite a good candidate if they end up putting retail games on there as well because it does have micro transactions so it's possible they will still make some money.

Theres a new Xbox Live Events app for Xbox One to download if you want to catch the press conference both live and after the event. I'm glad it's there means I can get to watch it hopefully relatively rumour free when I get in to work. Without trying to navigate the net spoiler free!

Theres a new Xbox Live Events app for Xbox One to download if you want to catch the press conference both live and after the event. I'm glad it's there means I can get to watch it hopefully relatively rumour free when I get in to work. Without trying to navigate the net spoiler free!

I can't wait. They really need to deliver to get the One back on track and in the minds of gamers. I'm expecting good things from this showing. In Phil I trust! : peace:

I can't wait. They really need to deliver to get the One back on track and in the minds of gamers. I'm expecting good things from this showing. In Phil I trust! : peace:

What else other than the previously announced Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 are you expecting as stuff coming this year that will get people buying the one though? I do personally think a lot of the E3 new reveals will be for 2015 titles.

For me there are 3 things I'd like to see this year:

1. A Rare franchise being resurrected - not expecting it to be developed by Rare as such but the success of the well receiver Killer Instinct shows there is still desire for their games.

2. Summer of Arcade returns - use a summer of arcade style program to heavily promote ID@Xbox and finally get this indie push going to catch up with Sony include the likes of idarb, roundabout.

3. Master Chief Collection - I hope the recent rumours about this are true and the scope of the Halo 2 Anniversary edition has become larger to encompass other core titles from the 360, will give me a chance to catch up!

I wanna see more of Sunset Overdrive.

I would love for a Gears of War collection to be announced. I think we may see a Gears teaser, even if the game is miles off.

Halo 5 trailer and Master Chief collection.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Crackdown 3 teaser.

There's the rumour flying around about a big 3rd party game being exclusive. Many are speculating its a game by Platinum.

Phantom Dust may be returning. I never played the original on the Xbox but many are excited by this.

Anything from Rare that resembles a classic IP. With Kinect being tossed aside maybe now we can get a new Banjo/Conker/PD/Kameo.

Anything else will be a bonus.

Anyone else gonna be hanging around in the N-E chat room live while watching this?

Reckon that this might actually be the most interesting and exciting conference of the three! MS have their backs to wall, with a safe full of cash and a hunger for catching up to Sony... God only knows what that wallet could buy...

Just how good would a new Conker game be.

Without Chris Seavor or anyone else from the original CBFD team? Crap would be my guess...

Without Chris Seavor or anyone else from the original CBFD team? Crap would be my guess...

There are a lot of people who know how to make good games these days. I wouldn't say just because the original team are no longer there then they can't make a good game.

You know, a lot of places are going with the Halo Collection as being the big Halo title for this year to be unveiled later today and while that seems like it's going to happen, I'd actually like Microsoft to do another Halo Wars title. Yes, Ensemble was shuttered and it wouldn't be the "big" Halo game people wanted this year but I'd personally love to see another game in that series.

Perhaps even tying into or leading up to the events of Halo 5. From what I've heard, the ship from Wars (the UNSC Spirit of Fire for those that remember/played it) has reappeared in the comics (Halo: Extraction or something) and seems to be carrying flood spores so could nicely fill the Halo void this year with something new but also something which very nicely sets up elements of next year's game.

Just my thoughts anyway but would be nice to see them doing something like that. Not really sure what to expect from the conference really, besides the obvious obligatory showing off of Call of Duty, Halo 5: Guardians, Sunset Overdrive and a bunch of SmartGlass talk.

For convenience: Live Stream (with text commentary below)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-09-live-microsofts-e3-press-conference

Pre-show starts 5.00pm, proper show at 5.30pm.

All Microsoft really need to do to win back the crowd is go Games, Games, Games. If they don't, if it's all TV shows and sports again, they'll have truly dropped the ball.

I don't think they'd make that mistake twice. Scarred for life one would hope.

Edited by dwarf

I have to say, with Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and Halo Collection arriving at the end of the year ( as well as all the 3rd party stuff shown at both Microsoft and Sonys pressers ) i'm more confident than ever that I may the right choice last year with the purchase of the One over the PS4, especially after Sonys conference where nothing really excited me. I've had a blast with the One so far and it only looks set to continue. :yay:

I have to say, with Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and Halo Collection arriving at the end of the year ( as well as all the 3rd party stuff shown at both Microsoft and Sonys pressers ) i'm more confident than ever that I may the right choice last year with the purchase of the One over the PS4, especially after Sonys conference where nothing really excited me. I've had a blast with the One so far and it only looks set to continue. :yay:

Nice to read someone else who basically was in the same boat weighing things up as I was and feels vindicated with their decision. Let's hope this thread sees a bit action going forward.

Saw you playing the Dead Rising 3 is it as fun and insane as it looks?

This is a really good article that sums up a lot of the feeling around this years E3:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-10-sony-had-more-wow-moments-but-microsoft-has-closed-the-competence-gap

Nice to read someone else who basically was in the same boat weighing things up as I was and feels vindicated with their decision. Let's hope this thread sees a bit action going forward.

Saw you playing the Dead Rising 3 is it as fun and insane as it looks?

This is a really good article that sums up a lot of the feeling around this years E3:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-10-sony-had-more-wow-moments-but-microsoft-has-closed-the-competence-gap

It's hilarious and so much fun. It has so many nods to classic Capcom games.

You pick one of the 4 districts from the main game and then you have 5 rounds to play. You have various tasks to do, such as rescue the pixel hostages, beating zombie bosses dressed like Akuma and blowing up bombs. At the end of all the rounds your scores get tallied to see who won out of all the players.

There's plenty to unlock, with each of the characters having 5 outfits, each giving them different abilities.

It's awesome. :D

It's hilarious and so much fun. It has so many nods to classic Capcom games.

You pick one of the 4 districts from the main game and then you have 5 rounds to play. You have various tasks to do, such as rescue the pixel hostages, beating zombie bosses dressed like Akuma and blowing up bombs. At the end of all the rounds your scores get tallied to see who won out of all the players.

There's plenty to unlock, with each of the characters having 5 outfits, each giving them different abilities.

It's awesome. :D

Yeah I saw the Akuma boss when I briefly watched someone playing it on twitch. I think I'm sold.