NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Just got a text from DPD saying they're delivering it tomorrow. Looks like I will be getting this early after all :D

Mine coming tomorrow too!

But no one is in...

In other news, do any One owners have their Sky box plugged into their One? I know you can do it but I'm wondering whether it works well or not? I mean, do people even 'snap' TV to the side?! I think it's a good idea when I'm keeping track of a tennis match and I have to change the tv output and pause the game to have a quick look. But that's few and far between!

I am looking forward to testing all these little tricks out though. See how well this 'TV TV TV TV' works! :laughing:

Mine coming tomorrow too!

But no one is in...

In other news, do any One owners have their Sky box plugged into their One? I know you can do it but I'm wondering whether it works well or not? I mean, do people even 'snap' TV to the side?! I think it's a good idea when I'm keeping track of a tennis match and I have to change the tv output and pause the game to have a quick look. But that's few and far between!

I am looking forward to testing all these little tricks out though. See how well this 'TV TV TV TV' works! :laughing:

I don't use it now as we don't have cable anymore but when we did it worked amazing and the menus are so much cleaner, smoother and faster running than the boxes own. I did snap footie matches from time to time when it was a game I wasn't that bothered about.

I had a freeview box plugged into my Xbox One for a while and it worked ok but I never used snap and then when the novelty of having a new console disappeared I couldnt be bothered turning on the Xbox everytime I wanted to watch TV so took it out.

See I don't think I'd use freeview with it, but Sky would be a good one as I absolutely hate hate hate the Sky menus. It's just got worse and worse over the years and is so user-unfriendly! So I will deffo give it a try and see how I fare.

Got another text before, console is coming between 1 and 2. And no one is home. :(

Well, my dad is... but he's on nights so will be in bed. Hopefully he'll be up in time!

Well it arrived. I set it up nad logged-in and stuff and everything seems fine. Nobody told me about these long install times though >_>. I stuck in forza horizon 2 a while ago, asked me to install it and its only at 2% after 15 minutes or so. I heard they were kinda slow but I never thought it would be that bad >_<

Well it arrived. I set it up nad logged-in and stuff and everything seems fine. Nobody told me about these long install times though >_>. I stuck in forza horizon 2 a while ago, asked me to install it and its only at 2% after 15 minutes or so. I heard they were kinda slow but I never thought it would be that bad >_<

Hmmm that is super slow....Is that installing or downloading an update? It is something that was an issue with earlier games...but they are working on improving them. Shadows of Mordor took no time at all. Also at some point it should let you start playing.

Yeah check if its downloading an update at the same time. Thats what fucked up my Xbox One and put the install/download into a loop that didnt end until I had to manually disconnect from the Internet so it could install the game properly. One of the reasons why I hate the Xbox One so much.

Yeah check if its downloading an update at the same time. Thats what fucked up my Xbox One and put the install/download into a loop that didnt end until I had to manually disconnect from the Internet so it could install the game properly. One of the reasons why I hate the Xbox One so much.

I know you say this happened a lot but I've also seem plenty of PS4 videos with a similar problem of it pulling updates and not being able to apply them and all sorts! Also like I've said never happened to me! I must have installed 4/5 games on friday night ready for Extra Life and all went swimmingly.

: peace:

I thought Happenstance loved his One?! :p

Mine is here!

However, it isn't being opened until I've been the gym so off I go!

It was downloading an update first, then it started installing propper. After it hit about 3 or 4% it said it was reay to play. After that it went way quicker.

volgarr_screen_04.png

November's free Xbox One game as part of Games with Gold. Pretty happy watched some of this during Iron Galaxy's Extra Life Stream and looked good if a little hard! Only one game sucks though especially as Crimson Dragon has been part of it since August 1st has meant one new game a month since then.

Anyone who has him on facebook will know we also have another member of the Xbox family!!!! (don't wanna steal his thunder lol)

Edited by flameboy
Automerged Doublepost

So I've finallllllly unboxed it and found some space for the console! @S\.C\.G - you were right it is big! But not as big as I was expecting. I have seen one before, but it was tucked into a cabinet and didn't look huge, but it definitely is a big piece of kit!

I managed to fit it on my shelf (hooray) here is a pic of it with my other consoles!

15483009887_caeb509c3a.jpg

Now I just need that white PS4 and I got the set! :D

Not gonna happen yet though! Ha.

The console itself is really nice in white. Liking it a lot...

15645250496_b084d6b3ab.jpg

Shiny. :D

Aaaand one of the controller. Coz it's also sexy!

15670049582_88ab145d3a.jpg

Dat feel. So good.

So I hate the menu. :heh:

As expected... Haha. But I dunno how to move stuff about on it. Can you do that? Not that I'd know what I'd move an stuff... But I need to download some apps etc and it'd be good to have some of them on the main screen.

Everything seems tucked away and I'm not a big fan of that. I loved scrolling to the right on the 360 and seeing you friends list nice and clearly and what they were doing and seeing their avatars do a little jig etc... :laughing: gutted that's not there anymore. :/

Feels like it's lost some personal touch.

Also, I tried to download Sunset Overdrive as per my download code, was literally having none of it. Said there was an error. I'm guessing it's because I can't download it until midnight or tomorrow or something when it's actually released?

Sorry for all the questions!

The system runs so smooth and quick though. It sure makes the Wii U app opening and turning on and off seem archaic even though they have improved that a lot.

@\[b\]S\.C\.G\[/b\] - you were right it is big! But not as big as I was expecting. I have seen one before, but it was tucked into a cabinet and didn't look huge, but it definitely is a big piece of kit!

That's what they all say... :(

:indeed:

Seriously though it's nice to see a picture of your Xbox One, the white looks better than I expected, I tried to take a picture of my standard machine and it barely showed up but I did manage to take a couple of snaps of Sunset Overdrive as I unboxed my first One title! :D

Firstly the boxart is amazing...

i6hut5.jpg

Just a real joy to behold, seriously if I was you I'd consider selling the download code and buying a physical copy instead unless you get some bonus codes because you got the bundle?

Secondly I was really surprised when I opened the box...

aw006.jpg

...to find the disc on the 'wrong' side! How come nobody mentioned this? Unless they did and I just forgot, either way I was genuinely taken aback as I didn't know this was how Xbox One games were packaged! :heh:

Yeah my guess is that you won't be able to download your copy of the game until launch day but at least you've got your machine set up ready for it, I've just redeemed some gold, got my in-box dlc plus pre-order dlc from ShopTo plus my free games with gold which now work - yay! - and I'm ready to rock! : peace:

Sunset City here I come!

:awesome:

Hahahaha I lold. Poor wording there from me! :p

And yeah I did exactly the same thing when I opened Forza! I was like whut?! Why is the disc the other side?! But I kinda liked it!

Well, turns out my console just didn't want to download as it wouldn't download apps either. I turned it off and back on and it worked ok but Sunset Overdrive will only install to the system and won't actually be playable until tomorrow - or midnight.

I had a quick go on Forza after being very confused by the install it did :huh: and it was great. Can see me spending lots of time with the game! Didn't get chance to try out the battery plug an charge or the headset adaptor but will hopefully do all that tomorrow night.

Still confused by the console a bit. Find it all a bit difficult to navigate, it's very cumbersome despite being quick and fluid. The installs were the most confusing thing though. During Forza I got a notification saying install stopped. I didn't check what it was for as I couldn't be arsed so just turned the console off and am now in bed! Will find out tomorrow I guess!

Love to hear some Sunset Overdrive thoughts though if you get chance to play! : peace:

So I've finallllllly unboxed it and found some space for the console! @S\.C\.G - you were right it is big! But not as big as I was expecting. I have seen one before, but it was tucked into a cabinet and didn't look huge, but it definitely is a big piece of kit!

I managed to fit it on my shelf (hooray) here is a pic of it with my other consoles!

15483009887_caeb509c3a.jpg

Now I just need that white PS4 and I got the set! :D

Not gonna happen yet though! Ha.

The console itself is really nice in white. Liking it a lot...

15645250496_b084d6b3ab.jpg

Shiny. :D

Aaaand one of the controller. Coz it's also sexy!

15670049582_88ab145d3a.jpg

Dat feel. So good.

So I hate the menu. :heh:

As expected... Haha. But I dunno how to move stuff about on it. Can you do that? Not that I'd know what I'd move an stuff... But I need to download some apps etc and it'd be good to have some of them on the main screen.

Everything seems tucked away and I'm not a big fan of that. I loved scrolling to the right on the 360 and seeing you friends list nice and clearly and what they were doing and seeing their avatars do a little jig etc... :laughing: gutted that's not there anymore. :/

Feels like it's lost some personal touch.

Also, I tried to download Sunset Overdrive as per my download code, was literally having none of it. Said there was an error. I'm guessing it's because I can't download it until midnight or tomorrow or something when it's actually released?

Sorry for all the questions!

The system runs so smooth and quick though. It sure makes the Wii U app opening and turning on and off seem archaic even though they have improved that a lot.

Hey....so about moving things you can move stuff you have pinned but not anything else. It's also actually easier to move it using the Smartglass app...no idea why they don't let you press a button to bring up arrows around all the sides to let you move them.

I realised you may not even know what pinning is? Pinning enables you to put apps and games down the far left of the menu. It's brought up by going into your games and pressing menu and selecting pin!

Anyway yes I agree it makes all other OS' archaic but it does have some real usability issues along with some bits not quite working as fast as they should. Trust me though it's running way smoother than it used to. Also some bits are easier to do with Kinect...for example if I want to use a code I always say xbox use a code! and it's even better when they are the QR codes as there is no typing! Although by looks of it you are Kinectless?

That's what they all say... :(

:indeed:

Seriously though it's nice to see a picture of your Xbox One, the white looks better than I expected, I tried to take a picture of my standard machine and it barely showed up but I did manage to take a couple of snaps of Sunset Overdrive as I unboxed my first One title! :D

Firstly the boxart is amazing...

i6hut5.jpg

Just a real joy to behold, seriously if I was you I'd consider selling the download code and buying a physical copy instead unless you get some bonus codes because you got the bundle?

Secondly I was really surprised when I opened the box...

aw006.jpg

...to find the disc on the 'wrong' side! How come nobody mentioned this? Unless they did and I just forgot, either way I was genuinely taken aback as I didn't know this was how Xbox One games were packaged! :heh:

Yeah my guess is that you won't be able to download your copy of the game until launch day but at least you've got your machine set up ready for it, I've just redeemed some gold, got my in-box dlc plus pre-order dlc from ShopTo plus my free games with gold which now work - yay! - and I'm ready to rock! : peace:

Sunset City here I come!

:awesome:

Oh yeah I always forget about the disc on the other side. It's become so normal to me!

It's so nice to have new members on here who are Xbox One owners....we were severely outnumbered at one point, looks like we are catching up now! What games does everyone have all in so we can work out some multiplayer!

Oh man that white Xbone. Almost considered throwing caution to the wind when I saw that.

No. I will wait.

Oh man that white Xbone. Almost considered throwing caution to the wind when I saw that.

No. I will wait.

Yeah it's bloody nice isn't it! I have the titanfall white controller but something about a plain white is so much nicer!!!

Hey....so about moving things you can move stuff you have pinned but not anything else. It's also actually easier to move it using the Smartglass app...no idea why they don't let you press a button to bring up arrows around all the sides to let you move them.

I realised you may not even know what pinning is? Pinning enables you to put apps and games down the far left of the menu. It's brought up by going into your games and pressing menu and selecting pin!

Anyway yes I agree it makes all other OS' archaic but it does have some real usability issues along with some bits not quite working as fast as they should. Trust me though it's running way smoother than it used to. Also some bits are easier to do with Kinect...for example if I want to use a code I always say xbox use a code! and it's even better when they are the QR codes as there is no typing! Although by looks of it you are Kinectless?

Oh yeah I always forget about the disc on the other side. It's become so normal to me!

It's so nice to have new members on here who are Xbox One owners....we were severely outnumbered at one point, looks like we are catching up now! What games does everyone have all in so we can work out some multiplayer!

Yeah I discovered pins late last night after my last post! I actually think they're a really good feature. At least all the stuff you want or need is just to the side rather than trawling through a few pages to get what you want. I like you can pin apps and downloaded games there too. :yay:

And yeah, I'm kinect-less. Newer consoles are bundled without it and I don't have any need for it in my tiny room! Although I did notice when typing the Sunset Overdrive code in that it can be scanned with kinect which I thought was pretty genius!

It does seem like the One group is growing a bit! I had no idea there weren't too many with one until I was looking into getting one and ventured into here! :laughing:

But it's great to see that there's loads of discussion going on in here now! And that it's mostly positive! I mean, I understand all the consoles have their negative talking points and it makes for good talking comparing them, but the One does have its plus points which are worth shouting about too!

Will post more thoughts later once I've messed and played some more. Need to try out my accessories too! :D

---------------- double posted

Spent some more time this evening on the console. Everything seems to make a bit more sense now although I am still learning where everything is and how to change things.

I was noticing that every time I turned the console on, I had to sign in and enter my password. Every frickin time!! :shakehead but turns out there's an option to turn that off... So all is good now. :heh:

Everything has downloaded and installed nicely.

Unlocked a few achievements whilst playing Sunset Overdrive earlier. Very nice new achievement layout too. I like how you can immediately see what achievement you have unlocked by holding the home button, and how the achievement list 'snaps' to the side and let's you see what you've unlocked and not unlocked. Also like how it shows a percentage of how far you are into unlocking an achievement. Very impressed here. : peace:

I do enjoy an achievement hoard.

I tried my headset adapter out just now...

15491003869_0e5f656d57.jpg

I literally am so impressed with this thing. Obviously I only tried it whilst solo gaming, but the sound was great coming through my headphones rather than the TV! Having the option to flick between game sound and chatting in a party or online by just pressing a button is also really good, same with muting.

I dunno if PS4 does this with just a pair of headphones plugged into the controller (be even more impressive than this if it did!) but it's a great new gaming feature I've never really thought about before. But I love it. Definitely glad I picked one of these up!

Still not got round to plugging my sky box into the One yet and seeing what it's like through that, but am quite eager to do so. Will probably be tomorrow now as I've spent 2 hours on Sunset Overdrive and now wanna little blast on Forza before I get to sleep. :zzz:

So far so good though. I am feeling more and more content with my purchase the more time I spend on it! The games are helping of course, as both Forza and SO are incredible.

:)

Edited by Aneres11
Automerged Doublepost

Downloaded Sunset Overdrive last night. Started around 1PM and the download finished about 10 hours later. Then again I live in the middle of nowhere and I don't have fancy fiber optic like everyone else :P Its fun going by what I've played already. been playing more horizon 2 more than anything else. Advanced Warfare was sent out today so I might give that a look on Monday. Also the Halo collection a week after that.

So what is everyone's gamertag then? I know most of you have already given it but I can't be arsed trawling back... :heh:

I'm Aneres11

Need to add you lot so I can get some friends going, I only have about 4 at the min who play theirs quite regularly.

So what is everyone's gamertag then? I know most of you have already given it but I can't be arsed trawling back... :heh:

I'm Aneres11

Need to add you lot so I can get some friends going, I only have about 4 at the min who play theirs quite regularly.

I'm flameboyNE I did already add you!

I'm Aneres11

martinist2007 I think you're already on my list though.

I'm flameboyNE I did already add you!

martinist2007 I think you're already on my list though.

Just added you both. It seems I had 2 new activity alerts in the friend system which I only just seen from you both. So I accepted and then I became a 'follower' of you, which has now allowed me to view you as friends.

Think with the One, you both have to add each other? Is that right? The 360 was just someone has added you accept / decline. That was easier! Or has it always been this way?!

Flameboy - I didn't see your comment until just now re Sunset Overdrive, so I apologise! Cool that you can like and comment on others activities though! That's a good feature!