NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Surely they've reached the limit with EA Access at the moment though. What games have they released on the Xbox One?

Battlefield 4

FIFA 14

Madden NFL 25

NBA Live 14

Need for Speed: Rivals

Peggle 2

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Titanfall

Madden NFL 15

NHL 15

FIFA 15

The last three haven't been out long so the only two left are NBA Live 14 and Titanfall. Maybe we'll get NBA next, but I would only expect it when they release a new version. And Titanfall? Isn't (wasn't?) that a big seller on the Xbox One? I can't see them putting it in the program that fast.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection has 20GB day one patch to unlock multiplayer

Halo: The Master Chief Collection takes up so much room on its 45GB Blu-ray disc that you'll need to download a 20GB day one patch.

In a new blog post on Halo Waypoint, developer 343 Industries acknowledged the "large" download size but explained that it had not wanted to "cut corners" to try and cram everything onto a single disc.

"From the start, our philosophy has been to give Halo fans the best possible experience and not compromise the quality or features of the collection," executive producer Dan Ayoub wrote.

"The result is that Halo: The Master Chief Collection will take up almost all of the usable space of a single Blu-ray (45 GB), and we will also issue a content update at launch that is estimated to be 20 GB.

Each of the campaigns will be playable while you're downloading the day one patch, 343 continued.

"You'll be able to start playing Campaign and more as the content is installing, with some features and multiplayer content being added via the update. Yes, the update is large, but we weren't about to cut corners to save disc space.

"This ensures that you are getting every bit of Halo goodness we can fit in. Our work is not done, however, as we continue to tune, tweak and optimise the online experience to ensure a smooth multiplayer launch. This will continue right up until launch day."

The Master Chief Collection contains Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, the newly-remastered Halo 2, plus Halo 3 and Halo 4, as well as every multiplayer map ever released for each game and a sneak peek at Halo 5.

The 10-episode Halo 4 co-op experience Spartan Ops will also be available - but now in December, 343 explained. Extra "technical enhancements" are required to get the content working "smoother and even better than before", but all episodes will be available at the same time.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-17-halo-the-master-chief-collection-has-20gb-day-one-patch-to-unlock-multiplayer?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

Grumble grumble

So much for all the content being on a single disc. :heh:

Couldn't they have just put a multiplayer install disc in the box as well? Its been done before on the Xbox 360... perhaps that would up the price by another £5 though taking the RRP beyond £50 so maybe not.

#NextGen! :indeed:

Almost as #nextgen as Drive Clubs online service oooohhhhh etc ;)

Anyway, seriously I agree, utter nonsense! One thing I don't think Nintendo get credit for is if you download their first party games, the file sizes are so small and economical towards your hard drive. Third parties games are huge by comparison, more should be done to make these games download and hard drive friendly!

As for EA Access, surely 6 games in the first few months is more than enough?!

Despite having to download 20 extra gigs and how annoying that is, I do understand I guess. I mean its 4 full games in one we are getting.

Almost as #nextgen as Drive Clubs online service oooohhhhh etc ;)

Anyway, seriously I agree, utter nonsense! One thing I don't think Nintendo get credit for is if you download their first party games, the file sizes are so small and economical towards your hard drive. Third parties games are huge by comparison, more should be done to make these games download and hard drive friendly!

As for EA Access, surely 6 games in the first few months is more than enough?!

Despite having to download 20 extra gigs and how annoying that is, I do understand I guess. I mean its 4 full games in one we are getting.

Yeah it's two side of the coin. Completely ridiculous to be honest. I would have preferred two discs to install and then having to keep one of them in the drive to play. A 20GB download won't take me too long but download caps grumble grumble.

Surely they've reached the limit with EA Access at the moment though. What games have they released on the Xbox One?

Battlefield 4

FIFA 14

Madden NFL 25

NBA Live 14

Need for Speed: Rivals

Peggle 2

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Titanfall

Madden NFL 15

NHL 15

FIFA 15

The last three haven't been out long so the only two left are NBA Live 14 and Titanfall. Maybe we'll get NBA next, but I would only expect it when they release a new version. And Titanfall? Isn't (wasn't?) that a big seller on the Xbox One? I can't see them putting it in the program that fast.

One I have wondered if they will experiment with is start offering scaled pack version, like how PSN offered Killzone 3 with a level cap.

Hmm interesting idea, it's a shame we dont have any concrete figures on how well it sold as, I imagine, most One owners may have picked up a copy! Which would possibly stop them doing something like this. They should do something similar to FIFA 15 though, if you have EA Access you get exclusive burn cards or weapons.

I'm looking into getting either a One or a Ps4, have been for a while but haven't been inclined to buy either due to not desperately wanting anything either system had to offer just yet.

In all honesty, I haven't done much gaming the last few months in general. Been a little bored of games as weird as it sounds and not really felt like playing my 3ds or Wii U. Even new games like smash bros and others I've bought have had minimal play times. Nothing to do with the games, more me not really wanting to play.

Anyway, seems silly saying about buying a new console then :heh: but I do feel like the 'other 2' are offering something totally different to what I currently have (as has always been the case) and as I had a 360 and ps3 and enjoyed so many games on them, it was always going to happen.

I was dead set on a ps4 in March time, and didn't see much changing my mind but decided to hold off buying one until something came out I really wanted. For the PS4, there hasn't been anything yet. But then Sunset Overdrive happened...

Game looks so good. Like really impressive. Watched some live steam of it before and some videos of people playing it and it really seems like a great game. I've just had another look at the games line up for the Xbone and I'm really impressed with it. The new Forza looks brilliant. I had my first experience of the series a few months back at a mates who had the last version for the One and enjoyed that, so if definitely look at picking this up.

I also saw a game called Ori and the blind forest which was announced at E3 this year for One. That impressed me no end.

Dead Rising 3 is a game I really wanna play as well as a Project Spark which is intriguing me the more I look into it.

There's a load of third party games I haven't got round to playing yet such as Tomb Raider, GTA, Watch Dogs etc.

The white Xbone is releasing with Sunset Overdrive for £349.99 so I'm pretty tempted to take the plunge with it. I have read a few opinions on the One here and I know there's like 2 (?) people who like it :laughing: so I dunno if my post will be met with enthusiasm or not ha, but for those who do have one, do you enjoy the system? I've had a hands on with one and thought it was ok minus the dreadful interface but my mate had managed to remove half the crap that's not really needed on the home screen etc and it made it seem more bearable.

The Ps4 is still very much an option, but I like some of the games I'm seeing for the One that make me excited about the console. Decisions decisions eh.

I'm looking into getting either a One or a Ps4, have been for a while but haven't been inclined to buy either due to not desperately wanting anything either system had to offer just yet.

In all honesty, I haven't done much gaming the last few months in general. Been a little bored of games as weird as it sounds and not really felt like playing my 3ds or Wii U. Even new games like smash bros and others I've bought have had minimal play times. Nothing to do with the games, more me not really wanting to play.

Anyway, seems silly saying about buying a new console then :heh: but I do feel like the 'other 2' are offering something totally different to what I currently have (as has always been the case) and as I had a 360 and ps3 and enjoyed so many games on them, it was always going to happen.

I was dead set on a ps4 in March time, and didn't see much changing my mind but decided to hold off buying one until something came out I really wanted. For the PS4, there hasn't been anything yet. But then Sunset Overdrive happened...

Game looks so good. Like really impressive. Watched some live steam of it before and some videos of people playing it and it really seems like a great game. I've just had another look at the games line up for the Xbone and I'm really impressed with it. The new Forza looks brilliant. I had my first experience of the series a few months back at a mates who had the last version for the One and enjoyed that, so if definitely look at picking this up.

I also saw a game called Ori and the blind forest which was announced at E3 this year for One. That impressed me no end.

Dead Rising 3 is a game I really wanna play as well as a Project Spark which is intriguing me the more I look into it.

There's a load of third party games I haven't got round to playing yet such as Tomb Raider, GTA, Watch Dogs etc.

The white Xbone is releasing with Sunset Overdrive for £349.99 so I'm pretty tempted to take the plunge with it. I have read a few opinions on the One here and I know there's like 2 (?) people who like it :laughing: so I dunno if my post will be met with enthusiasm or not ha, but for those who do have one, do you enjoy the system? I've had a hands on with one and thought it was ok minus the dreadful interface but my mate had managed to remove half the crap that's not really needed on the home screen etc and it made it seem more bearable.

The Ps4 is still very much an option, but I like some of the games I'm seeing for the One that make me excited about the console. Decisions decisions eh.

Wait...is this a wind up?! Also, there's 3 of us (I think...)

I have to say, I've never regretted my purchase for a minute, really enjoy my One.

The OS is being updated every month (ridiculous it started BEHIND the 360, but at least they are listening) which, I think, is a benefit of them being behind PS4 at this moment, means they are having to put everything into getting the advantage back, and we seem to be benefiting the most :)

Although I own the One and a U I'm no fanboy, and think PS4's success is phenomenal and it's great to see them leading the way again. However, from a software point of view, and software exclusives certainly, I think 2014 has been a better year for the One. Titanfall is brilliant fun, I'm convinced if it had been PS4 there would be the levels of chatter and game organising on here like there is for Destiny. Halo Collection, Sunset Overdrive, not to mention launch titles like Ryse which you could prob pick up for dirt cheap and which, although not re inventing the wheel, is good fun.

The One is in a really good place a year after launch, if you're thinking of picking up both anyway then I guess you'll get to enjoy the games and features of both at some point, but having owned one since Titanfall came out I'd say you'll really enjoy picking up a One (jealous of the White one too!)...plus as you say can customise out all the annoying bits from the dash board ;)

Would you go Kinect or Kinect free?

Wait...is this a wind up?! Also, there's 3 of us (I think...)

I have to say, I've never regretted my purchase for a minute, really enjoy my One.

The OS is being updated every month (ridiculous it started BEHIND the 360, but at least they are listening) which, I think, is a benefit of them being behind PS4 at this moment, means they are having to put everything into getting the advantage back, and we seem to be benefiting the most :)

Although I own the One and a U I'm no fanboy, and think PS4's success is phenomenal and it's great to see them leading the way again. However, from a software point of view, and software exclusives certainly, I think 2014 has been a better year for the One. Titanfall is brilliant fun, I'm convinced if it had been PS4 there would be the levels of chatter and game organising on here like there is for Destiny. Halo Collection, Sunset Overdrive, not to mention launch titles like Ryse which you could prob pick up for dirt cheap and which, although not re inventing the wheel, is good fun.

The One is in a really good place a year after launch, if you're thinking of picking up both anyway then I guess you'll get to enjoy the games and features of both at some point, but having owned one since Titanfall came out I'd say you'll really enjoy picking up a One (jealous of the White one too!)...plus as you say can customise out all the annoying bits from the dash board ;)

Would you go Kinect or Kinect free?

Lol to is it a wind up haha. No... but I can understand why you'd think that. Not a lot o'lovin round these parts. :heh:

Thanks for your reply btw, everything you said is right too, they started very shaky but seem to be doing a lot to make up for it.

Regarding Kinect, I don't think I'd bother with it. I don't have the space for it and there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of games to utilise it.

Yeah I had all 3 consoles last gen but I did a load of gaming then. I don't think I'd find myself with all 3 again any time soon which is why I'm trying to make the right decision for me now!

Titanfall is a strange one in that I played the beta with a mate and thought it was ok but didn't blow me away. Destiny does not look like my type of game at all. Plus I'm not huge on online play. Both consoles seem to be hugely online driven though which is cool, but I don't think I'd get loads out of that side of it.

I did think the One had better launch games, and their exclusives have definitely been more appealing from what I have seen. This Sunset Overdrive game is one of the first new games that has really got me excited, so it's definitely looking to be a system seller in my eyes!

I'll be sure to let you know if I end up buying one. Hugely tempted to put a preorder down, plus dat shiney white console do. :p

I like white things haha.

I think it really is down to what games you are interested in. For me the only game I want for the One is the Halo Collection at the moment, I have others but havent found them worth an entire console. As for the console itself and the OS I will always recommend PS4 over Xbox One, as I've said before I have had a terrible experience with my Xbox and do not like it one bit whereas my PS4s OS might be a bit spartan but it works just fine.

It also depends on how interested you are in multiplayer gaming and where your other friends are. PS4 seems to be the place for online if you want to meet up with other NE people but of course if you have other friends that have or will get an Xbox One then that could easily be another reason to go with that.

Thanks for your reply Happenstance. Yeah it kinda does come down to games with someone like me as I have never done much online gaming at all over the years. I do like online co-op but things like death matches and team hunt type things haven't ever really been my thing. I quite like lone gaming as sad as it sounds!

Both consoles have great gaming line ups, but the one has more in the way of exclusives that look to suit my tastes more than PS4. At the moment. I say that because I know what exclusives could and probably will come to ps4 which is what's making me unsure at the minute.

I read about the new One update that's coming and I had to lol at things they were letting you do, like adding a background image and improving search functions in the game library etc - how is that only being added now?! :laughing: But I guess if I get one after that I won't know what it was like before so might skip some of the early adopter frustration that seemed to be a little crazy!

I'll spend some more time today mulling it over. I may end up ordering a ps4 though if something puts me off haha.

I feel bad really as I've added a few of the guys on here, but my work (and girlfriend) have really limited my time or being able to nail down any specific time when I can commit to playing online with anyone from here or my 'real life' mates either!

That being said, I haven't found that as a detriment to my One experience, there are still plenty of games to keep me entertained when playing alone; certainly all the games with Gold that I've downloaded like Max and Chariot are single player focussed (or local co-op like Chariot) and are really great fun!

Anyway yes certainly sounds like it'd be worth checking the release schedules for both and seeing which exclusives appeal more to you and basing it on that :) good luck on choosing your next console! :D

Soo I ordered a One.

I have spent my day off (as my tennis was cancelled) just reading reviews, watching gameplay videos, checking out what's coming out and the One fits more of my wants at the min than the PS4. It's so minimal though, it's literally only the exclusive games that have swung it. Just a much stronger showing from Microsoft on that front.

Was £349.99 for the white console and Sunset Overdrive which I think is pretty good. I'll prob end up picking up Forza to go along with that too and maybe try and get Dead Rising on the cheap!

I'm pretty excited! More for the games than anything else. Now I need to find some damn shelf space for it. It's not exactly svelte like the PS4 is!

Soo I ordered a One.

I have spent my day off (as my tennis was cancelled) just reading reviews, watching gameplay videos, checking out what's coming out and the One fits more of my wants at the min than the PS4. It's so minimal though, it's literally only the exclusive games that have swung it. Just a much stronger showing from Microsoft on that front.

Was £349.99 for the white console and Sunset Overdrive which I think is pretty good. I'll prob end up picking up Forza to go along with that too and maybe try and get Dead Rising on the cheap!

I'm pretty excited! More for the games than anything else. Now I need to find some damn shelf space for it. It's not exactly svelte like the PS4 is!

Haha it is a bit of a unit, forgot to mention that...;)

Congrats! Hope you have as good experience with it as I have, when is the delivery date! For some reason I think Sunset is released 28th, but I think that's the American launch?

Feel free to add me on Live too, gamer tag is the same as Wii U one, "Stankind". If you get it before the end of the month def download Chariot, as its free, great fun!

Haha it is a bit of a unit, forgot to mention that...;)

Congrats! Hope you have as good experience with it as I have, when is the delivery date! For some reason I think Sunset is released 28th, but I think that's the American launch?

Feel free to add me on Live too, gamer tag is the same as Wii U one, "Stankind". If you get it before the end of the month def download Chariot, as its free, great fun!

I hope so too! But I'll be sure to let you know anyway. I'll probably be asking you loads of annoying questions! How do I do this?! Where do I find that?! Etc :heh:

Deliver is just 'expected 31st October'. It may come before but I expect it on the Friday of release. I literally cannot wait to get my paws on Sunset Overdrive. Looks amazing. Reminds me of Jet Set Radio and a shooter all in one. Or a colourful InFamous! :)

I may well get it in time to download that game, hopefully!

I'll definitely add you once I've got it. I'm looking forward to building my gamer score again ! It wasn't high before anyway, but I did enjoy an achievement haul every now and again!

You looking at picking Sunset Overdrive up Kaepora?

I look forward to hearing your regrets on buying it! :P

Oh gee thanks! I'm hoping there won't be any!

I think it really is down to what games you are interested in. For me the only game I want for the One is the Halo Collection at the moment, I have others but havent found them worth an entire console. As for the console itself and the OS I will always recommend PS4 over Xbox One, as I've said before I have had a terrible experience with my Xbox and do not like it one bit whereas my PS4s OS might be a bit spartan but it works just fine.

It also depends on how interested you are in multiplayer gaming and where your other friends are. PS4 seems to be the place for online if you want to meet up with other NE people but of course if you have other friends that have or will get an Xbox One then that could easily be another reason to go with that.

Soo I ordered a One.

This is basically how I felt....There are were more games out at launch that interested me and I still stand that conviction. This year Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2 and Halo appeal to me way more than Driveclub (haha what a shitty game) and LBP 3. Going into next year as well there is a whole bunch of stuff that excites me way more than PS4 exclusives. My one disappointment is that PS4 has been slightly better at securing indie titles, ID@Xbox does have stuff coming but it seems slow and steady thus far.

Yeah it was all about the games when it came down to it.

And as you say, the trend does look to continue moving into next year.

I've already piled up a list of games I want to buy so I know I'll have stuff to keep me going for a bit anyway!

The indie presence is definitely bigger on ps4 which doesn't really worry me now I've ordered a One, but it is something that Ps4 gamers have got when there isn't a retail release that interests them for example. Will just have to see how Microsoft go about that moving forward.

@Aneres11, if you don't get Alien Isolation, I will disown you and eat all of your household biscuits whilst you are not looking. I mean it.

Driveclub (haha what a shitty game)

u w0t m10-2?

Drive Club isn't shitty at all. There's still areas for improvement, but the patches/updates are coming and the game will be even better than it is when the year is out. The driving is tight and very satisfying. Once the dynamic weather is added the game is going to be even more hnnnnnggggg.

You guys buying X1's - I take it you're not a huge fan of Japanese games? :p

Honestly though, a quick look at the PS3 vs 360 exclusives last gen and the former decimated it. Especially in the last few years...kinda felt like Microsoft just gave up. Very little of interest to me on the X1, and I have no reason to believe it'll be much different. The only thing it will have that I want is Tomb Raider, which isn't even really an exclusive unlike Uncharted.

Edited by Sheikah

@Aneres11, if you don't get Alien Isolation, I will disown you and eat all of your household biscuits whilst you are not looking. I mean it.

Haha I haven't looked into that yet. I just saw one review score (think it was IGN) and it wasn't a great score (not that that would affect my opinion at all, it's IGN after all :heh: ) but I will scout it out!

Guessing it's good then?!

And re the previous gen first party efforts, I always felt the opposite. My PS3 became my blu ray player and I got most of my gaming out of my 360. Different strokes for different folks. (Always found that saying a bit odd :laughing: )

Did you get many games for PS3 in the last few years? So many exclusives. I can't remember, what did the 360 have in the last few years that was exclusive? Fable 3?

Good edit. ;)

The last few years, no i didn't to tell the truth. I had a bit of an awareness of the games that were coming out on ps3 though and the exclusive titles were indeed much stronger than 360 towards the end of the consoles life (if I can say that (?) what with games still coming out for it), but I never got round to playing them. The only 2 that spring to mind for me though are Ni No Kuni and Last of Us but with one being remade I'm sure I'll get to play that at some point in the future.

There will be more than those 2 I'm sure, but it doesn't particularly bother me that there may have been a few more exclusive titles because I'm looking at the here and now. And I'm buying what's on offer at the minute and looking to what's coming up in the next few months going into next year, and the One has a stronger list of exclusives for my personal tastes.

And regarding what exclusives the 360 had in its last few years other than Fable, I don't know, sorry.

Could be that they were developing One titles? They did have some solid exclusives day one after all, arguably more than ps4, though again that's a preference thing.