N-Europe

N-E Band Aid, remember people?

EEVILMURRAY

As it's Christmas time it's when I listen to all versions of the Band Aid classic. And our delightful cover I suddenly remembered, it still certainly stands the test of time.

I know it's been in my signature pretty much ever since, but have any of you reunited yourself with this N-E classic since that time? Plus our newer members won't have any idea of this awesome display of teamwork. For those new to us the original thread got the ball rolling but it was only a year later did we finally get our arses in gear. Needless to say our rendition of Perfect Day seems to have been pidgeonholed.

I must confess it's not as magical as I quite recall, but it inspires me to redo it. But with a few alterations. Anyone feeling it?

DOWNLOAD THE THINGY LINKZ IN DA SIGZ.

We hit the same problem as with Band Aid. Many people were willing to contribute but failed when it came to delivering their efforts.

T'was a shame since Danny had some awesome footage sent to me, coupled with my own we had somethingnspecial. Butncouldn't hog it for ourselves

My new concept for the (potential) Band Aid would be with the style of the second (1989) version [i've just downloaded the proper instrumental so it sounds mounds better than the kareoke version I paid for years ago) but following the artist use of Band Aid 20 having more then one person singing a line. And we could have some bits where maybe friends could join eg. My girlfriend could join me in some lines. It would be sexy.

We hit the same problem as with Band Aid. Many people were willing to contribute but failed when it came to delivering their efforts.

T'was a shame since Danny had some awesome footage sent to me, coupled with my own we had somethingnspecial. Butncouldn't hog it for ourselves

My new concept for the (potential) Band Aid would be with the style of the second (1989) version [i've just downloaded the proper instrumental so it sounds mounds better than the kareoke version I paid for years ago) but following the artist use of Band Aid 20 having more then one person singing a line. And we could have some bits where maybe friends could join eg. My girlfriend could join me in some lines. It would be sexy.

If we do the new Band Aid, I wanna do Dizzee Rascal's part but I think we should definitely do a Christmas song.

There was no Band Aid 20. It didn't happen. You have all clearly remembered wrong.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be a new one where the rappers rap over the song, even though it doesn't fit the tune at all.

That seems to be the thing these days, like that All Along The Watchtower rap song that doesn't exist.

We 'aint having none of that "stereotypical black rapper sings 3/4 into the song" shit.

Good. I kind of want to do a Christmas song that's cheery and upbeat that isn't Band Aid. I don't mind doing Band Aid again but there could be another Christmas song we could do, what would you guys want to do?

Good. I kind of want to do a Christmas song that's cheery and upbeat that isn't Band Aid. I don't mind doing Band Aid again but there could be another Christmas song we could do, what would you guys want to do?

Let it snow. The rhythm is syncopated enough.

@EEVILMURRAY: I've only got my iPad, so I can either do my bits over Skype or send you the files via the crappy recording program I've got. Can you send me the backing track?

Shame we couldn't do some kind of medley of Christmas songs or something, that could be fun. Or we could write our own.

I think the girls and boys of N-E should do a duet and sing Baby, It's Cold Outside. How many females are on N-E who are active?

Shame we couldn't do some kind of medley of Christmas songs or something, that could be fun. Or we could write our own.

I think the girls and boys of N-E should do a duet and sing Baby, It's Cold Outside. How many females are on N-E who are active?

This?!

It sounds awful.

This?!

It sounds awful.

There's an older version of it that's better but I was thinking something along the lines of another Christmassy song like Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas or White Christmas or something. ::shrug:

.....active.....sexually?

Maybe...depends on if they're offering...::shrug:

Count on me. Let me handle the harmonies as well this time.

You mean my skills with Goldwave/Audacity wasn't good enough?!

:(

Good. I kind of want to do a Christmas song that's cheery and upbeat that isn't Band Aid.

If we can all* agree on a song then bring it on. But should a mass project go ahead I'd like to do Band Aid properly. The crappy kareoke backtrack lets it down compared to our pristine vocals. If only I downloaded the Band Aid II instrumental back then, and if I had the ideas I have now involving more singers on lyrics back then... It would've been much more sexier.

Shame we couldn't do some kind of medley of Christmas songs or something, that could be fun.

It took almost two years to get one song done, I shudder to think how long a medley would take to assemble :p

We should get something ready for next christmas and take the charts by storm.

*enough people ¬_¬