NEurope
Daft

The 'Other' Wii U Thread

They don't love Mario enough to buy another console. They love Mario enough to buy it if it released on the console they already have.

The people who love Mario enough to buy a console would also buy the PS4 by that logic.

Yes, I do and no they wouldn't.

If people had the choice between paying 60€ for a Nintendo game on a PS4 or forking out another 200-300€ for a Nintendo console to play a Nintendo game...well, you get my point.

Nah, I think generally the PS4 and X1 have too many other games in the same genre bracket that will rival Nintendo's offering and they wont have the pedestal they have being on Nintendo consoles.

Pokémon will always do well because there is nothing quiet like it.

Edited by King_V

Pretty sure that a Zelda on those consoles would destroy the likes of Horizon, or Mario would destroy every platformer available just by name alone.

They might not be on the same pedestal as they are on Nintendo consoles but they could reach a similar spot.

Games like Splatoon and Pokken definitely won't have a chance against Battlefield, CoD and Street Fighter, though.

Pretty sure that a Zelda on those consoles would destroy the likes of Horizon, or Mario would destroy every platformer available just by name alone.

They might not be on the same pedestal as they are on Nintendo consoles but they could reach a similar spot.

Games like Splatoon and Pokken definitely won't have a chance against Battlefield, CoD and Street Fighter, though.

Maybe the likes of Ocarina and Majora, but TP and SS, with their average near shallow storylines I don't believe will stand out that much amongst the depth available on non-Nintendo consoles.

And with the Miyamoto effect ie lack of online modes, I don't think a lot of Nintendo games will be particularly attractive to that audience. Nintendo can largely take the piss on Nintendo consoles with Nintendo fans because they know with the strong nostalgia factor, we will lap up anything they serve - even if its behind the times in terms of modes, storyline depth and character interaction.

I imagine that Splatoon could gather an audience in the same way that Overwatch and Rocket League have. The thing about having a larger userbase is that you have lots of little sub-groups and crowds. It's not a single hive mentality of COD or GTFO.

There's also going to be a section of fans who play on everything, e.g. they own a PS4 and another system. If there's a PS4 version of a game and a WiiU version and it's online focused, you'd imagine that many would go for the PS4 version. Especially if the crowd is larger there, since it'll make it easier to find a game.

Maybe the likes of Ocarina and Majora, but TP and SS, with their average near shallow storylines I don't believe will stand out that much amongst the depth available on non-Nintendo consoles.

Of course not all Nintendo games would be successful/stand out, but I believe a majority would.

I imagine that Splatoon could gather an audience in the same way that Overwatch and Rocket League have. The thing about having a larger userbase is that you have lots of little sub-groups and crowds. It's not a single hive mentality of COD or GTFO.

You might be onto something. Can't believe I forgot about how games like Rocket League have been incredibly successful. I guess Splatoon could get quite an audience on other consoles.

Can anyone bother to dig out figures for the first Nintendo Sonic game (compared to the last one on Sega and other games at that time)? Closest reference point we have.

I thought I'd posted in response to drahkon, but apparently not! I thought similarly to dazzybee and the Splatoon line - sales do feel like they'd be higher on Wii U because it's more of 'that' sort of game. Yet, again as drahkon/Flink says, the PS4 user base is pretty large and I think Splatoon could definitely find a home there, especially with the better online features. Hell, I'd possibly buy a Mario game on my PS4 just because I could party chat with my mates whilst playing, whilst I can't do that on the WiiU!

Now that the buzz after the NX news has gone I can honestly say: I don't give a damn about Nintendo's new hardware.

It was a little exciting reading about what the device (most likely) will be but because Nintendo didn't comment on that (did they?) the tiny bit of hype building inside me has disappeared again. ::shrug:

They need to announce it already...and in my opinion they should've capitalized on the talk the NX got out of the rumours (yes, I still consider them just rumours) and tease us a bit. Confirm the news, show a photo of the console...a little something would've been perfect in that moment.

It's really sad how indifferent I have become towards Nintendo and what they do. :(

A lot of people are assuming it will be shown next month. Patience young one.