N-Europe

Destiny

Dog-amoto

Managed to go flawless on first Trials of Osiris run (of this weekend)! Think it's the first lot of trials i've done for about 3 weeks!

Got the arc Jewel of Osiris from the Lighthouse, so that was cool, although would've preferred solar, of course!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And with a single nova bomb, I'm happy I didn't bother with Trials this week.

Not sure I'd have been a fan of the map rotation tbh. Nice every once in a while but I like the idea of getting better at a single map over the course of a weekend.

I don't even understand what the heck happened there shorty. Been avoiding destiny for awhile. The break has done me some good as I have actually had time to play some other stuff. Really want that weapon patch though. Think that will really reinvigorate my interest.

Someone's posted a bunch of rumours from second-hand sources about TTK, a lot of it sounds great, some of it fairly plausible, so it's nice to imagine it could be true.

Obviously a bit spoilery

Hello everyone, I have received some early information on the Taken King and Destiny 2.0. For the sake of confidentiality, I will not release the name or names of anyone that was involved in telling me this information. I can tell you for sure that I have certain connections with people that are in contact with others that are working on the release of The Taken King and other Destiny titles. Although this information is second hand, which I may let you believe or not, it is in very trusted people that i have obtained this knowledge. When it all comes down to it though, this is just speculation and can be changed in the future.

Now for the information:

Bungie is currently working on a Clans 2.0 in which you and your clan mates may be able to give each other buffs in game. These possibly earned through meeting certain clan requirements.

Cayde-6 and Zavala, the hunter and titan vanguard, both play big roles in The Taken King. Not quite sure how they will be incorporated though.

Artifacts are in fact not going to be relics, but something completely different. Quoted, "They are going to be much cooler, giving guardians new effects and new ways to play".

Although this is probably well known, Eris Morn will be a huge part in the story of The Taken King. Main quest giver.

There will be three separate bosses in the Dread naught raid as seen in the trailers. The big guys that stand out.

Something that sounds very exciting, the land tanks from Cabal will be seen much more throughout the quest line. Hinted that they will be usable in the quests!

The Cabal, even though they are being hunted and taken, they are still not going to be an ally in the main quest line. They will in fact turn to shoot at you just as they do in any other patrol or mission.

The new taken abilities of Cabal, Fallen, Vex, and hive are all going to be mirrors of supers or close to them. For Ex. dregs will put up bubble shields just like a defender titan would. They will be used to counter certain supers of guardians.

The Dread naught patrol will be much larger and contain much more then normal patrols. Hiding treasures and secrets that will take months to figure out. A planet in itself, but larger.

Saturn will not be explore-able. As I really hoped it might of been.

Bungie is working on a new form of ascending for Year 2 that I couldn't be told too much about. Stated, "It is too complicated to explain, but it will be similar to the current form of ascending that we know already". It will also have a way to "customize" yourself to be different then other guardians. Possibly shaders for guns?

Now for Destiny 2.0, this will be a completely new game. It is titled currently as "Destiny 2 - The Shattered Suns" and is planned for release on September of 2016. You will still be using your current characters. It will focus heavily on Osiris and his endeavors as he is the main quest giver in the game. A new form of enemy is said to be in development, Possibly Ahamkara? Couldn't get a straight answer from anyone on that. Mercury is also supposed to be a big player in "Destiny 2 - The Shattered Suns". The main area in which the guardian will explore. Bungie has also hired on Hollywood writers for the story of this game as well. A new voice for the ghost is also being implemented. Bungie apparently stated that they are not going to continue with DLC's, but instead release free raids, planets, etc. as DLC's. They will only be continuing with the main games after Year 1 ends with The Taken King.

Finally as a bonus, there is not going to be trading implemented into the game ever. Stated,"Activision got sent a letter regarding what not to do on a mmorpg, and trading was on that list". Also that there is no 7th chest in the VoG. It was just a bluff to keep us occupied for The Taken King.

I am welcome to discussion because i'm sure not everyone will believe everything in this post. Like i said, this is second hand information and cannot be fully proven till launch. All this info has been obtained by very trustworthy people though and i have never known any of them to lie. Thank you and stay frosty guardians.

Edit* I love all the discussion about this. Keep it coming.

Edit* Meant 6th chest by the way. My brain isn't working properly haha.

Edit* I have had people message me saying that certain things may or may not be allowed to talk about, but i want everyone to know that this is just complete speculation and I have only received this information based on casual talk while playing Destiny. Nothing I can call a solid answer. So please take everything with a grain of salt and have a great day :)

Link to the thread

I loved the part saying as a bonus, there will not be any trading in-game. But yeah, it does sound too good to be true. Free raids, planets etc being given out between Taken King and whatever comes in September 2016. Is that another way to justify the £40 price-tag for Taken King, is that the cost for the game and a years worth of DLC?. If they came out and said that, i would bet more people would bite and pay up.

This game just seems to be dancing around a subscription service. They should just go all in and do it already. Add dedicated servers, too.

Should do really, dedicated servers are a must for a game like this. Too much lag, i think Gears 3 had dedicated servers and it worked out pretty well in the end.

I'm only going to be doing Iron Banner and Trials til the DLC, which I will wait and see the verdict on. Speaking of Iron Banner, it's back and the loot is good :)

It is indeed! I'll be playing it over the coming days :)

Bungie should increase the Raid fireteam limit from 6 to 9 guardians for Post-TTK/Destiny 2 because it would be cool to split 9 guardians into three mini-fireteams composed of Hunters, Titans and Warlocks or Arc, Solar and Void and make a new raid that revolves those mini-fireteams.

Bungie should increase the Raid fireteam limit from 6 to 9 guardians for Post-TTK/Destiny 2 because it would be cool to split 9 guardians into three mini-fireteams composed of Hunters, Titans and Warlocks or Arc, Solar and Void and make a new raid that revolves those mini-fireteams.

Just give me 6 player patrols and I'll be happy!

You kidding? They've hardly convinced us they can make good enough 6-player content. VoG was a buggy piece of shit that's pretty amazing otherwise and Crota's End was a buggy piece of shit that was pretty uninspired and can be soloed.

Pretty happy getting Iron Wrath immediately on my first Iron Banner game of the month :D

Edit: @Sheikah this also has a good example of all I really mean by activating GG "round the corner".

Just as well you connected with that throwing knife! :)

It doesn't usually matter where I activate my super... I'm usually dead within seconds of appearing lol

Playing well in Iron Banner, team still losing. Standard.

Great kill streak. Radiance is similar to GG, you need to cook it round a corner to really maximise it.

That made me want to roll a Hunter. Just don't think I have the time to dedicate to three characters. I might even delete my Titan and role her into a Hunter. Tricky.

And the rest of it won't be easy because they'll make it ridiculously unfair, until we discover how they intended us to play it, and then when we in turn an even better way to play it, it will become easy as cake and utterly routine. Probably soloed.

I'll avoid the livestream, too. And try to avoid any big bit of info, don't want to spoil what potentially little there is.

Honestly, if they had all the enemies in Patrol +1 the level cap, that would be cool.