NEurope
Retro_Link

GT Play Wii U LIVE and Answer Your Questions

GT's say the triggers on the Pro Controller aren't all that great.

Also the analogue sticks are convex, where as I think most would prefer concave.

The analogue sticks are probably one of my only real problems with the XBOX 360 controller, actually.. I much prefer the convex sticks that we've been accustomed to on Nintendo consoles so I'm glad to see they're still that way on Wii U :grin:

So you can't sync two GamePads? I thought they said there'd be GamePads going on sale separately next year with games supporting multiple pads soon?

Yeah shame Nintendo haven't sent that out yet! Like they said, it's on sale in 20hrs time so they better get moving!

Good watch though, learnt a fair bit about it!

The analogue sticks are probably one of my only real problems with the XBOX 360 controller, actually.. I much prefer the convex sticks that we've been accustomed to on Nintendo consoles so I'm glad to see they're still that way on Wii U :grin:
They weren't rigged and grippy like the Nintendo analogue sticks in the past though were they, which is why they're great, the concentric circles. Were they not pretty smooth more like the PS3?

Pretty good watch! Not getting a console for a while so didn't seem like too much of a spoiler. Shame we didn't get to see the online or USB capabilities.

Think I also noticed they've also changed storage 'Blocks' to a storage 'remaining percentage bar' for Wii U.

I like the convex but then I haven't tried concave. Now that I think about it concave would seem more ergonomic. Going to check out photos of the controllers to see about the buttons layout though there is no substitute to holding it. Can't say I've ever had a complaint about their controllers. Maybe they could be bigger but I've got big hands.

Edited by Wii

I also want to know more about these 'Stamps'.

Although they mentioned having only noticed them in Nintendo Land (or was it Mario too) so far I think.

Although they mentioned having only noticed them in Nintendo Land (or was it Mario too) so far I think.

They had stamps in Wii Sports Resort.. I'm sure the ones in Nintendo Land will be something similar :smile:

They said they were in ZombiU.

So you can't sync two GamePads? I thought they said there'd be GamePads going on sale separately next year with games supporting multiple pads soon?

I think they meant you couldn't sync two right now, something that will change with firmware when something that will use too becomes avaliable

If they are like the Wii Sports Resort ones then they are essentially just achievements. Like on Wii Sports Resort you got one for collecting all the balloons while flying around in the plane.

They said they were in ZombiU.
I think they said 'have you noticed any in ZombiU' and the answer was, no not yet. Which made them think maybe it was a Nintendo First Party game thing until they maybe noticed them anywhere else.

I hope they finally stop with the stupid 'blocks'. I strongly dislike the ambiguity.

Yeah, no more blocks.

AyKI0.jpg

YYYYYEEES!

They had stamps in Wii Sports Resort.. I'm sure the ones in Nintendo Land will be something similar :smile:

If they are like the Wii Sports Resort ones then they are essentially just achievements. Like on Wii Sports Resort you got one for collecting all the balloons while flying around in the plane.
Ah yeah true I forgot about those.

The GT guys implied/made it sound like they were something else... but I guess maybe they'd forgotten about the Wii Sports ones too.