NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Need For Speed Most Wanted U

At first I was really impressed.

Now the game's made my Wii U crash twice in the last hour. Anyone else have this happen to them?

*Edit*

Make that thrice

Edited by Hogge

Not had a single crash with NFS and my Wii yet - though it seems temperamental about being connected, or not connected. I connect to the autolog dealie - then later it's all like 'not signed in, stop being a willy and connect!' and I thought I had.

Aside from that, I'm having fun. About 10 hours on it so far, 46%? single player completion apparently. I can see this will be more about doing everything with every car - in some ways it's quite different to what I expected; but it's satisfying so far so yay! Will need to organise a time for some proper multi-player at some point too.

Ummm...

So I uninstalled the FIFA demo, and now it works fine. Played it for an hour without it crashing.

I find the controls awkward. I think I'll return to my previous statement: not including analogue triggers was a moronic move by Nintendo. But the game really is great so far. I love how they included the Lamborghini Countach and Lancia Delta, two of my all time fave cars. Now just give me a Testarossa and a Saab.

The controls get easier and easier. I really don't care for analogue triggers, doesn't effect me at all with this game, that probably shows my level of skill with it though :)

Riiight... after my birthday I have the cash to buy this game, but I have just bought Batman and LEGO for the WiiU as well.

The question/choice I now have is this:

I want a fun racing game and this seems to fit the bill, but I have noticed Burnout Paradise (the Ultimate Box) on Steam for £9.99. Having been a Nintendo Only console guy I have never played this and it looks simlar if not the same as Most Wanted.

To anyone who has played both; Is is worth spending £35 more on the WiiU NFS:MW than spending £10 on an older game I have never played but looks fun?

One piece of information, Burnout 2 is one of my favourite racers ever.

Riiight... after my birthday I have the cash to buy this game, but I have just bought Batman and LEGO for the WiiU as well.

The question/choice I now have is this:

I want a fun racing game and this seems to fit the bill, but I have noticed Burnout Paradise (the Ultimate Box) on Steam for £9.99. Having been a Nintendo Only console guy I have never played this and it looks simlar if not the same as Most Wanted.

To anyone who has played both; Is is worth spending £35 more on the WiiU NFS:MW than spending £10 on an older game I have never played but looks fun?

One piece of information, Burnout 2 is one of my favourite racers ever.

I couldnt imagine anything more torturous than playing a game like this on the pc, but that's my personal preference. Both games are amazing, NSF isn't 3.5 times better then burnout. Depends if you like the idea of online onthe Wii u, and all the autologous stuff.

I couldnt imagine anything more torturous than playing a game like this on the pc, but that's my personal preference. Both games are amazing, NSF isn't 3.5 times better then burnout. Depends if you like the idea of online onthe Wii u, and all the autologous stuff.

I have the Xbox 360 controller for PC's therefore it'll be the same as the 360 version, only with better graphics surely?

I have the Xbox 360 controller for PC's therefore it'll be the same as the 360 version, only with better graphics surely?

Get that then. It's partly sat at a monitor which grates me, but like I say, if it doesn't bother you and the online stuff is fine, then get paradise

@Phube I had Paradise on my 360 well late down the line; it was certainly fun enough - but I felt if I'd been on it earlier the mutliplayer could have been awesome. One thing I'd say about current Most Wanted compared - it's a bit more need for speedy and a little less burnouty - mainly in that you CAN take stuff down/out, but it isn't as large a focus? It's still rather ripe fun though. Personally, from your post, maybe paradise will be more for you but MW is still a very cracking game when you get used to it.

It's missing most of the DLC.

I wouldn't recommend Paradise now. I spent over 1000 hours on it, but it was mostly due to the online community.

It's missing most of the DLC.

I wouldn't recommend Paradise now. I spent over 1000 hours on it, but it was mostly due to the online community.

It's called 'The Ultimate Box' I'd assume it has all DLC (it says it has bikes 'n' stuff) though I'm not sure what DLC there was?

It's called 'The Ultimate Box' I'd assume it has all DLC (it says it has bikes 'n' stuff) though I'm not sure what DLC there was?

It has the free DLC (timed challenges, bikes) as well as a turn based multiplayer mode. It doesn't have the Legendary Cars, Toy Cars, Cops & Robbers mode, Boost Specials, or the Big Surf Island and you can't buy them as EA refused to adapt the game to Steam's rules (they changed the rules so DLC for games have to go through them).

That's it, birthday money dropped! Most wanted purchased! See you all online!

That's it, birthday money dropped! Most wanted purchased! See you all online!

friend me so we can race online, also go on the online NFS page we are in the process of trying to arrange a regular meet up of N-europe members

To anybody who hasn't got this game yet: Buy it. It's 25 quid at Grainger Games and it is completely fucking awesome.

I love it. Even more so than I expected to. It's just...very fun. Everything is fun. Even when you mess up, it's still a great laugh. Can't wait to play some of you bitches on here. Leaderboards will be shattered. Times will be recorded. Anguses will be peppered.

Too bad the Wii U version isn't getting DLC.

Fortunately the game already contains the only cars you'll ever need: Lancia Delta and Lambo Countach.

Lamborghini.jpg

998.jpg

Although I'd like to see a DLC featuring a Saab Turbo X and Ferrari Testarossa.

One question: whom do you have to sleep with to use the Delta and Countach in multiplayer?

So I've been tempted by this game recently, but can I find it anywhere?!! Only places that have it are full price which I don't really want to pay! I'm also not overly keen on pre-owned either, though I guess I could go down that route. Looks like great fun, and it's been a while since I've played a game like this. Could do with it being reduced on the eShop ideally! (Never gonna happen... :heh: )

So I've been tempted by this game recently, but can I find it anywhere?!! Only places that have it are full price which I don't really want to pay! I'm also not overly keen on pre-owned either, though I guess I could go down that route. Looks like great fun, and it's been a while since I've played a game like this. Could do with it being reduced on the eShop ideally! (Never gonna happen... :heh: )

Unlucky, dude. If you had gone for it a week earlier, you could have got it from Grainger Games for £25 quid.

Want my advice? Get a link for the game and go to Flubit. @Rummy will vouch for you, both of us managed to get Pikmin for around 25 or so quid thanks to it. So, maybe take the grainger games link and input it into there, you might get a good deal?

Do you have Playstation Plus? If so Most Wanted is free from today.

Oh brilliant that's handy!

Cheers for posting Happenstance! Will get that downloaded later. :D

Also, Flink - I need to get on this flubit action! Will look at that for future purchases.

Thanks guys!

I know @david\.dakota is selling his copy if you're interested

My mate has just bought so we'll be on it quite a bit, so hopefully see you guys online. Amazing game.