NEurope
Hero-of-Time

EU Nintendo Direct 13th September 3pm

As long as they confirm the following, I'm happy

- Voice Chat via headset (none of this talking into the Gamepad mic crap)

- Friend list notifications pop up screen while playing a game, xbox 360 style

- No Wii U letterbox style messaging, I want instant messaging!

- Friend list similar to 3DS, shows whose online, what they are playing but as above, option to send IM, invite to game or voice / party chat.

- Party chat not restricted to everyone playing the same game.

Prepare for disappointment then. They won't focus on the online.

I'd love to see Reggie walk out on stage to the sound of the Black Ops 2 music, he has the tablet in his hand as he calls in a pinpoint airstrike by tapping the map on the screen in his hands. At the same time others come out using the wii-remote set up and the classic controller. They're all talking to each other using headsets. OMG, this is the definitive COD experience, on the WiiU. They're chatting, there's multiple control schemes, the tablet brings in a new ear of planning and tactical team based decision making.

But that ain't gonna happen. Instead it will be more like:

Heres's Mario, Wii Fit and Pikmin.

Here's a showreal and list of 3rd party games.

Here's the SKUs.

Then they'll ramble abou the success of the Wii and backward compatibility before moving on to mentioning a better online system via the Miiverse and touch maybe on the online store.

Then they'll tease there's more to come - expect a showreal of teasers and support from third parties and the announcment of gameswe didn't think were coming.

Finally, what we've all been waiting for.... price and date. Tahnk you and good night!

I bet they announce Black Ops 2 for Launch Day show off some of the online system for it which will seem impressive and then when it's all over people will realise they never mentioned voice chat or a headset....because there won't be one :cry:

So reckon we'll get any snippet of what Retro are up too? Or is that too much wishful thinking?

Aslong as they confirm day one launch games, price, packages I'll be happy. I keep looking at the list and thinking what i'll buy with the console, but need to get confirmation of what is day one.

I bet they announce Black Ops 2 for Launch Day show off some of the online system for it which will seem impressive and then when it's all over people will realise they never mentioned voice chat or a headset....because there won't be one :cry:

They've already said all Wii accessories will work with WiiU. The headset has sold really well. It'll work with COD. It will fit nicely in the front in one of the USB ports. Don't be surprised if we don't get an official Nintendo one too.

I am soooo hyped for COD. :bouncy:

WELL! i'm busy at work for one day ONE DAY and all this goes on

My Hype Levels ; low

I'm looking forward to it but the mystery behind it, the secrecy has worked negatively for me, they've quashed my hype!

That said i'm sure by 6pm thursday i'll be mega hyped, especially if @edza 's predictions come true! :)

I'm fully expecting a bombshell of anouncements and an apple style launch, in that they already have promotional materials winging there way to stores across the globe to put out next week, to build mega hype.

I'd love to see COD come that could be really cool and certainly a draw for "hardcore" gamers, it would also be cool if the special edition COD set that comes with a drone, can be actually controlled with the Upad, exceptionally unlikely but would be cool as!

I'm betting there will be to SKU's one main console set and an elite set that comes with Wiimotes etc

not sure i want to book the day off for it though, but 3pm means i can't watch it live

Day off work?! Doesn\t even start til 3 :) I'll be watching it at work but expect it to be mildly disappointing, but the start of a constant flow of news which will be awesome.

I work 8am-4pm and I didn't want to watch it at work, so figured I would have the whole day off. It will allow me to start my backlog battle as well. :D

I don't understand the confusion about wanting to use a holiday and watch it live. How is this any different from say taking a holiday to watch a football match live on TV? ( which I have also done )

Despite owning the HD twins and having issues with them this generation Nintendo are still my favourite gaming company. I guess you can say that i'm using a holiday to support my team. :D

I work 8am-4pm and I didn't want to watch it at work, so figured I would have the whole day off. It will allow me to start my backlog battle as well. :D

I don't understand the confusion about wanting to use a holiday and watch it live. How is this any different from say taking a holiday to watch a football match live on TV? ( which I have also done )

Despite owning the HD twins and having issues with them this generation Nintendo are still my favourite gaming company. I guess you can say that i'm using a holiday to support my team. :D

True. I guess it's not easy for everyone to watch it. Thought you'd want to save all your holiday for its launch :)

True. I guess it's not easy for everyone to watch it. Thought you'd want to save all your holiday for its launch :)

I've got another 14 days left to use. I think i'm safe. :D

I guess the biggest thing I am looking forward to is learning a little more about the console.

I still dont feel like I know all that much about it. So many unanswered questions.

With the Wii launch - I knew exactly what I was getting, and it was that which made it exciting when I finally got to play it. With the Wii U - still not entirely sure what kind of console I'm potentially buying into!

I don't expect any massive new details to come, but I certainly hope for some.

Couldn't really care less about COD - they don't do much for me on the PS360 so I won't be enticed for one on a Nintendo console.

I understand the importance of that game featuring on the console though. It just needs to play as well and have everything the other consoles have in terms of the online set up etc.

NCL has announced a presentation by Satoru Iwata tomorrow, Sep. 13th at 4 pm in Japan, covering launch details for the Wii U, including the release date, price, and information on the system itself.

And with that we are all set! :D

I'm obviously a huge Nintendo fan, but I'm also a big COD fan too. Treyarch have been a great supporter of Nintendo and the Wii and deserve the respect of Nintendo gamers.

When other tried party developers were giving the Wii the shaft, Treyarch stuck by it developing World at War, Modern Warfare Reflex, Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3.

What's more they not only pushed the Wii in terms of what it could graphically and technically, they also single handedly produced the best online system on the Wii with a proper headset, in game chat for everyone regardless of whether you were friends with that player, the ability to add random players to your friend list, full messaging support and the ditching of all restrictions that hampered online play.

What's more Treyarch developed the best FPS control scheme to exist on a home console. They really played to the strength of the Wii and the Wii remote making for fast and fluid aiming without the gimmicks that other developers opted for.

If any third party developer deserves a round of applause it's Treyarch. What's more, if any third party developer will have actually thought out great ways to implement the tablet it will be those guys.

I'm looking forward to their continued support and to see what they can do with the new hardware and the controller. You make not like COD - but I can assure you Treyarch like Nintendo and have shown more love to Nintendo gamers than most third parties.

Wow! And I thought that NOE was cutting it fine. That's 7 hours BEFORE the other 2 events! and only just over 20 hours to go!!! :D (8AM BST is a pretty kick arse time for me as well :) )

Now, what will be Iwata's gimmick this time... We haven't had a Nintendo Direct take place outside Nintendo's HQ yet...

Edited by Dcubed

The GAF Nintendo Threads are hilarious right now.

iyEhfTFS18YJO.gif

Wow! And I thought that NOE was cutting it fine. That's 7 hours BEFORE the other 2 events! and only just over 20 hours to go!!! :D

Now, what will be Iwata's gimmick this time... We haven't had a Nintendo Direct take place outside Nintendo's HQ yet...

Yup. Glad I did book a day off as now I have 2 conferences to watch. :D

That 4pm JST? So much for my getting sleep. Do we have details of a live stream? The Nintendo Direct page doesn't mention it.

Why'd Andriasang have to die

Edited by Serebii

That 4pm JST? So much for my getting sleep. Do we have details of a live stream? The Nintendo Direct page doesn't mention it.

Why'd Andriasang have to die

Nintendo Directs are always livestreamed, no reason to believe that this would be any different; and 8AM our time isn't bad at all (as far as Japan Time goes, it's pretty good - sure beats the stupid 4-6AM times I've had to wake up to before for this stuff!)

Ditto on Andriasaang :( So sad to see it go (Gematsu isn't bad, but Andriasaang was the best)

Edited by Dcubed

Why bother watching the Japanese one, you won't be able to understand any of it (I assume). Surely best to save the surprise for the EU broadcast

Word out of this week’s Famitsu is that SEGA is set to launch a teaser site for a mysterious new title, “Project Omega”. Some of the folks behind Jet Set Radio HD are apparently involved.

If the report is accurate, SEGA’s page will go live on September 13 in Japan.

Interesting...

Why bother watching the Japanese one, you won't be able to understand any of it (I assume). Surely best to save the surprise for the EU broadcast

That's half the fun! :D. Besides, they'll have different games and different sets of info if past NDs are anything to go by.