NEurope
Hero-of-Time

EU Nintendo Direct 13th September 3pm

You booked a day off work for an internet video stream?

I did the same thing :D

It doesn't get much bigger than this when it comes to announcements! (aside from console unveils, but this will probably end up giving us more info about the damn thing than we actually got at E3 2011 AND E3 2012 anyway :laughing:)

As long as they confirm the following, I'm happy

- Voice Chat via headset (none of this talking into the Gamepad mic crap)

- Friend list notifications pop up screen while playing a game, xbox 360 style

- No Wii U letterbox style messaging, I want instant messaging!

- Friend list similar to 3DS, shows whose online, what they are playing but as above, option to send IM, invite to game or voice / party chat.

- Party chat not restricted to everyone playing the same game.

Beware of over-hyping what will probably be a pretty standard price/date/first party line up reveal. Will there really be that much to get excited about? Hopefully I'm wrong

Beware of over-hyping what will probably be a pretty standard price/date/first party line up reveal. Will there really be that much to get excited about? Hopefully I'm wrong

It's a Nintendo Direct...people always overhype themselves for it

I think most people view this as the kick-off of WiiU media-onslaught as we head towards launch.

I can't imagine them sharing EVERYTHING with us, but I'd like to see them plan at least 1 more Nintendo Direct with a specific subject.

For instance post-launch games to get us fans hyped or a more intricate demo of the online system or something.

All I'm expecting, really wouldn't take a day off work for it. :blank:

Considering that we've seen nothing about the Wii U's OS/online features outside of a quick 1 min long clip of Miiverse and we know absolutely nothing about how the VC works, how transfers work, how the account system works, backwards compatibility features or anything at all about the Wii U eShop, I would hope (and expect!) to see some of that stuff here (not to mention how online play is setup and all that stuff, along with the built in apps!)

Considering that we're roughly 2 months from launch here, they haven't exactly got much time left to show this stuff!

Considering that we're roughly 2 months from launch here, they haven't exactly got much time left to show this stuff!

Unless you're expecting 2 months worth of footage, I'd say they still have plenty of time to show off stuff via a Direct or 2.

Unless you're expecting 2 months worth of footage, I'd say they still have plenty of time to show off stuff via a Direct or 2.

On average though, they do a Direct every 3 months.

I'm with Dcubed, there's a LOT for them to show. There was also all this stuff about allowing 3rd parties to be more liberal with their online systems so I'd like to see some evidence of that.

Realistically, I'm not expecting anything other than price, release date etc. In other words, the details. I don't want to hype myself up into expecting new games.

On the other hand, I am excited about it (I can't help it) and would certainly have the day off work if I could!

I wouldn't say that's plenty of time at all. Hell, 3rd parties need to know this stuff too! (even they havent been briefed on these aspects yet!)

2 months is already cutting it fine as it is. Adverts and POS materials will be appearing in stores about a month before launch and they would need to have already have shown these things by then!

On what planet is it ok to only unveil your online store and all it entails just a mere month before launch?! (unless it has turned out to be delayed and won't be launching alongside the system after all...)

No. The time to show this stuff is now; they're already late, any longer would be disastrous from a marketing perspective (let alone from a 3rd party relationship stance. They're gonna want to know how consumers are going to be buying their DLC after all!)

Edited by Dcubed

Shibata always seems more focused on the actual release, a quick trailer here and there. I don't think the European Nintendo Direct is going to have that much information aside from release details - I'm sure the bulk of the system information will come from Reggie and Iwata.

But the biggest question is... where will Shibata present from? The office? The warehouse? The canteen? The toilets?

Shibata always seems more focused on the actual release, a quick trailer here and there. I don't think the European Nintendo Direct is going to have that much information aside from release details - I'm sure the bulk of the system information will come from Reggie and Iwata.

But the biggest question is... where will Shibata present from? The office? The warehouse? The canteen? The toilets?

How many times will we hear him say mulch-playa?

Already getting my willy out.

I jest. I am still rather unwhelmed, but who knows...maybe I'll stay at work until 4oclock on Thursday and see what the conference holds(will need some text update business though). Literally the only thing keeping me interested in video games atm is my 3DS and a dude at work who is telling me he'll get a Wii U.

Btw, my guess is December release, November 25thish earliest but likely december; £199.99 price point.

I wouldn't say that's plenty of time at all. Hell, 3rd parties need to know this stuff too! (even they havent been briefed on these aspects yet!)

2 months is already cutting it fine as it is. Adverts and POS materials will be appearing in stores about a month before launch and they would need to have already have shown these things by then!

On what planet is it ok to only unveil your online store and all it entails just a mere month before launch?! (unless it has turned out to be delayed and won't be launching alongside the system after all...)

No. The time to show this stuff is now; they're already late, any longer would be disastrous from a marketing perspective (let alone from a 3rd party relationship stance. They're gonna want to know how consumers are going to be buying their DLC after all!)

Don't recall much information about any consoles e-shop prior to launch, except the usual 'there's an e-shop, you buy this and that with points/money'. Nintendo have never taken the internet seriously so doubt they'll blow you out the water with information.

Don't recall much information about any consoles e-shop prior to launch, except the usual 'there's an e-shop, you buy this and that with points/money'. Nintendo have never taken the internet seriously so doubt they'll blow you out the water with information.

They spent 3 months hyping up the 3DS eShop... (From GDC in March till its launch in June)

Btw, my guess is December release, November 25thish earliest but likely december; £199.99 price point.

I think that's quite optimistic, I think $299/£250 is more likely

I'm greased up and ready to go....this is the Megaton...I can FEEL it!

They'll be announcing the free online universe you can't get out of; the free sweeties that pop out of the machine when you turn it on; Iawata will have a direct feed to your U-mote display and appear for a chat when you pause a game; tiny Reggies will pour out of the console when you're playing alone and pick up the wii-motes for 5-player fun like the tiny Ashs in Evil Dead 2...this'll be drokkin' MAGIC!

...but no, I shouldn't really hype it up or anything...

...did I mention the out-of-the-box bjs?:yay:

You booked a day off work for an internet video stream?

I've cancelled all my social plans with friends for it.

Haha, just kidding.

I don't have any friends.

Day off work?! Doesn\t even start til 3 :) I'll be watching it at work but expect it to be mildly disappointing, but the start of a constant flow of news which will be awesome.

I still don't think we'll fully understandhow online works, or mii verse, or whether its friend codes or voice chat etc. Think it will be - it's coming on this date, cost this much, these are the bundle options, launch games, maybe some new 3rd part games - COD basically.

Then over the weeks we'll get more info on it.

I do worry the achivements, eshop, extra software, online functions are all going to be delayed. Nintendo never learn...

I'm not working that day, but I do have an appointment in town just after lunch, I am hoping that I can get that over with, grab some snacks and rush back home to watch it. I guess the things I want to see the most are a price, release date, bundles and maybe some new game announcements, as well as more information on already announced ones.

I wish games sites weren't blocked at the school where I work. :( Thanks to a 6 o'clock governors meeting, I won't be able to watch this until at least half seven...

I think that's quite optimistic, I think $299/£250 is more likely

I'm trying to be hopeful :p I think £200 will sell quite well, £250 not so much. Then again they might do a 3DS, sell it high and slash the price after a few months.

Realistically, I'm not expecting anything other than price, release date etc. In other words, the details. I don't want to hype myself up into expecting new games.

On the other hand, I am excited about it (I can't help it) and would certainly have the day off work if I could!

But, all third parties have been holding off about speaking of their games, due to Nintendo putting their foot down and screaming at them, "STOP IT! STOP IT!"

It must be the time for the 3rd parties to start releasing their info. too.

I'm expecting a reel of 3rd party games including, up to now, unmentioned and previously mentioned ones. I don't expect a glut of new games, but 2 or 3 would be lovely (CoD, Tiger Woods ,a First party game, etc.). Or then again, maybe not.

This direct is just the beginning, but what a mighty beginning it may be.

Edit: I actually think 200 quid will be too low, put me down for 250.

Edited by londragon
Additional Info: