N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 24: Hours a day

Haden

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only have I ruined Flink's day and got promoted but I passed three major accounting exams today! Greatest day evah!

I knew it would rile you up :p I never expected a win!

Sorry, I can't hear you above the sound of your injustice and clear anti-football. The stats prove themselves. You've played more games than you've scored goals. That's shit football!

Attacking football didn't win today. I still fail to see how playing 5-3-2 defensive means that you'll create more chances than somebody who plays 3-4-3 at home with offensive tactics. What makes it even worse is that I also marked his playmaker and had near to a million econ in win bonus...how? Just, how? My players had pretty high form, too. My midfield and attacking ratings were just so much better, too. I just don't understand it. Does the game roll some kind of imaginary dice?

Sometimes the game honestly does just throw random results at you. You can have a stronger team and all the right tactics and still lose. It has happened to me more times than I care for :p

Confirmed for the cup:

Recall United

Leeds M.O.T

Silverdale Hotpot

Real Peeps

Madpool?

Eights United

DuDs Baggies

Yellow Submarine

Aqui1a All Stars

Prize is 3 months VIP

Sometimes the game honestly does just throw random results at you. You can have a stronger team and all the right tactics and still lose. It has happened to me more times than I care for :p

Want to know what else is unfair? The team that finished first and the team that play the worst brand of anti-football in the league shouldn't have been playing Middle League football this season. They were both relegated last season, should have been in the lower leagues this season and have denied other teams their full right to challenge for the title.

Total farce. I'm in for the cup, but I don't give a shite above it. I'll do it because I have nothing better to do.

wow is Roostophe back again? ;)

What an awful attitude you have Flink. Each season we have the unfortunate situation of having to get rid of inactive teams and yes that means sometimes teams aren't relegated. You've played a full season and suddenly you only have a problem with it when you've been beaten. If you want to talk about anti-football why don't you have a look at your own attitude. It's a good thing real football is completely black and white and you never ever get surprise results.

By the way, with heroicjanitor quitting, I think Fedex will be promoted anyway.

Edited by The Peeps

wow is Roostophe back again? ;)

What an awful attitude you have Flink. Each season we have the unfortunate situation of having to get rid of inactive teams and yes that means sometimes teams aren't relegated. You've played a full season and suddenly you only have a problem with it when you've been beaten. If you want to talk about anti-football why don't you have a look at your own attitude. It's a good thing real football is completely black and white and you never ever get surprise results.

By the way, with heroicjanitor quitting, I think Fedex will be promoted anyway.

How exactly is it an awful attitude? Ell said himself that he didn't expect a win and his formation and tactics back it up. He went out to stop me from winning the league and I would expect nothing less (we wind each other up - so this was expected).

Also, my points have been completely fair. Ell should have been in the lower league this season, along with Gaggle, yet they're now getting promoted, with Gaggle even pipping me to the title. Considering that I put a lot of effort and energy into keeping my team in the league last season (I finished fourth, when I could have been relegated at the start), it may as well have been for nothing.

It's a game and I play to win. Part of this is banter, part of this is that I'm wound up and have had an incredibly shit end to the week (see bad stuff thread, culminating in me having to spend 230+ quid on a car that barely cost much more than that). This game is awesome, I love it, but fuck me, is it completely unfair at times. Where's the drama in a relegation fight if teams are going to stay up anyway? Last season was awesome with any one of 5 teams/possibly 6 fighting for survival. The start of the new season put a dampener on that when 2 of those 3 were allowed to stay up. I appreciate sometimes it's hard to do something about it when teams drop out, but it just isn't fair.

Just for the record, if I get relegated next season, I want to remain relegated, even if there is a shortage of numbers. I want to play this game the right way.

Also:

Hmm, yeah, that is a tad bit unfair. A bit of a downer actually! Makes the relegation fight of last season seem very redundant now...

I made that post on the very first page when we found out that the Submarines would be relegated but Ell and Gaggle would stay up. So, this "you only cared cost you lost" argument isn't accurate. If I didn't enjoy this game, I wouldn't go to such great lengths to argue my point.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

That's fine, it just really seemed to me that you'd gone beyond just banter.

There is literally no way around the relegation/promotion thing unless we change the whole structure of the league. It's not a choice.

What are the options? I don't know technically how it all works with numbers of teams in leagues, but I think I remember the Elite league having more teams in previous years? Isn't that right? I remember some sort of wait when I was in the lower league whilst the Elite league finished up? Does it strictly have to be a 10/10/10 split between the three leagues?

Can't you just get rid of one of the leagues? Just have two or something.

That wouldn't be fair on new teams. They would get totally trashed. Three leagues is right, I reckon. Plus, it would just result in the teams from the Bigger League getting relegated and then going on to win the Little League, in a constant state of flux.

What are the options? I don't know technically how it all works with numbers of teams in leagues, but I think I remember the Elite league having more teams in previous years? Isn't that right? I remember some sort of wait when I was in the lower league whilst the Elite league finished up? Does it strictly have to be a 10/10/10 split between the three leagues?

The difference can't be more than one and the highest league gets the additional team. Like 11/10/10 it was some seasons ago.

This is all completely open for debate, I'm happy for us all to decide on the league structure and everything. I'll see what options there actually are when the season ends. I know that you can have some leagues with more players than others but obviously it means all the leagues won't end at the same time and I don't think anyone wants that.

Can anyone do the cup?

Anyone can do the cup :)

The difference can't be more than one and the highest league gets the additional team. Like 11/10/10 it was some seasons ago.

Ok. So you could even have something like 12/11/11?

Maybe we need to have some sort of agreement for all participants in the league. Say, for example, we all sign up and agree to play for three seasons. We could then review it at the end of the 3 seasons and if somebody wants to leave, they can, meaning we have the opportunity to review the structure? It would then give new players an opportunity to join the league. (we could even have a waiting list and if somebody wants to leave after one season, providing there is somebody willing to take their place/waiting, we can do that)

It's a nice idea but given that we currently don't have enough people for 10/10/10 it's unlikely to happen. Also people come and go for various reasons, not everyone can promise 3 seasons of their time. What would we do if someone wanted to leave early? There's no real way to stop them and if they want to leave I wouldn't want to force them to stay.

If we kept the inactive teams in for this coming season and the player situation is much the same, would people be up for changing to 9/9/9 the season after next? It would mean that this coming season, some teams wouldn't be promoted that should be (I think), but we'd know that in advance.

This isn't something we need to decide on the spot either.

It's a nice idea but given that we currently don't have enough people for 10/10/10 it's unlikely to happen. Also people come and go for various reasons, not everyone can promise 3 seasons of their time. What would we do if someone wanted to leave early? There's no real way to stop them and if they want to leave I wouldn't want to force them to stay.

If we kept the inactive teams in for this coming season and the player situation is much the same, would people be up for changing to 9/9/9 the season after next? It would mean that this coming season, some teams wouldn't be promoted that should be (I think), but we'd know that in advance.

This isn't something we need to decide on the spot either.

That's what I meant by the idea of a waiting list. So, for example, if I wanted to leave after season 1, then if there's somebody on the list, they can come in and make up those numbers.

Also, it's not so much the numbers as it is the boundaries. For example, if we know that in the Lower league, only one team will be promoted, then that's fine as everyone knows beforehand. If you're told it once the season ends, then it isn't fair on anyone. Just so we all know what we're working towards.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk