NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
EEVILMURRAY

Futurama to return?

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,1677901,00.html

Fox to bring back Futurama

Jason Deans

Wednesday January 4, 2006

Futurama, Matt Groening's follow up to the Simpsons may earn a revival due to the cancelled show's popularity on DVD - just as happened to US animated comedy, Family Guy.

Hollywood studio 20th Century Fox TV, which made more than 70 episodes of Futurama before it was cancelled by the Fox network in 2003, is considering putting the cartoon back into production, according to Variety.

Discussions about bringing back Futurama are said to be at an early stage and it is not clear whether the show would return to the Fox network, or be broadcast on another US channel.

Futurama followed the fortunes of Fry, a pizza delivery boy who wakes up in the year 3,000 after being accidentally frozen on New Year's Eve 1999. The show won three Emmys during its four-year run on Fox

Since its cancellation in August 2003, Futurama has proved popular on DVD and on Cartoon Network in the US, which airs repeats.

Such has been the show's success on cable that Cartoon Network's rival Comedy Central recently snatched away the rights to repeats.

Fox brought back Family Guy after a three year hiatus in May last year, also after the soaring DVD sales and the popularity of reruns on Cartoon Network

Good news but I heard they were in talks to do three straight to DVD movies and decide on a return based on sales. I bought all 4 seasons in december 2004 and have been watching them constantly ever since. I really hope they bring it back to TV but how will it start off again? Fry and Leela basically got together at the end of season 4, are they gonna re-start it with them married?

Well it'll be 2008 at least before anything materalises, so not much to talk about now. Still, it'd be nice but like forth on my list of cancelled shows I'd like to return.

I hope so, its so much better than the Simpsons

The latest episodes yes but nothing can beat classic simpsons episodes though

:bowdown:

the new simpsons on sunday (bart becomes mothers boy) i thought was pretty good :).....there have been more good eps then boring ones lately to be honest.

I ave all 4 series of futurama on DVD i love it really hope they bring it bak :D

I love futurama, best caartoon ever. They'd better bring this bang i've been waiting for this since 2003

I also have all the dvd's and the 2006 calendar.

I really hope they bring Futurama back, it's a lot funnier than the later Simpsons and I'm a sci-fi fan so I understand the jokes even after the german syncronisation.

I also heard that hey had plans from early on how the story developes over the years so there are yet to be produced parts of the story that were already planned.

im watching season four at the moment, i bought the complete box set for a christmas gift to myself and its absolutely great. zoidberg is the king!

Futurama was pretty great: funny as hell, witty, full of magical moments and the futuristic setting allows it to go paths not possible with other cartoons.

BRING IT BACK FFS!!!

I would love Futurama to return. I have all 4 season's on DVD and love it. I often put a disc on when im bored to watch. C'mon bring it back!

Wow. this sounds amazing, this is my second favourite TV show (first is Star Trek: Enterprise, which was also cancelled after 4 seasons). Any Futurama is better than the best Simpsons episode.

Any Futurama is better than the best Simpsons episode.

I wouldn't go that far. There are some simply amazing Simpsons episodes.

Futurama is great, and a new series would be great. Simpsons will always be may faverite, but at the moment i am injoying watching family guy and american dad more.

I wouldn't go that far. There are some simply amazing Simpsons episodes.

Seconded. "Eat this, Candy Boys!" Futurama should definately return though.

Sign in to follow this