NEurope
bryanee

Guardians of the Galaxy

Confirmed for release and I think as a fully CGI film.

500201bc0916a.jpg

I dont know much about them because I dont read much Marvel but gaf are going nuts over it. I'll have to check it out.

Out August 1, 2014

The fact Rocket Racoon is going to be in a movie makes the last few meh Marvel films totally worth it.

Will this be in the same "universe" as the other Marvel films?

I think I heard it will be its own seperate film.

Artwork looks cool. Seems to be the same artist that did the large Avengers character banner?

What the?

Ok I know I don't regualarly read comics, but I like to think I am at least aware of most characters that could be considered "minor" while I somehow know a fair bit about major characters despite not buying the books :heh:

But I gotta say I have NEVER heard of this "team" or any of these characters? So WTF is this?

According to this article this could very well be part of "Phase Two" and the Marvel Cinematic Universe as apparently these guys have ties to Thanos so they could be using these guys to set up Thanos before Avengers 2

Yeah this film was revealed along with the other Phase 2 films... though I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be part of The Avengers.

But using it to introduce Thanos' character/background could be a very good idea, so that they don't have to spend any time going there in Avengers 2.

I'm not sure I'd like any of these characters in Avengers 2 though... I personally wouldn't want too much relience on CGI characters.

2347793-avnass2012006_cov_col_large.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

GotG are very very unmainstream...me with all my gargantuan Marvel knowledge and I know very few/what they do/why they exist/what their mission statement is. Rocket Racoon was in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 though.

I like that it's getting a film.

There's some form of raccoon with a gun. Okay... tying this into the same universe as Captain America and Iron Man... could be tough, But they managed to get Thor involved so perhaps this can somehow fit in.

As many people have said though, yeah, not heard of this team before?

So basically this is The Avengers but for hipsters?

Theres something 'of the Starfox' about rocket raccoon....

Yeah this film was revealed along with the other Phase 2 films... though I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be part of The Avengers.

But using it to introduce Thanos' character/background could be a very good idea, so that they don't have to spend any time going there in Avengers 2.

I'm not sure I'd like any of these characters in Avengers 2 though... I personally wouldn't want too much relience on CGI characters.

2347793-avnass2012006_cov_col_large.jpg

That could be what makes the most sense, using it more as a "Thanos" movie and having just him be in Avengers 2 and none of the actual Gaurdians team.

Characters like the Hulk you can get away with and it obviously worked in the Avengers but things like Rocket Racoon and the tree looking guy would see so out of place standing next to Iron Man and the others.

The other 3 in the artwork pic might work as they are more "humaniod" and could be done with proper actors in costumes/make-up instead of CGI. But still yeah depending how this turns out at the moment hopefully just they are using this as a Thanos intro movie to build him up for Avengers 2

There's some form of raccoon with a gun. Okay... tying this into the same universe as Captain America and Iron Man... could be tough, But they managed to get Thor involved so perhaps this can somehow fit in.

As many people have said though, yeah, not heard of this team before?

At least Thor is 'human' though... it was more the magical element of the Thor universe they managed to bring in so well.

Having Cap look down at the floor and talking to a 2ft tall raccoon with a gun would indeed be a giant facepalm!

Still, hopefully we can trust Marvel enough by now to know what they're doing!

I'm excited for this film however, because the characters look pretty cool and it's a new universe! But one that they need to be very careful with introducing into their current movie universe!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/17/guardians-of-the-galaxy-plot-rumors

Guardians of the Galaxy Plot Rumors

A purported plot synopsis for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy movie has popped up online, one that was met with "no comment" when we inquired with Marvel parent company Disney about its veracity.

It's on The Grid posted the following alleged log line for Guardians of the Galaxy: "About a U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants."

The script for Guardians of the Galaxy is currently being rewritten by Chris McCoy.

Guardians of the Galaxy opens August 1, 2014.

So trying to make sense of Guardians of the Galaxy I take it this US Fighter Pilot is Starlord?

http://marvel.wikia.com/Peter_Quill_(Earth-616)

250px-Peter_Quill_%28Earth-616%29_from_Avengers_Assemble_Vol_2_6_cover.JPG

The title establishes that Peter Quill is born during an unusual astronomical phenomenon when many of the planets align. Seeing no resemblance, the man who believed he was Quill's father angrily accused his wife Meredith of infidelity and attempts to kill the infant, but dies of a sudden heart attack. Quill is raised by his single mother until she is killed by an alien. The character is placed in an orphanage but escapes and eventually becomes a trainee NASA astronaut. An alien entity called the Master of the Sun eventually visits the space station that Quill and other astronauts are currently inhabiting, and offers the mantle of Star Lord (an interplanetary policeman) to a worthy candidate, Quill volunteers, but is rejected in favour of a colleague he once treated badly.

Quill is outraged, and NASA orders his return to Earth and discharge for his conduct. The character, however, steals a scoutship, and on returning to the space station takes his colleague's place. Quill is then chosen to become Star-Lord, with the Master of the Sun first creating an illusion in which the character is able to find and kill the aliens that murdered his mother to free him of his past. Equipped with a sentient vessel called "Ship", Quill commences his role as Star-Lord.

Maybe only Starlord will carry on over into The Avengers 2.

Bit of news

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/guardians-of-the-galaxy-to-film-this-summer

Guardians of the Galaxy to Film This Summer

Marvel movie to shoot at Pinewood-Shepperton.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy will start filming this summer.

ScreenDaily reports that the James Gunn-directed comic book adaptation will shoot at Pinewood-Shepperton Studios this summer. The forthcoming Thor: The Dark World was the last Marvel film to shoot there.

No casting has been finalized yet for Guardians, which is slated for release August 1, 2014.

It never has been CGI, I think that was just a misunderstanding/misconstrued information.

And that it has a talking raccoon with a gun.

Fixed!

As an interesting aside: I've never, ever changed my avatar since I joined the forum ten years ago.

As an interesting aside: I've never, ever changed my avatar since I joined the forum ten years ago.

Snap! Cross-continental high five!

Apparently some of the filming is taking place in London too. My friend is applying to work on the film.

I bet anything Iron Man shows up in this. I just hope he isn't as boring as he was in IM2/The Avengers.

(Don't know if you know) but he just joined (kinda) last week (well....he has gone into space, and he joins when this comic starts in a month)