• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DAY TEN IS OVER.

Leader of the House:

Rummy (4): Rummy, Jimbob, gmac

Expulsion from the inquiry:

gmac (1): Jimbob

Jimbob (3): gmac, Rummy

The inquiry had reached a conclusion. Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg was to be arrested.

Surely he couldn’t be a member of the rebellion? He was one of the first to agree to the inquiry, after all.

The Metropolitan Police, leaderless since the arrest of their chief Sheikah, moved in to handcuff the Lib Dem leader, but it was too late.

“All I wanted was to be Prime Minister,” Jimbob sobbed, “The nation loved me, the Lib Dems were finally going to get the recognition we deserved, but instead, our reputation was ruined. I was fed up of being Cameron’s lap dog, he had to go.”

Before anyone could react, Clegg pulled a cyanide pill from his pocket, popped it in his mouth, and collapsed. Efforts to resuscitate him failed. He was dead.

Jimbob was Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg. Each night he could send his research intern to track another player. His charm made him appear good to investigators.

Nick%20Clegg.jpg

HE WAS THE FINAL MEMBER OF THE REBELLION!

The two remaining members of the inquiry reflected on the past ten days and mourned at the loss of so many great politicians, along with those who had been corrupted by power.

There was now the small matter of reforming Parliament. And in the eyes of the public, there was only one man who it could be.

Rummy is now Prime Minister Kenneth Clarke!

ken-clarke_1641777c.jpg

Previously the Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice, each night he could question someone about their intentions and discover their political alignment.

The other remaining member had now seen it all. He had been Prime Minister, he had returned to the backbenches, but now it was time, after helping to restore justice in Parliament, to retire for a quiet life in Scotland. He was knighted by her majesty The Queen for his services to Parliament, and went for a well-earned rest.

gmac is now the retired former Prime Minister, Sir Gordon Brown!

GB.jpg

With plenty of friends in high places, as well as a personal team of bodyguards, he could protect his target from roleblocks and redirections.

CONGRATULATIONS TO RUMMY AND GMAC!

COMISERATIONS TO EVERYONE ELSE!

THANKS FOR PLAYING!

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@Rummy

@gmac

@Aqui1a

@Sheikah

@Animal

@The fish

@Jonnas

MY THOUGHTS AND FULL ROLE PMS COMING SOON, FEEDBACK VERY WELCOME :)

I swear, I was mentally yelling at Rummy through the screen this last day. Animal found Jimbob to be lying, his lies were paper-thin... It was too obvious.

I'll be the first one to admit I wasn't the best player around. My bright moment was successfully predicting the mafia's kill target that night (the only time I protected myself) while managing to keep my power an absolute secret (Cube's freak out was a thing of wonder).

Other than that, I made a lot of bad decisions, really.

Well played to the mafia, you played brilliantly. Even Jimbob had an ace up his sleeve, which ironically caused Animal to find him.

As someone who knows very little about British politics and other important figures, I must say this game was amazing. Game of the year so far. The newspaper write-ups? Brilliant. Voting was excellent, because the elected player would always get a fixed chance of surviving the night (if I understood correctly), which meant they would really crave that election, (nearly guaranteed survival is the ultimate prize).

Oh, and I felt it was very well balanced, as well.

As for flaws, I thought days with set duration got very long, going on after everyone had settled on a lynch. Also, I like the old majority system better, definitely.

Great game! :) Sorry I had to back out, but Jonnas was a worthy successor. :)

... well, maybe except for the fact that'd I'd figured out Nintendohnut long before him. ;)

I stand by my reasoning! The only thing it didn't account for was the possibility of Nintendohnut not being able to communicate with the mafia.

Well, the plan worked right to the last day. Maybe i should have changed tune a little, saying gmac went for Jonnas instead which may have caused the flow to go different. Who knows.

And that was my best performance as mafia, i congratulate myself for the effort i put in. Which wasn't much i tell thee.

Good game all round, well done to everyone.

As for flaws, I thought days with set duration got very long, going on after everyone had settled on a lynch. Also, I like the old majority system better, definitely.

I do kind of agree to an extent, some days/nights ended up being longer than I expected because of me being busy, but I ultimately did the most votes thing as I didn't want days and days of no lynches if the town weren't being active enough, it made voting essential, and there was also the leader thing to sort out. I also wanted to see how things would swing if someone had most of the votes, if they'd be able to change people's minds off of them.

But thanks for your feedback, very helpful :)

I stand by my reasoning! The only thing it didn't account for was the possibility of Nintendohnut not being able to communicate with the mafia.

Possibly, I can't quite recall it. But we always have to remember the mafia will go to great lengths to appear town - especially if they have a townie partner. And by the end Dohnut's defence was really starting to fall apart. :heh:

The write-ups and theme were all brilliant, and the roles were good and seemed quite balanced. :) I loved how the new voting mechanic made the game progress, even when people were sometimes inactive.

This is probably the strangest/most contrary mafia I've played and even survived too! I didn't actually get to go back through the thread as much as I wanted, but I'm glad it all worked out in the end! Thank you all for a fantastic/amazing game, and super special thanks to @mr\-paul for having us, and making such an awesome game! The writeups didn't get enough of the thanks they deserved! Brilliant idea/format, and very well done with how information was thrown into them.

I believe this is my first participating game as Most Votes also, and I have to say, I know some have their gripes and I'm on the winning side which might bias me, but I do quite like the system. Refreshing to play with it, and in some ways helped hold my interest as it's difficult to know where a vote will go before the end of the day! Makes things feel more possible as town, whereas I find inactivity of others(even feigned) in some games can make me feel a bit trampled against an unachievable majority.

Anyhow, I had fun, and I hope everyone else did too! I feel we could have played better in some respects(such as listening to me, lol :p) but all in all I was really happy with myself, and coming down to such a tense/close finish was quite refreshing! Been seriously deliberating since day-open!

Oh, and totally well played by the mafia in the face of what was coming out. I'm almost unsure whether we deserved the ultimate win given some of the fantastic plays made.

Edited by Rummy

I didn't really read much after I was killed but I'm glad the town won. They were really slow in actually doing things which frustrated me so I decided to kick up some fuss even though I was neutral. I expect that's why the mafia decided to kill me. I should've stayed quiet like I first planned!

THE ROLES

(any notes/thoughts I can think of while posting these are in bluueee!

You are a member of the rebellion. Brought together in a mutual hatred towards those in power and a desire to take their place, you will go to any lengths to overcome the status quo. You win when you have guaranteed majority of the votes and can control the inquiry into David Cameron’s death. Between each session, one of you will attempt to assassinate another member of the inquiry.

Somewhere out there is another politician who has heard of your plans and wants to help out. However, it would be dangerous for them to communicate with you. Be careful not to assassinate them by mistake! But also be aware, if they are the last rebellion-aligned member left, they cannot win.

Jimbob, you are Deputy Prime Minister Nick CLEGG (Liberal Democrat)

Nick%20Clegg.jpg

(Tracker)

Being part of the coalition hasn’t been all you thought it would be, and you are fed up of your reputation as David Cameron’s lapdog. You have started the rebellion in the aim of becoming Prime Minister yourself.

Your position as Deputy Prime Minister means you appear good to anyone who may question you. Each night you may send out your lowly research intern to track the movements of another player.

A strong role. Appeared good which benefitted Jimbob at the end there, and gave the mafia genuine info. Had considered a double vote somewhere in the mafia, but decided against to give an incentive to go for Leader of the House.

Cube, you are Chancellor of the Exchequer George OSBORNE (Conservative)

tumblr_lkrwlurCXO1qjjgbro1_500.jpg

(Redirector)

As Chancellor of the Exchequer, you have access to all of Britain’s money. You had a public school education, have all the money you could ever wish for, but you want more.

Your greed has led you to joining the rebellion. Each night you can use the funds from the Treasury to pay someone off to make them target someone else.

Pretty standard role, but Cube played the part well. Got away with quite a few lies.

Yvonne, you are King of Spin, Alastair CAMPBELL (Labour)

579.jpg

(Spin Doctor)

Famous for being Tony Blair’s head of communications, your profile in the last few years has fallen somewhat. However, your presence on the media circuit has allowed you to blag your way into being part of the inquiry, and you have decided to align yourself with the rebellion for your biggest chance to have the influence you had in your glory days.

Each night you may do one of three things:

1) Hide someone from tracking

2) Make someone appear to be a different player

3) Make someone appear suspicious to investigators

As you are not a politician, you may not become Leader of the House.

Probably one of my favourite roles, and one that really suited Yvonne, in my opinion. Unfortunately, I felt that powers one and two were not used enough and instead three was wasted. To give him a bit more benefit, I tried to portray Yvonne's target in a bad light in the write up.

Marcamillian, you are Former Deputy Prime Minister Lord John PRESCOTT (Labour)

john-prescott.jpg

(Roleblocker)

Having left the Commons for the House of Lords, you have decided you want to get back into the act. However, the Labour Party have had enough of your bumbling ways so you have teamed up with the new coalition in a bid to regain power. Each night you can invite someone to your country mansion for dinner and a game of croquet and they will be unable to do anything else for the night.

Again, another pretty standard role. Marcamillian ended up being lynched on very little evidence.

Nintendohnut and Dannyboy-the-Dane, you are the MILIBAND BROS.

Ed-and-David-Miliband-001.jpg

Nintendohnut, you are David MILIBAND (Labour)

David_Miliband.jpg

(Power investigator)

Although you were slightly annoyed when your brother beat you to the Labour Party leadership, you are now on speaking terms again and are working together to discover what happened to the Prime Minister. Each night you will discover what another member of the inquiry tends to get up to at night.

Dannyboy-the-Dane, you are Leader of the Opposition Ed MILIBAND (Labour)

ed.jpg

(Influential, Protector)

No one expected you to become Labour leader, and you still have a long way to go to prove you have what it takes to become Prime Minister. This inquiry gives you a perfect chance to show you are leadership material. As Leader of the Opposition, you are afforded with bodyguards who can protect who you choose each night. Your influence also gives you a double vote.

But as we now know, Dohnut was a traitor!

Nintendohnut, you are the bitter brother David MILIBAND (Labour)

David-Miliband-Edd_1398774c.jpg

(Power investigator, traitor)

You have discovered that the cause of David Cameron’s death was a rebellion that will do anything to gain power. Although you put on a brave face in public, you are incredibly bitter that Ed beat you to the position that you believe that you were a shoe-in for. You have discovered who is in the rebellion, and have decided to do all you can to help them gain control of the inquiry, and eventually, Parliament.

The rebellion consists of:

Jimbob – Nick Clegg

Cube – George Osborne

Yvonne – Alastair Campbell

Marcamillian – John Prescott

Your close ties with your brother means you cannot communicate with them, but you know that if they are found, likelihood is your brother will become Prime Minister – a situation you could not live with.

You win when the rebellion has guaranteed majority of the votes, but you will lose the game automatically if the other four members leave the game before you.

If you ever wish to do anything different to what you state on the Miliband Bros. forum, PM me.

I knew when I decided to run a political mafia I had to have a traitor, and I thought who better to do it with than twins! With a lot of roles I picked the player randomly but in this case I wanted strong players who would not be walked over by the other. The change in player from Dannyboy to Jonnas may have made it slightly easier for Dohnut, but in the end he got his comeuppance. His role was essentially to feed false information to the town, and it basically meant for a lot of the game, Dannyboy/Jonnas was essentially a mafia member. To avoid too many balance issues I made it so if Dohnut was the last remaining mafia, he would die automatically.

Rummy, you are Lord Chancellor Kenneth CLARKE (Conservative)

ken-clarke_1641777c.jpg

(Alignment Investigator)

With many years experience as a Member of Parliament, you became Secretary of State for Justice under David Cameron’s administration. Each night you may question someone about his or her intentions. You will discover their alignment and political party.

Rummy played very very well, although I was facepalming at him not noticing Jimbob's flawed logic on the last day and focusing on why gmac wasn't electing him. He could also have probably saved Sheikah by coming out with his info on Dohnut earlier on that day! But congrats to one of our winners!

Dazz, you are Lord Justice LEVESON (Law Lord)

Leveson_2054965c.jpg

(Lie detector)

You have recently been busy with your investigation into press standards, but have been called upon to help with the inquiry into the Prime Minister’s death. Each day phase you may select a post to be analysed for lies. If you target certain individuals, they will be called to the Leveson Inquiry for the night and be unable to carry out any actions.

I've decided I don't like lie detectors. But Animal played the role well and caught out some good lies, he was storing it up for so long I thought he'd die before he got a chance to use it! He also roleblocked Peeps once (I think on the night of his death). He would roleblock any journalist/spin doctor.

Sheikah, you are Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, Bernard HOGAN-HOWE

Bernard-Hogan-Howe-007.jpg

(Ability Investigator/tracker)

You are the highest ranked police officer in London, and you are widely regarded as the most important officer in the whole of the UK. Each night, you may bring in a player for questioning at Scotland Yard. You will discover their ability and whom they used it on that night.

I felt Sheikah played very well for one of his debut games, and people should have listened to him more - he was saying Yvonne was a spin doctor for ages, but was ignored because Yvonne had planted that he was an alignment investigator, which people believed too easily!

Gmac, you are former Prime Minister Gordon BROWN (Labour)

GB.jpg

(Protector)

Despite now taking your seat on the backbenches, you still have plenty of friends in high places, as well as a personal team of bodyguards. Anyone you target will be protected from roleblocks and redirections.

A simple role, gmac played an effective and understated game. Stuck with Rummy as his target of choice during most of the game.

Diageo, you are Mayor of London Boris JOHNSON (Conservative)

boris-johnson-726289.jpg

(Tracker)

Although you are known for your many gaffes and silly hair, as a former journalist, you haven’t forgotten your investigative skills. Each night, you will follow someone on your Boris Bike and find out who they targeted, or if you like, who targeted them.

I was sad Boris died first night :(

The fish, you are journalist Rebekah BROOKS (News International)

Rebekah-Brooks_1870273c.jpeg

(PM interceptor)

Your experience as editor of The Sun and the now defunct News Of The World taught you how to hack a phone and get a good story. Although you are now frowned upon by much of society, you have decided to use these skills for the benefit of the inquiry in an aim to get into the nation’s good books again.

A good role which didn't achieve its potential due to Fish's unfortunate inactivity. He would have been able to back Sheikah up at some point.

EEVILMURRAY, you are former Lib Dem Leader Charles KENNEDY (Liberal Democrat)

4366745985_8fc201e559.jpg

(Jailkeeper)

Since stepping down as Lib Dem leader, your drinking problems still haven’t gone away. Each night you may invite another player to the member’s bar for a lock-in. They will be unable to carry out any actions for the night, but will be safe from other people targeting them.

Managed to stop a kill, but not his own. Had to tell EEVIL that he couldn't use it on himself every night otherwise he'd drink himself to death :p

Aqui1a, you are Health Secretary Andrew LANSLEY (Conservative)

Andrew-Lansley.JPG

(Booster)

As Health Secretary for the coalition, the NHS is your thing, even though you have a reputation for wanting to cut it down in size. Each night you can send another member for a medical. The following night they will be able to carry out two actions.

This caused lots of chaos indirectly as he was boosting DuD until he was inactive, and once Diageo returned to the game in his place, he was swiftly killed.

Tales, you are the much reviled, Euro-hating Nick GRIFFIN (British National Party)

Nick-Griffin+24-05-10_1.jpg

(Reverse Roleblocker)

You wanted to use the current instability in Parliament to try and make your way into power. However, you are so hated that the rebellion don’t want even want to be associated with you, so you’ve decided to just go along with the majority. Anyone that targets your target will turn away as they don’t want to be seen anywhere near you.

I really wanted Rummy to investigate Tales, as he would appear as evil under investigation, although he would appear as good if Yvonne targeted him.

DuD, you are Transport Secretary Justine GREENING (Conservative)

Justinegreeninghi.jpg

(Bus driver)

Each night you will use your control of Britain's transport system to ferry people around. You will target two people and transport anyone targeting one of them to the other, and vice versa. You may not target yourself.

I loved the chaos this role caused, although I think DuD got quite annoyed with it in the end. Unfortunately his activity waned, and he ended up lynching himself :(

And we had one neutral:

The Peeps, you are media bigwig Rupert MURDOCH (News International)

Rupert%20Murdoch.jpg

(Redirector)

The most powerful media mogul in the world, you see it as a priority to align yourself with those in power. Despite recent troubles at your newspapers, everyone still wants to be your friend. You can use this influence to make people do what you want to each night. However, certain individuals may not be influenced so easily.

You will win by surviving until the end of the game.

I was sad when Peeps died, as he was very switched on about everything happening and had the mafia pretty much worked out. As you can see from the description, he couldn't influence Leveson, Clarke, or Campbell, and he would have 50% chance of influencing the chief of police.

Bed time I think, will answer any questions and add any more thoughts tomorrow!

Edited by Mr-Paul

yeah I enjoyed this game, I'm getting slightly better at playing these now, still need to work on posting a bit more though, as at the moment I seem to sit back and let things evolve especially if my role doesn't allow for any info gathering

I enjoyed the most vote system, brings a different dynamic to the game, means that inactivity can be very costly to both sides as potential lynches could go through with very few votes.

and yes thanks to @mr\-paul for the great game :)

It was an amazing game.

If you want to know which of my targets was a lie, it was making Sheikah target someone. If you look back his tracking was that I targeted just The Peeps. Who was killed. Because I killed him.

Jonnas being a protector was a massive surprise to me, but I did suggest to try and kill him a second time as I suspected he would protect Rummy. It went down to Rummy's choice.

Terrific game, well up there in the Jonnas ReZ Peeps bracket

One of those ones where you keep watching after death for sure.

We had Jimbob sell me out when it was clear that I would be killed soon anyway, and the last day could have gone either way.

Most votes fit the theme, but it makes mafia strategising harder, as a potentially wafer thin majority can speak louder, and a mafia can also get killed on very little indeed (which other mafia members are less likely to want to get involved in), result being, vote patterns are much more telling.

I feel this was balanced nicely though with the number of mafia players and also the powers we had.

Hey thanks @mr\-paul

Cube I remember you saying that you redirected me on the night before I died yet I announced I wasn't. Once I died and was confirmed town I thought people might have realised I was telling the truth and you were lying. Shame no one picked up on that.

Animal nooooo. Can't believe you didn't come to my defence even though you admitted lie detecting me that day and finding out I was telling the truth! You said you didn't want to confirm your role to avoid being killed but once I said it, obviously the Mafia knowing I was town would have no reason to disbelieve what I said. The real reason the Mafia probably didn't kill you straight away when I outed you was because you were seemingly inactive.

Edited by Sheikah

Btw @mr\-paul, I was very hesitant on the last day for a number of reasons. I wanted the election so I'd have survival chance, and, technically, a majority the next day by myself. More so I wondered if this would make mafia not elect me, but the overriding thing; In Peeps's live mafia @ the meet, I had pretty much exactly this situation! I made the wrong choice after making the call that the first person to point the finger would be mafia, yet not trusting that. I wanted to be sure this time, even though I wasn't(and this time, it proved wrong)! :p

I enjoyed the most vote system, brings a different dynamic to the game, means that inactivity can be very costly to both sides as potential lynches could go through with very few votes.

One of the reasons I really like the system. It lessens the issue of inactivity.

The roles were really good, though townie redirectors are sucky roles in my humble opinion. :heh: At the very least it should be a regular redirector and not a bus driver. Generally I found this game had a few too many redirectors to my taste.

The mafia played very well, especially Yvonne. I completely fell for his lies, and it was at his reveal that I realised Dohnut was a traitor. I'm always a bit suspicious of teammates (having been allies with Peeps in the past will do that to you :heh:), but he played well and pretty much had me convinced.

Cube was becoming increasingly obvious as the game went on, and I was a bit surprised that Rummy didn't see through Jimbob's lie at the end, but otherwise the town also played really well.

Big props to Rummy for playing a great game and to Sheikah for being a marvellous newbie! :D

Animal nooooo. Can't believe you didn't come to my defence even though you admitted lie detecting me that day and finding out I was telling the truth! You said you didn't want to confirm your role to avoid being killed but once I said it, obviously the Mafia knowing I was town would have no reason to disbelieve what I said. The real reason the Mafia probably didn't kill you straight away when I outed you was because you were seemingly inactive.

I know, I'm sorry! This was a bad game from me, I didn't play good! :(

For me, it was part stupidity and post inactiveness in posting here. However, I did read through everything all of the time and I did do lie-detections but, except for Sheikah with what he said, I didn't find anything that was concrete. This was a very tough game! Well done to everybody who played and well done to mr-paul for making this one of the best and most challenging Mafias I have ever played! :D

Also, can we make it a rule to have Most Votes in every Mafia game? That would be awesome! Definitely a lot of tension with Most Votes instead of Majority.

Seriously one of the best mafia games i've played. As i said, my best mafia performance to date (as mafia as well). Had many believed i was good, even nearly fooled Rummy at the end (he based my lynch on voting patterns).

I'll post more later.

I was happy with the game turned out. There were times when I was shouting at my screen willing people on to reveal their information, and quite a lot of the time people were revealing what they had, and not corroborating it with anyone else's. I also felt at times that people weren't questioned on their characters at all, only powers, which lessened the flavour a bit.

In terms of balance, I was glad how it turned out, with the game going as far as it possibly could. I did fear that the mafia would be too strong with 5 people in a 17 person game, but it balanced out with Dohnut having to act as a townie in both the main thread and in their Miliband forum, while trying to corrupt Dannyboy/Jonnas. I loved Cube's reaction when Jonnas claimed protector, but Jonnas was the only straight kill protector, and a lot of the time, he was practically working alongside the mafia.

Both sides had some powerful roles. I agree with Dannyboy to an extent that there was a lot of redirection - one mafia, one neutral, and one town bus driver - the bus driver's role essentially was intended to make the mafia kill one of their own by accident, but unfortunately that never happened!

In terms of Leader of the House, it offered extra protection to whoever was elected, (50% chance of survival first night, 66% chance second night, then after that their power would be boosted.) but the leader was never actually targeted for the kill.

For the first game I have ran, I enjoyed it a lot. The theme made role creation simple, and I had a lot more ideas for if there were more players. I loved creating the newspaper write-ups and I'm glad you guys enjoyed them too :) My one main annoyance was starting my job at the Olympics half way through the game which made the last few days slower.

My players of the game were definitely Rummy - it is always an achievement to survive to the end as an investigator; Yvonne - the pretending to be an investigator was genius; Animal - although he didn't contribute loads, one single post almost single handedly revealed the whole mafia; and Nintendohnut, for being a great sport and being my traitor :)

I think I would like to do a DIY for my next game, so WATCH THIS SPACE!

If you want to see the spreadsheets I used to run this game, you can at this link, many thanks to @Yvonne for sending me the template in the first place!

Edited by Mr-Paul

Sorry Mr-P.

The game and concept were quality, however I had more enjoyment from watching it unravel towards the end rather than take part as my role was just a hindrance.

I gave every scrap of info I had from the get go and people still thought I could have been mafia???!

All my info was already in the thread, I could n't be arsed to repeat every little detail to try and convince people of my innocence when they obviously hadn't took the time to read the info in the first place. I posted a similar statement during the game. I told them I was town, they went ahead with the lynch, so I just helped move it along.

Town was so retarded at times its untrue.