Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2012/2013

Dog-amoto

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the highlights of the game against QPR, it looks like we battered them but weren't clinical. QPR had a few chances and scored!

I know we've played a lot of games recently but for Benitez to rotate the team to that extent was stupid. Missed our chance to catch up to the top 2.

Match Report in summary: Sigh.

My heart just isn't in it any more. The players aren't even bothering to phone it in most of the time; Pardew is yelling his ass off on the touchline, but no-one is listening; Ashley is sitting on a big pile of cash whispering "My preciousssssssss" over and over; and I still feel guilty over what happened to Hughton.

My heart just isn't in it any more. The players aren't even bothering to phone it in most of the time; Pardew is yelling his ass off on the touchline, but no-one is listening; Ashley is sitting on a big pile of cash whispering "My preciousssssssss" over and over; and I still feel guilty over what happened to Hughton.

From what I can see the players seem bothered, just not for the full 90 minutes. We seriously need to learn how to keep a clean sheet and shut the opposition out. Hopefully this transfer window can turn things around. I don't think we'll get relegated and I'm still optimistic for a top 10 finish.

Besides, we're clearly gonna win the Europa League :heh:

Suárez yet again proving he's world class. Class finish by Sterling for his goal aswell.

Where's @Happenstance anyway? Henderson has been great this season. Love to hear his opinion on him?

Great isn't really the word I'd use. Just because he hasn't been awful doesn't really make him great. He's done ok, that's fair to say.

I'd use the word great to describe someone like Aguero or even Carrick, who has been great for us this season. You really wouldn't put Henderson in a league with those two, the way they've been playing this season.

Very happy with our game against Wigan. We looked more defensively solid, another clean sheet, which is the best part of the victory, imo. Hernandez should have scored about 5 or 6 goals, one of his best performances I've seen.

Great isn't really the word I'd use. Just because he hasn't been awful doesn't really make him great. He's done ok, that's fair to say.

I'd use the word great to describe someone like Aguero or even Carrick, who has been great for us this season. You really wouldn't put Henderson in a league with those two, the way they've been playing this season.

Very happy with our game against Wigan. We looked more defensively solid, another clean sheet, which is the best part of the victory, imo. Hernandez should have scored about 5 or 6 goals, one of his best performances I've seen.

That doesn't make sense. Becchio has been great for Leeds, doesn't mean I'm saying he's as good as Aguero.

He's massively improved and has grown so much in confidence, which is what he lacked so much.

Still love to hear from Ramar on why he hasn't been.

That doesn't make sense. Becchio has been great for Leeds, doesn't mean I'm saying he's as good as Aguero.

He's massively improved and has grown so much in confidence, which is what he lacked so much.

Still love to hear from Ramar on why he hasn't been.

I didn't say that at all. :p I said he hasn't been terrible, but that doesn't mean he's suddenly become "great". He's not great. Suarez has been great this season, carried the team (especially in terms of goal-threat), Sterling has performed really well, too. Henderson has done better than he did last season, in which he was almost invisible. That's it.

I didn't say that at all. :p I said he hasn't been terrible, but that doesn't mean he's suddenly become "great". He's not great. Suarez has been great this season, carried the team (especially in terms of goal-threat), Sterling has performed really well, too. Henderson has done better than he did last season, in which he was almost invisible. That's it.

I was using Becchio as an example. You said you wouldn't put Henderson with Carrick or Aguero, which i never said myself. If we have a player playing great for us, I obviously understand that doesn't make him a great player.

You say as if I was calling him a great or something. :p

Maddog aside, has anyone not connected to LFC lavished praise on Jordan Henderson? If they have i've not seen it. You could easily name 30 or 40 central midfielders this season who have been performing to a far higher standard than him. He's only just gotten back in the team. Not to say he won't go on to be class but it's hardly fair to compare him to himself of last season, Stephen Hawking would come out favourably in that comparison.

I was using Becchio as an example. You said you wouldn't put Henderson with Carrick or Aguero, which i never said myself.

Yes, in terms of players who have been great for their clubs. Carrick has been great for us and Aguero has been excellent for City. Henderson has been passable at best for Liverpool.

Yes, in terms of players who have been great for their clubs. Carrick has been great for us and Aguero has been excellent for City. Henderson has been passable at best for Liverpool.

He's been more than passable.

Last season he got destroyed by tons of Liverpool fans. Now, these same people are appreciative of his work rate and desire and are seeing that he's clearly improving. He was the scapegoat so much last season, people would blame him for everything, now these same fans are happy with his performances and that he's finally starting to express himself and show he has ability.

He's been more than passable.

Last season he got destroyed by tons of Liverpool fans. Now, these same people are appreciative of his work rate and desire and are seeing that he's clearly improving. He was the scapegoat so much last season, people would blame him for everything, now these same fans are happy with his performances and that he's finally starting to express himself and show he has ability.

It could be that no other Liverpool fans are here to back you up, but I've not heard a word get said about him all season. I still don't really rate him. He has time on his side, mind.

Maddog aside, has anyone not connected to LFC lavished praise on Jordan Henderson? If they have i've not seen it. You could easily name 30 or 40 central midfielders this season who have been performing to a far higher standard than him. He's only just gotten back in the team. Not to say he won't go on to be class but it's hardly fair to compare him to himself of last season, Stephen Hawking would come out favourably in that comparison.

Maybe people haven't seen much of him this season?

Go on then, name 30 or 40. :p

Maybe people haven't seen much of him this season?

Go on then, name 30 or 40. :p

In no particular order.

1. Arteta

2. Wilshere.

3. Cazorla

4. Carrick

5. Toure

6. Ramires

7. Oscar.

8. Lallana

9. Cabaye

10. Barry

11. Mikel

12. Cleverly

13. Nolan

14. Noble

15. Osman

16. Fellaini

17. Gerrard

18. Nasri

19. Mata

20. Hazard

21. Pienaar

22. McAnuff

23. Silva

24. De Guzman

25. Lampard

26. Sandro

27. Dembele

28. Hoolahan

29. Tiote

30. Allen

It's all subjective but I wouldn't say Henderson has been better than any of the above.

In no particular order.

1. Arteta

2. Wilshere.

3. Cazorla

4. Carrick

5. Toure

6. Ramires

7. Oscar.

8. Lallana

9. Cabaye

10. Barry

11. Mikel

12. Cleverly

13. Nolan

14. Noble

15. Osman

16. Fellaini

17. Gerrard

18. Nasri

19. Mata

20. Hazard

21. Pienaar

22. McAnuff

23. Silva

24. De Guzman

25. Lampard

26. Sandro

27. Dembele

28. Hoolahan

29. Tiote

30. Allen

It's all subjective but I wouldn't say Henderson has been better than any of the above.

Half of them don't even play centrally, so that's bullshit.

In no particular order.

1. Arteta

2. Wilshere.

3. Cazorla

4. Carrick

5. Toure

6. Ramires

7. Oscar.

8. Lallana

9. Cabaye

10. Barry

11. Mikel

12. Cleverly

13. Nolan

14. Noble

15. Osman

16. Fellaini

17. Gerrard

18. Nasri

19. Mata

20. Hazard

21. Pienaar

22. McAnuff

23. Silva

24. De Guzman

25. Lampard

26. Sandro

27. Dembele

28. Hoolahan

29. Tiote

30. Allen

Just to add a few more:

Shaun Maloney has been top for Wigan, as has James McArthur. When he's played, Anderson has also been a big player for us. Dejageh for Fulham is pretty decent, as well.

All better than Henderson. :p

I'd take Mikel off that list. He's been gash this season for Chelsea.

So what does everyone make of Sturridge's move to Liverpool?

My opinion is that he couldn't cut it at Man City, he couldn't cut it at Chelsea, so he'll fit in it at Liverpool. :heh:

In all seriousness, I think the player is extremely average hence why he's been sold from PL club to PL club to PL club.

So what does everyone make of Sturridge's move to Liverpool?

My opinion is that he couldn't cut it at Man City, he couldn't cut it at Chelsea, so he'll fit in it at Liverpool. :heh:

In all seriousness, I think the player is extremely average hence why he's been sold from PL club to PL club to PL club.

I'm not a fan. But i really hope he proves me wrong and is boss.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!