Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2012/2013

Dog-amoto

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just because our transfer dealings have been pretty shocking the past few years means i can't laugh at other bad buys? Lighten up. :p

Oh you can it just means we'll keep pointing it out. How's Andy Carroll doing these da.....oh wait :bouncy:

I'm surprised so many people are shocked at the Celtic score. You only have to look back over the years and see how many of the best club sides have come undone when they come to Paradise. It's cliched to fuck but the crowd really is a 12th man. Hard to put into words unless you've been there, what it's really like on European matchdays.

I'm surprised so many people are shocked at the Celtic score. You only have to look back over the years and see how many of the best club sides have come undone when they come to Paradise. It's cliched to fuck but the crowd really is a 12th man. Hard to put into words unless you've been there, what it's really like on European matchdays.

I honestly thought they might get something out of it based on their performance at the Nou Camp. Although I didn't know they had some important players missing so...

That's an awesome goal! Love those. Favourite goal for me (i.e. first one off the top of my head) is Roberto Carlos's Impossible Goal;

I love great scoring moments in loads of sports. I could watch a channel 4 100 Greatest for every sport (provided I get a few episodes of You've Been Framed to cleanse my eyeball pallet once in a while).

Both of those goals are excellent. I love that Roberto Carlos goal and the one MadDog mentions by Van Basten. :D

Crazy game, again. We deserved to go 2-0 down, and again, I have no idea how we managed to win that. Ireland and Benteke bullied us all over the place and we could easily have lost this 3 or 4-nil on another day.

Hernandez, though. What a beast. Changed everything when he came on, finally somebody was running behind their defence and was trying to find space. Anderson and Cleverley made a difference too when they came in. No chance in hell Hernandez will get a hat-trick from that, as the second goal was a massive deflection. Shame, he deserved it.

The United game was enjoyable. RVP hitting the crossbar twice in quick succession was unfortunate (he's my captain on my FF team :p).

Fergie must have such a headache with all of his strikers scoring quite a lot this season and all working together well. Shame your defence is a bit of a shambles - Smalling was so easily muscled off that ball.

Why do Villa always surrender two goal leads to United. I saw it was 2-0, turned to my brother and said straight away United would win 3-2. Always bloody do against Villa.

They played at a good pace in the first half and then just ran out of steam in the second. It's inevitable when you have to close down the opposition really quickly. But still, going 2-0 up and losing isn't fantastic, and that's exactly why I think they're contenders to go down. They were terrible last season.

The United game was enjoyable. RVP hitting the crossbar twice in quick succession was unfortunate (he's my captain on my FF team :p).

Fergie must have such a headache with all of his strikers scoring quite a lot this season and all working together well. Shame your defence is a bit of a shambles - Smalling was so easily muscled off that ball.

Yeah, the defence is a mess. But, in fairness to Smalling, he's been out for a while and this is only his second appearance of the season (first in the league) and he's meant to be our 4th/5th choice defender. This is something we need to get used to this season, and I think it's going to be a massive problem for us.

They played at a good pace in the first half and then just ran out of steam in the second. It's inevitable when you have to close down the opposition really quickly. But still, going 2-0 up and losing isn't fantastic, and that's exactly why I think they're contenders to go down. They were terrible last season.

Yeah, the defence is a mess. But, in fairness to Smalling, he's been out for a while and this is only his second appearance of the season (first in the league) and he's meant to be our 4th/5th choice defender. This is something we need to get used to this season, and I think it's going to be a massive problem for us.

I agree, everyone can see the defensive issues you're having but the fact your strikers are banging in so many goals and helping you to win that it is papering over the cracks.

I agree, everyone can see the defensive issues you're having but the fact your strikers are banging in so many goals and helping you to win that it is papering over the cracks.

Once the next two years or so are over, we will be in a much better position defensively. Rafael is probably our best defender at the moment. Fabio will hopefully improve like his brother has, and we will also have Buttner there, too. Evans, Smalling and Jones will all be more experienced and should have improved by then. Wootton and Keane and are threatening to break into the first team, so they will look to provide cover. That's not counting Evra, Ferdinand and Vidic, since we have no idea what state these guys will be in when the next few seasons roll around.

We will need cover for right back, so I expect we'll look to bring somebody in before then. But, right now, it's a waiting game. Waiting for the ones who are out injured to get fit again, and waiting for the young ones to mature. I was dubious about Rafael as he clearly has talent, but he has looked immense for us this season. Definitely our first choice right back now, which we haven't had since Neville was at the club.

Got to be happy with a draw for Liverpool. We looked awful in the first half with a dodgy formation. Credit to Rodgers who changed it up brought on the delightful Suso and injected pace into the front line. Could have won it at the death as well.

Glad to see Suarez hopefully giving Terry the ban he rightfully deserves! Fair play to him. 4 games was way too lenient. Filthy mongrel! Oh the irony of it all. :laughing:

Trololololololol. I thought you'd pissed off once Chelsea won the Champs League.

Good to see you back mate.

Chelsea were not clinical enough when we were dominating and as such allowed Liverpool to come back into the game - they then used this impetus to score! Getting their first shot on target as well :p

I don't think any Liverpool fan can believe they deserved the win, but I don't feel too aggrieved that they got a point after a better display than us in the second half. Terry's injury looked nasty and a complete accident - hopefully he won't be out too long, I fear for Luiz's return to the side.

First half we were awful. First 20 mins we kept possession well, but with no attacking edge. Rest we were totally outplayed.

2nd half we were better, and for periods of it we looked really up for it and looked like we could of scored on a few occasions.

Our midfield 3 of Gerrard, Sahin and Allen were all really poor. Allen had his worst game i've seen him have for us, he made a few good plays defensively. But was caught out a few times in dangerous positions. Sahin was invisible for big periods.

Sterling was great, he has sublime pace. Alot of players are pacey, but he's in that top tier. I would honestly fancy him in a foot race with Bale. :p

Overall Chelsea were the better team, and I'm happy that we showed character after going down and were losing. For once we were outplayed and got something at a really hard place to go.

We're showing progress, and that's what i want to see most.

0-1 Home defeat to West Ham.

1-1 might have been fair and we actually started creating chances after they scored but we were poor overall. That defeats been a long time coming, our football has been poor recently and europe seems to be draining us. Hopefully this defeat will give the players and Pardew a shake up and we can get back to the football of last season.

Also, props to Man U on that comeback. They used to really get on my tits but it's hard for me not to admire their tenacity and purpose these days. Hernandez was a beast.

As was Berbatov, especially for my fantasy team. If only I'd captained him, rather than going for Baines when Sunderland score their first goal in like forever :heh:

Edited by ipaul

0-1 Home defeat to West Ham.

1-1 might have been fair and we actually started creating chances after they scored but we were poor overall. That defeats been a long time coming, our football has been poor recently and europe seems to be draining us. Hopefully this defeat will give the players and Pardew a shake up and we can get back to the football of last season.

Also, props to Man U on that comeback. They used to really get on my tits but it's hard for me not to admire their tenacity and purpose these days. Hernandez was a beast.

As was Berbatov, especially for my fantasy team. If only I'd captained him, rather than going for Baines when Sunderland score their first goal in like forever :heh:

Fulham got a steal for Berba. An absolute bargain. Classy player and has immense talent. Very surprised that somebody like Liverpool or even Newcastle didn't fancy coming in for him, as he should be playing football in Europe with these sorts of teams. Should be a great year for Fulham, they play great football.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!