N-Europe

Wii U available for pre-order

Nooooooo way will it be £199.99 and no way will Amazon give a proper price promise on that hardware.

I'm expecting $349.99/£299.99 with Nintendoland packed in (along with a Wiimote Plus & Nunchuck)

I'd go with Shopto's one. They actually will honour their price promise!

Naaah, I still think that's way off the mark! What about it is enough to justify such a high price??

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think it can't be that high unless it's for a large markup. Having said that don't forget the wii turned profit in all territories on launch, I estimated roughly a £30 profit per console in the UK compared to foreign market prices). Tech is so rapidly advancing these days though that I fail to see how it could really cost as high as people are 'expecting' without a large profit margin on launch.

Preorders are up at GAME. There's a £20 deposit though, have they done that before with a console (online)? No price final price listed or anything.

They did it with the Vita.

Which they didn't sell.

And you could only swap it for in-store credit.

Which they then stopped accepting.

Edit: Missed the bit in brackets.

A mandatory £20 deposit for pre-ordering the Wii U online with Game?

What a disgrace... paying up-front for any of a pre-order for a console online should be purely optional.

Technically with Game you won't be seeing that £20 again either because even though it counts as part-payment you just know that they will try and sting you for an extra £25 - £50 be it added on to the RRP or via their console insurance policies.

*sigh* I'm looking forward to the launch of the Wii U but it doesn't half make you miss the 'simpler' times of console launches from years gone by... :heh: