N-Europe

The Peepsville Mafia

The Peeps

What is it that you do again? I would expect to know if anyone targetted me last night, yet I'm aware of no such thing taking place.

I can track someone and find out who targetted my target (and also who my target targetted as well)

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I targeted Dannyboy last night.

Him, and all of my previous targets (DuD and Rez are the only two left alive apart from Dannyboy) are good. I targeted Marc night 1 so I didn't feel the need to target myself to check my powers - he was revealed good when he died so that proved my powder was reversed.

As you might understand, I didn't want to reveal without a result from a mafioso. I've targeted people I found most suspicious each day, and having already gone for DuD and Rez before last night I went for someone who voted for Rummy (I assumed at least one of them was mafia). Sadly for me proving my power, Dannyboy turned out to be good.

I can't say much else. I've just been investigating people and hoping to find a mafioso so I could reveal myself. Seeing as people suspect me I have to come out :(

Feel free to ask me extra questions but bear in mind I haven't done a massive amount so far - haven't spoken much and have investigated four people who all turned out good. Sorry for revealing their names, too, as it paints targets on their heads, but it's not my fault - I have to reveal power and targets so what else could I do?

Sorry for revealing their names, too, as it paints targets on their heads, but it's not my fault - I have to reveal power and targets so what else could I do?

It's a bit of a double-edged sword thing, as it also lets any other investigator avoid them and gives targets for people with helpful abilities.

I'd really like to know what @Aqui1a got up to last night.

I targeted Dannyboy last night.

Him, and all of my previous targets (DuD and Rez are the only two left alive apart from Dannyboy) are good. I targeted Marc night 1 so I didn't feel the need to target myself to check my powers - he was revealed good when he died so that proved my powder was reversed.

As you might understand, I didn't want to reveal without a result from a mafioso. I've targeted people I found most suspicious each day, and having already gone for DuD and Rez before last night I went for someone who voted for Rummy (I assumed at least one of them was mafia). Sadly for me proving my power, Dannyboy turned out to be good.

I can't say much else. I've just been investigating people and hoping to find a mafioso so I could reveal myself. Seeing as people suspect me I have to come out :(

Feel free to ask me extra questions but bear in mind I haven't done a massive amount so far - haven't spoken much and have investigated four people who all turned out good. Sorry for revealing their names, too, as it paints targets on their heads, but it's not my fault - I have to reveal power and targets so what else could I do?

ObjectionBubble.png

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

You are lying. You did not target me last night. And neither did Jimbob. I am a protector, and my target is completely unreachable. Last night I targetted myself, and nobody else tried to target me. Even if either of you did and were somehow invisible, none of you could have succeeded in your business. Seems like we just found two mafiosos - and I'm willing to bet a lot that the seemingly non-existent ReZourceman is the third.

Vote: Nintendohnut

You are lying. You did not target me last night. And neither did Jimbob. I am a protector, and my target is completely unreachable. Last night I targetted myself, and nobody else tried to target me. Even if either of you did and were somehow invisible, none of you could have succeeded in your business. Seems like we just found two mafiosos - and I'm willing to bet a lot that the seemingly non-existent ReZourceman is the third.

I can assure you i targetted you last night, and as i already explained in my earlier post, i was still recovering from an illness someone bestowed upon me and i was unable to reach you last night because of this situation.

Too bad Danny spilled the beans too early, if we got Jimbob's result first it would have made things more clear.

I can assure you i targetted you last night, and as i already explained in my earlier post, i was still recovering from an illness someone bestowed upon me and i was unable to reach you last night because of this situation.

In that case.

Can I post PMs in this game? I'm happy to post my PM, and my PMs from every other night.

I definitely targeted you last night, and my PM explicitly says that you are town. In fact it said 'he is most certainly a good person'.

Actually, in terms of wording, my PMs are all a little different. With Marc (night 1) I was told that I studied his file and came to the conclusion that he is a good man. On Night 2 I went for Rez and was told 'he is not linked to any evil factions. The idea is quite preposterous.' Night 3 I went for Dud, and despite being quite sure of DuD's innocence I checked anyway. As I suspected I found no evidence of criminal activities. Last night I went for you, Dannyboy. The response was that you are most certainly a good person.

The only way I can suggest that I managed to get a result on you is that in an earlier PM it mentions me checking a file to find out the result (night 1).

I can't say much else. I definitely went for you, and my PM was clear. Lynch me, lose the alignment investigator. Remind me, have there been others in this game? I don't think so.

I technically haven't posted my PMs, by the way, just rephrased them slightly in places. If @The Peeps allows it in this game, I will post my actual PMs.

Night 1:

You studied marcamillian’s file and came to the conclusion that he is a good man. You eliminated him from the list of suspects for Mayor Peeps’ murder.

Night 2:

ReZourceman is definitely not linked to any evil factions. The idea is quite preposterous. You wrote in your report that ReZourceman is to be taken off the list of suspects.

Night 3:

You were quite sure of DuD’s innocence but duty required you to check anyway. As you suspected, you found no evidence of criminal activities therefore you removed DuD from the list of suspects.

Night 5:

Dannyboy is most certainly a good person. He is no longer a suspect in the Peeps enquiry.

Urgh, that last one was meant to say Night 4...

Yeah, I'm not buying it. Alignment investigator is so easy to claim, especially since powers aren't revealed upon death. For all we know Marc was our alignment investigator, what with him watching people through his telescope. My role PM specifically states that no one will be able to reach my target, and so far people who have targetted my targets have left flavour, like Yvonne being visited by a very disgruntled police officer and receiving a package on night 1. No flavour whatsoever last night. I'm convinced Nintendohnut is lying.

Ah, sorry, Jimbob, I hadn't seen that your illness prevented you from reaching your target. In that case it would make sense that you never showed up.

Are you saying that my result on you is wrong? And how do you know that so far 'people who have targeted your targets have left flavour'. You only know about Yvonne. Are you saying I've made my PMs up completely?

I REALLY want my power to be revealed on death so I can prove to you I'm not lying. You're going to lynch the only alignment investigator. Is there another? No. You're saying Marc was the alignment investigator? There is no possible way you can know that, and you're just fitting things in around your suspicions. And it's incredibly unlikely, too - how would looking at someone through a telescope let him work out an alignment? It would make much more sense that he was a tracker of some kind. I'm sure you'll dispute that as well, but if you can adequately explain how someone can tell an alignment by looking through a telescope I'll be impressed.

Is anyone else going to come forward as an alignment investigator? I can guarantee you nobody will, because why would the town have two? Nobody's power actually fits that of an alignment investigator that has died so far, and unless anyone else can come forward as an alignment investigator (they definitely won't) then you're knowingly lynching the only alignment cop in the game.

Seriously, can everyone post in the thread about this, even if it's to say 'I'm not an alignment investigator' or 'I've already revealed my power' please? You don't have to reveal your power, just confirm that your power is NOT alignment investigator

At least my alignment will be revealed if you do lynch me and then you can admit that you're wrong, Dannyboy. You willing to wait until people respond to this request, or are you hoping for a speedy lynch? ;)

I am an alignment investigator!

Well, I was for one night last night. Hence why I'm asking about Aqui1a. As he's mafia.

Anyway, I'm not sure about Nintendohnut or Dannyboy - but Dannyboy must have an incredibly good reason for lynching someone who is saying he's good, so I trust him more at the moment.

For now I'm going to Lynch: Aqui1a as I don't think he'll respond anyway.

Whipping out the good old mafia tactics, I see. Trying to discredit what I've found by pointing out ... nothing.

No, I'm not saying your "result" on me is wrong, but that's a pointless argument if you're mafia, and you know it just as well as I and everyone else. You even trying that argument says everything, really.

My previous result PMs have told me if anyone has targetted my targets, ergo I conclude that it's part of my power to know who targets my target. Of course, there is always the possibility of exceptions, but it is far more logical to assume that your claims are made up.

Yes, I am saying you've made up your PMs completely. No feat in that.

Of course I'm going to try to fit stuff around my theory - that's how mafia games work! Again, you trying to suggest otherwise only convinces me more that you're mafia. A paranoid man with a telescope could be a alignment investigator - not the most obvious choice, but it's possible. That's all I'm saying. Hell, did we ever find out Rummy's power? Maybe he was the alignment investigator. Maybe there are no alingment investigators in this game. Admittedly it is a little strange that we've seen no alignment investigators yet, but that fact alone is not enough to sway my suspicion of you. Besides, you have yet to prove that you're an alignment investigator, so no, I'm not knowingly lynching the only alignment investigator in the game.

Ah, and the tease at the end. Hopefully I'm not the only one who can smell how that post reeks of mafia.

By the way, I'm always open to admit I'm wrong if so proven. We can know very little for certain in mafia games. But right now all the evidence points at you.

---

Ah, so Aqui1a is mafia? Splendid! If people want to lynch him, I'll happily switch.

Woah. It looks like we've caught ourselves two mafia members in one day. Very nice town. I definitely don't believe anything Nintendohnut is saying, his posts reek of scum. And Aqui1a has been found out as well.

I think I'll go for Vote Nintendohnut since he has the most votes. And Elect Cube since he found us a mafioso.

I'm not sure about Nintendohnut, it's all on Dannyboy's word and there may be other factors involved that has messed things up and created confusion. I rather go for Cube's investigation for now. Vote: Aqui1a. Assuming Cube will retain the power Elect: Cube

And it's incredibly unlikely, too - how would looking at someone through a telescope let him work out an alignment? It would make much more sense that he was a tracker of some kind. I'm sure you'll dispute that as well, but if you can adequately explain how someone can tell an alignment by looking through a telescope I'll be impressed

That's a rather weak argument. Many mafia games have powers which may not seem to make sense given their normal use.

Despite me boosting Yvonne twice, and him confirming that I'm good, you're still accusing me? Not fair! :(

Last night I targeted Eevilmurray anyway so hopefully he can back me up on this xD

I was powered up last night.

I'll read this thread completly when i get home, then i'll make a decision on who to lynch.

Don't let it be me! :p

In fact, just don't let Tales and Cube be responsible for another townie lynch so soon after their first!

Don't let it be me! :p

In fact, just don't let Tales and Cube be responsible for another townie lynch so soon after their first!

I'll have a look and see, i'll only vote you if there is 1 vote needed to end the day (and it's within a few minutes to the end). Until then, i'll read with a clear mind and make my own mind up.

I'm just going from my information. I chose you because you were one of the quietest.

Also, your power doesn't prove your alignment.

I'm sorry Dannyboy but throughout your whole post you go on about how you're certain I'm mafia, how my post reeks of mafia, how I'm clearly lying...then at the end of the post you say we can't know anything for sure in these games! It has nothing to do with the argument at hand, I just find it ironic.

Isnt it possible that you usually get information on who targets your target, but that it changes because you targeted yourself? Also, your power is completely overpowered if what you're saying is true. Not only are you a protector, you are also a reverse tracker? If you ever target the kill target you'll instantly have a mafioso in your result, AND you'll have stopped a killing. That seems massively over-powered to me... Please can you list your targets for the last four nights, and who targeted the people you targeted? In fact, can you just quote your PMs? It would be easier.

Of course I haven't proven myself as an alignment investigator yet, that's why I didn't reveal myself until people started voting for me. I'd much rather stay quiet and investigate people, then come forward when I DO find a mafioso. I didn't get the chance to do that today. And your part about 'the tease at the end'... Just imagine for a second you're in my position and (I know you think I'm mafia, just imagine it) that I'm town...do you see why I would want to be able to prove this to you once and for all, so I can throw it right in your face? If I'm lynched I am going to make one final post aimed directly at you, Dannyboy, because it will be you who got me lynched, and in that post I will show that I havent lied once in this game.

The whole thing with Marc being an alignment investigator is just ridiculous from my point of view. Obviously I know I'm one, so that helps my opinion, but I'm just really not sure how the power of alignment investigator would fit with someone looking through a telescope. How would that help him discover alignments? It just really doesnt make sense to me, it seems much more obvious that he was a tracker or a role that involved investigating powers (by watching what they did). Unless it was a telescope into the soul.........

Anyway, who do you want to lynch, someone who has been investigated and found to be evil from a 1-night investigation? Or someone who has come out with all their information, and is only being accused on the assumption that Dannyboy's power works the same when he targets himself, and that my power, despite being described as looking at files in an earlier pm, would be stopped by Dannyboy's protection? For me that's no choice at all.

Vote: Aqui1a

And, seeing as my role PM explicitly says I support Dominic Gentry for Mayor, and that is Cube, and he found Aqui1a to be evil,

Elect: Cube

I am not 100% sure if I trust Cube or not. I don't really trust Nintendohnut, and Aqui1a's actions so far seem to be good. I haven't had time to check through anything today and I doubt I will tomorrow. I'd be more willing to go for a lynch of someone like ReZ.