N-Europe

The Peepsville Mafia

The Peeps

I'm sorry Dannyboy but throughout your whole post you go on about how you're certain I'm mafia, how my post reeks of mafia, how I'm clearly lying...then at the end of the post you say we can't know anything for sure in these games! It has nothing to do with the argument at hand, I just find it ironic.

Isnt it possible that you usually get information on who targets your target, but that it changes because you targeted yourself? Also, your power is completely overpowered if what you're saying is true. Not only are you a protector, you are also a reverse tracker? If you ever target the kill target you'll instantly have a mafioso in your result, AND you'll have stopped a killing. That seems massively over-powered to me... Please can you list your targets for the last four nights, and who targeted the people you targeted? In fact, can you just quote your PMs? It would be easier.

Of course I haven't proven myself as an alignment investigator yet, that's why I didn't reveal myself until people started voting for me. I'd much rather stay quiet and investigate people, then come forward when I DO find a mafioso. I didn't get the chance to do that today. And your part about 'the tease at the end'... Just imagine for a second you're in my position and (I know you think I'm mafia, just imagine it) that I'm town...do you see why I would want to be able to prove this to you once and for all, so I can throw it right in your face? If I'm lynched I am going to make one final post aimed directly at you, Dannyboy, because it will be you who got me lynched, and in that post I will show that I havent lied once in this game.

The whole thing with Marc being an alignment investigator is just ridiculous from my point of view. Obviously I know I'm one, so that helps my opinion, but I'm just really not sure how the power of alignment investigator would fit with someone looking through a telescope. How would that help him discover alignments? It just really doesnt make sense to me, it seems much more obvious that he was a tracker or a role that involved investigating powers (by watching what they did). Unless it was a telescope into the soul.........

Anyway, who do you want to lynch, someone who has been investigated and found to be evil from a 1-night investigation? Or someone who has come out with all their information, and is only being accused on the assumption that Dannyboy's power works the same when he targets himself, and that my power, despite being described as looking at files in an earlier pm, would be stopped by Dannyboy's protection? For me that's no choice at all.

Vote: Aqui1a

And, seeing as my role PM explicitly says I support Dominic Gentry for Mayor, and that is Cube, and he found Aqui1a to be evil,

Elect: Cube

We can't know anything for certain, no, but we can make educated guesses, and right now I'm guessing you.

Granted, it is indeed possible my power works differently when targetting myself, but again, I find it more likely that you're scum since I've already been suspicious of you for a while now.

Also, I have to ask: Are you intentially misinterpreting my power? I never said I got the names of the people who target my target - that would indeed be overpowered! But I get flavour, as I said. Here are my PMs:

You took Yvonne in for overnight observation. During the night, a police officer seemed very annoyed at being told he could not visit. Another man visited and left a package for Yvonne.

You called Tales in for a check-up. It went quite quickly as there were no interruptions from any visitors.

You called Aqui1a in for a check-up and were happy with his condition. Strangely, he gave you a lollipop at the end of the session. It was sugar free and actually whitened your teeth!

You gave yourself a complete physical and determined that you are as fit as a fiddle.

The Marc theory is just that - a theory. I honestly don't know, I'm just saying I've seen weirder and less fitting flavour for powers before, so I'm just putting it out there as a possibility. My main argument lies in the fact that you claim to have successfully targetted me, yet don't appear, neither of which should be possible.

The only possible giant fluke I can see is if Peeps hasn't informed me targetting myself won't do diddly squad, but it's a risk I'm willing to take at this point.

I'm perfectly happy voting for either you or Aqui1a, so I'll go where the votes go.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A-ha. Several points, then:

- On Night 1 someone DID manage to leave a package for Yvonne, despite your protection.

- Isn't it possible that you only stop negative effects? You stopped someone who may have wanted to kill or hurt Yvonne, but the package-giver got through. It's possible you only stop negative effects, right?

- Last night your PM doesn't specifically say that nobody targeted you. On other nights you are specifically told that nobody targeted your target. Last night it was mentioned one way or the other. You can't actually confirm I didn't target you, you're just assuming you would've been told. Which leads me to my last point...

- You have no guarantee that those mentioned in the Night 1 PM are the ONLY people who targeted your target. Others may have as well and they weren't mentioned, and last night I did target you, but it wasn't mentioned.

Does your power specifically say that it stops every single person from getting to your target? Because if so, it's already failed once on night 1 when someone managed to deliver a package.

Basically, while I can understand your reasoning, it seems really flawed to me. If your PM from last night explicitly said nobody targeted you, I could get it more, but it doesn't. You've also assumed that you get flavour about every person who targets your target, but that isn't confirmed at all. And, I might be wrong (please just say, it's more of a potential point depending on your answer) but unless your power explicitly says it blocked every single person who targets your target, it's also possible that only negative effects are stopped.

I didn't deliberately misinterpret your power, I simply mis-read it. Hopefully I have remedied that now. Apologies.

My only other question is what is it that has made me suspicious BEFORE today? You say you've been suspicious of me for a while, but I haven't posted much. In fact, my only real post before today was saying something along the lines of "I don't know whether to come forward with my power. I want to be forward with information but I don't have anything useful." I wanted to reveal as I was hoping for protection, but I didn't want to out myself so early without anything useful. I'm genuinely interested to know what it was that made me suspicious, apart from a low post-count (which I can understand).

My PM specifically states that "No one will be able to reach [my] target." But you're right, there is the strange mishap of night 1, which I had honestly forgot about until now. It bothered me then as well.

If you are indeed telling the truth, then I have a bone to pick with The Peeps for wording my PM in such an unclear and misleading manner. I'd also argue that only mentioning some of the people targetting my target seems like a somewhat unfair decision - how am I supposed to work with that?

Basically it seems to boil down to whether I can trust my power to work like it ought to. Which, to be honest, you've made me doubt somewhat.

The reason I've been suspicious of you until it now is that you've been so silent. I know the more important roles shouldn't draw too much unwated attention to them, but you've honestly appeared more like a mafioso trying to stay off the radar - plus you're normally a rather active player.

Majority has been reached!

Votes:

Nintendohnut (1): DuD

Aqui1a (6): Cube, Tales, Nintendohnut, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Diageo

Majority is 6

Mayoral Elections

Cube (4): Diageo, Tales, Nintendohnut, Dannyboy-the-Dane

Cube will remain mayor

In a frankly ridiculous turn of events, the town rallied together against... the kind-hearted owner of the town sweet shop. Perhaps he was a little eccentric but few people brought as much joy to Peepsville as he did.

Robert Preston has been lynched. He was good. Aqui1a is no longer in the game

Players (10):

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@mr\-paul

@Nintendohnut

@ReZourceman

@Tales

Ghosts:

Mayor Peeps

Marcamillian

gmac

Rummy

Yvonne

@Aqui1a

NIGHT FIVE

Please send in your PMs

A warning from Mayor Peeps:

Inactive players will be removed from the game at the end of the next day phase

Night Five

Benny Bentley had not been feeling well. These last two nights had left him in crippling agony but his doctor had not been returning his calls. The aging rock star had been through it all in his youth, drugs, alcohol, videogame addiction; his immune system just wasn't up to the task of fighting off this exotic illness.

Benny Bentley is dead. He was good. Jimbob is no longer in the game.

George Phillips was carrying on with his reports. He had now cleared half the town and he knew the mafia would be on to him. He had uncovered too much. Frantically, he tried to join the last dots. Just who of the remaining townsfolk were in on it?

A moment later he had his answer. He looked to the doorway to see his son, the young police cadet, standing there - but he was not fooled.

"I should have known it was you" he said.

The man in the doorway said nothing. He pulled out a gun and shot.

George Phillips has been killed. He was good. Nintendohnut is no longer in the game

Players (8):

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@mr\-paul

@ReZourceman

@Tales

Ghosts:

Mayor Peeps

@Marcamillian

@gmac

@Rummy

@Yvonne

@Aqui1a

@Jimbob

@Nintendohnut

The mafia have won

The town cannot reach majority.

Winners:

Cube - Dominic Gentry

ReZourceman - James Rockwell

Diageo - Henry Dunelm

Tales - Walter Taunton

Edited by The Peeps

Damn. Well, ReZourceman I was certain of, Tales I suspected, but I didn't think Diageo, and Cube took my completely by surprise. Well, less so after yesterday, and I think perhaps I did get paranoid about him at one point, but still, I was far from putting a vote down.

Now, Peeps, would you kindly explain what was going on with my power?

Mwhahahahaha!

Deer Peepsville.

As your legally elected mayor, I will be making a few small changes.

First of all, there will be a protection charge of £100 a week, fail to pay this and out police force can not guarantee your protection.

You must send in a letter of application before you can leave the town. On some occasions we may look after a family member to ensure your safe return.

All businesses are required to serve me and my new cabinet straight away and for free.

Finally, we are opening a new video game store, where any of out constituents can play any game for free.

So why did Rez appear good, part of his power?

I investigated Tales last night. Had the doctor saved Tales last night and the mafia killed me, I'd still narrowed down the remaining mafiosos to five players. Probably would've lynched one the next day. Who was the doctor? WHAT WERE YOU DOOOOIIINNNNG?!

Also Dannyboy:

*insert 'I told you so' meme here*

:yay:

Never trusted Cube from the start.

Probably fair to say he won the game seeing the others seemed pretty inactive. Well done anyway!

I think it helped with @Yvonne saying I'm town.

When he asked for who Dominic Gentry was, I took a huge risk - for all we knew he could have found out that Gentry was the person who killed The Peeps.

So why did Rez appear good, part of his power?

He was your boss, the chief of police.

As for the Doctor, we assumed it was Dannyboy based on what he said (the doctor sounded like a jailkeeper).

So I roleblocked him.

The information I gave early on about my targets has half correct - I was originally a redirector, and I only gave the list of the people who my targets were redirected to (rather than the person who got redirected).

When I became mayor, I could choose my power (but I could only use each power one). So I chose a power that could reverse roleblock powers (not kills) and targeted Yvonne.

Cube definitely takes player of the match for me.

Wish I was around for another day phase, my views might have evolved. Real shame ReZ wasn't around but I think IRL stuff must have been preventing his participation, which happens.

Dannyboy was the Doc - those paying attention would work that out from his N1-3 target list

Also Dannyboy:

*insert 'I told you so' meme here*

:yay:

As for the Doctor, we assumed it was Dannyboy based on what he said (the doctor sounded like a jailkeeper).

So I roleblocked him.

I was indeed the doctor. I assumed that was implied when I revealed my power.

I still say Peeps has some explaining to do, because I still don't get it. When did you roleblock me, you say?

It seems i succumed to my illness, shame. Was really enjoying the game. Damn illness, i don't think i tracked a single mafia in my time alive.

Good game Peeps, well done to all that won. And i agree, Cube, you've played a great game indeed

If anyone hadn't guessed I was the guard. Protected rummy first night, and from then on Yvonne. Apart from the night he died. Thought the mafia wouldn't be so stupid to target him, but they did. I started protecting myself then as I was low on time and didn't trust anyone else!

You couldn't have cube. I fucking knew you were mafia. I jailkept you last night. Well played though.

ReZ I was certain of. Tales was on the radar and Diageo I was wary of after he roleblocked me.

Also.. 4v4 with 2 town protectors? Surely we could have gained majority?

Scrap that I'm dumb as fuck, I think that was my brain having a fart :D

Entire target list for myself, including my PM quotes, just for info

Night 1 - Target: Dannyboy-the-dane

Dannyboy targeted Yvonne

Night 2 - Target: mr-paul

You were all set to follow mr-paul but a man spoke to you. He suggested a new target to you and he spoke with such a clear and calm voice that it was hard to turn him down. You went to track Yvonne but his house was being guarded

Night 3 - Target EEVILMURRAY

You followed EEVIL and nearly lost him when he got into a taxi. Fortunately your chauffer is always nearby and you were able to tail them. EEVIL was approaching ReZourceman but was unable to reach him.

On your way home you noticed the new air freshener in your limo. It gave off a very fresh scent which seemed to fill your whole body. Soon after getting home you fell violently ill. If this keeps up you will be unable to get out of bed for days.

Night 4 - Target: Nintendonut

Your illness got the best of you tonight and left you in paralysing pain. You could not complete your night action.