NEurope
D_prOdigy

PRE-E3 NINTENDO DIRECT Conference

I quite like the XBOX 360 controller, apart from the sticks being concave, so I'm more than happy with the design of the Wii U Pro Controller to accompany the Wii U Gamepad :hehe: I'm sure the placement of the right stick and buttons will become second nature soon enough so my only slight problem is that it doesn't have analogue triggers.. but I'll get over it :indeed:

The rest of the Nintendo Direct was interesting but I still want to know more and I'm really looking forward to see some games at last..

Excellent stuff in that and a world map in the new Mario :D

When i saw that map view i started having flash backs to Mario World

(God i hope were getting a new Mario World:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: )

So, what I took from it really:

Analogue sticks - great

Clickable analogue sticks - great!

No information on whether L + R are analogue.

Motion sensing and gyro controls - didn't realise it had both

Wii U Controller Pro - looks good, but will mainly be for multiformat, right? Nintendo titles will use the screen. In fact, this should be confirmation that using the screen is not mandatory at all. By the way, please tell me these controllers are all rechargeable and don't use AA batteries! Or, for that matter, it doesn't plug into the Wii U Gamepad...

But, overall, not bad. I'm glad that stuff's out of the way for Tuesday.

There's a wire connector at the top and a battery light... it will be rechargeable. :hug:

Bit 50/50 regarding the Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct.

Good to see the real analog sticks and NFC confirmed.

Good to see an alternative controller for those not big on the main one.

Good to see the social network features, though it's about fucking time they got on to having a proper system for communicating. I was laughing at how much they touted certain basic aspects despite the other consoles doing it for years.

Curious to see the options though for this 'empathy' direction they're going in. It could be good, but we all know the sort of jokey culture every one has these days with your friends when it comes to video games.

Good thing they got off their chest the whole bullshit terminology topic with this rather than at the actual conference. I would have been pretty pissed if I had been sitting there hyped for ages only to have Iwata struggle with his Engrish telling me what the source words are for their painfully obvious combinations.

Did any one else find it hilarious how he tapped upon how we would be saying how unique some of the things are, only to go into an explanation of where they got the word "gamepad" from? Got a further laugh when the pro controller was revealed, only to look like a 360 pad which had the right analog switched with the face buttons haha.

Again, what did he say would prevent spoilers coming up in Miiverse comments?

I quite like the XBOX 360 controller
Yeah it's a great controller, so more than happy it's similar in style.

Eveyrone forgot about the NFC thing on the controller, the wonders.

Those who said "No Achievements", I think we may be wrong. They did show achievements of sorts. We don't know how it works but check it

wiiuachievement.jpg

The Cleared in under 100 Seconds is a seperate colour and so it could be a specific achievement with the user's comment

So long, good bye, 'tis time to say goodnight; to u, and u, and u, and u.

Have wet dreams. :D

Curious to see the options though for this 'empathy' direction they're going in.
When he said that I totally thought the Vitality Sensor was back for a minute, and that it would adjust the difficulty of the game if you told it you were feeling stressed or something.

Again, what did he say would prevent spoilers coming up in Miiverse comments?

Yeah it's a great controller, so more than happy it's similar in style.

Don't know what everyone's on about... It's the Wavebird 2 :D

Yeah I thought that. Super Mario World style. Nice.

Completely agree, thought it looked very much like SMB World, and far better than the usual NSMB style

Right, I'm gonna hit the sack and let all the game journos put on another pot of coffee. Have fun :)

Those who said "No Achievements", I think we may be wrong. They did show achievements of sorts. We don't know how it works but check it

wiiuachievement.jpg

The Cleared in under 100 Seconds is a seperate colour and so it could be a specific achievement with the user's comment

Excellent. Just why didn't they mention it?!

Also, I think the comments idea has the potential to be exceptional. Hope you can turn them off though, or they only pop up once you complete that section or something!

Motion sensing and gyro controls - didn't realise it had both

Clearly was mentioned last E3 along with everything else that was stuffed into the uPad.

Did any one else find it hilarious how he tapped upon how we would be saying how unique some of the things are, only to go into an explanation of where they got the word "gamepad" from?

Not gonna lie, I was like "Where's the uniqueness?" (in regards to what he mentioned at the time and never explained).

Also, I think the comments idea has the potential to be exceptional. Hope you can turn them off though, or they only pop up once you complete that section or something!

My thoughts exactly. I would expect that it's up to each game dev to do it in their own way.

What's stopping Spoilers in the comments?

What's stopping Spoilers in the comments?... he said something about that right?

Thinking about the comments, they can also act as a commentary as sorts from your friends as you progress through the game. Finish a level and then read comments left by friends on what they thought of it. nice touch. Though isn't that what message boards are for :)

The HELP boards are also a great idea, but I wonder who fills them. Does each game have a board for the world. Or is the board just made up of you and your friends? Can you do both? Friends board sounds better as the world it would just get overloaded.

What's stopping Spoilers in the comments?... he said something about that right?

He never elaborated though. Maybe they only pop up AFTER you've got past that bit

Hope you can turn them off though, or they only pop up once you complete that section or something!

I was pretty sure that Iwata said in the video that they could be turned off..? ::shrug:

He never elaborated though. Maybe they only pop up AFTER you've got past that bit
Yeah but I can't see there's anything stopping someone posting an end game spoiler after World 1 for example... then you complete World 1 and seeing it!?

Screw the Miiverse and the Wii U Controller Pro, the real megaton here is the Curtain!

(I'm only half joking)

BTW, did anyone else notice the strangely high concentration of Boo in that video? He appears more often than every other character combined; suspicious...

On the mario video, he died hitting the koopa, in the black dead screen messages from friends popped up who clearly died by the same koopa.. again, lovely idea (but could get annoying). Those interactions from people who did the same thing you did :) Lots of potential comedy gold with this!

The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm loving it. As long as the service doesn't miss out on some really obvious stuff it could be incredible!

Screw the Miiverse and the Wii U Controller Pro, the real megaton here is the Curtain!

(I'm only half joking)

BTW, did anyone else notice the strangely high concentration of Boo in that video? He appears more often than every other character combined; suspicious...

Luigi's Mansion 2 Wii U confirmed. :D