NEurope
Mokong

Microsoft Press Conference (4th June)

I think Microsoft played to the casual market to try and make sure they get a hold of it so that they don't jump on the WiiU.

I too thought the Halo nemeses looked like Space Pirates, but I still found Zechs's reaction comical. You get so ratty, babe.

Pretty much what I was expecting from Microsoft. Nothing out of this world but some very nice titles. And as expected the demonstrations of the live applications and kinect games were dull.

Personal highlights: Halo 4, Resident Evil, South Park.(and the tattooed girl was hot)

It was just so very underwhelming. Professional and technically very good, with the displays, lighting, and music. Sadly, from a gaming point of view, and the reason a lot of people are interested in the Conference there just wasn't a huge amount to get excited about. It spoke volumes just how funny the audience found the jokes by Matt and Trey about Smart Glass!

I'm expecting so much more from both Sony and Nintendo later!

I think Microsoft played to the casual market to try and make sure they get a hold of it so that they don't jump on the WiiU.

The problem that has arisen now, is that the gamers are considering a purchase of the WiiU.

The problem that has arisen now, is that the gamers are considering a purchase of the WiiU.

I think the Wii brand name has the casuals on lock, but yeah, the reaction the last night's NDirect was pretty good I think, they seemed win a lot people over. That's my impression from looking around anyway.

The thing a lot of people forget is that there are other press outlets that are more mainstream and clearly this is where Microsoft are positioning themselves now. They want to make the 360 THE machine to have in the living room above all else be it Google TV, Apple TV etc.... I don't see where else they could have gone with a console this far in it's cycle and having already gone casual. Also the lack of new franchises coming out of them is further condemning this fact.

I liked Smart Glass in what it can offer. If I could use my £120 android tablet seemlessly I've be happy.

I need to go looking and watch the South Park bit sounds like I missed out.

Hilarious, just watched games trailers top ten from nintendo and they go on about the same conference ever year, they describe it in detail and it was exactly like this years too (except COD and Halo swapped around) - just brilliant.

God microsoft couldn't be any duller!!

I found smart glass quite an interesting idea but honestly... I'm fine with just going onto IMDB myself whilst watching a movie.

I'm a little pissed that they are inferring that you can use a tablet or phone mid-gameplay whilst using a pad. It would be ridiculous!

I found smart glass quite an interesting idea but honestly... I'm fine with just going onto IMDB myself whilst watching a movie.

I'm fine with doing it after a film. When I'm not busy enjoying it.

I'm fine with doing it after a film. When I'm not busy enjoying it.

Yeah that was the other thing. Deeper experience? My ass it is... I don't need to be distracted from the illusion that is my entertainment.

And also, who needs to know what each character in Game of Thrones is doing? Are you finding it that hard to concentrate on the show that you have forgotten?

That was pretty dire but but goodness, that SmartGlass thing is fucking excellent. For games.

That was pretty dire but but goodness, that SmartGlass thing is fucking excellent. For games.

Errrr... kinda. Apart from the fact that you have to put down the controller to use it.

Say you had it on your lap though, or you had it propped up on a coffee table, you could flit between the controller and the tablet/phone when intricacy is required. It could be the sat nav on your car in Far Cry and blah, which would be neat.

However, it feels like the DS promotion all over again when we talk about using it in games. A nice idea but not one that developers like to practically use (Although I can see the DS has more important uses for the second screen than a TV/Tablet/Controller setup).

Errrr... kinda. Apart from the fact that you have to put down the controller to use it.

I can do this really freaky party trick where I can hold a controller in one hand and my phone in the other.

Unless you're another player. Or you could place the tablet on your knees.

The potential is there but support is another matter. The fact it's a multi-platform application should help, at least; it would have been dead on arrival if you needed a Windows tablet.

As an aside, it must be connecting via Wi-FI as the 360 doesn't support Bluetooth.

Does that fact that it connects via WiFi mean it will have minimal lag? I mean, I can control my desktop through my phone pretty sterlingly.

As an aside, it must be connecting via Wi-FI as the 360 doesn't support Bluetooth.

Unfortunately, none Slim models don't include Wi-Fi as standard so any one using them will need the ridiculously over priced adapter.

Probably the most forgettable thing I've seen in a long time.

Footage of some games we saw last year, a bunch of blabber about sports games and watching sports on your Xbox. And of course a whole bunch of bragging about how the Xbox 360 is getting... some multiplatform titles on it.

The only good thing was the trailer for Forza Horizon.

Microsoft, I'm down begging on my knees, greenlight Perfect Dark 2. Not another prequel with an american cartoon teen brat chasing her daddy. No, I want fast paced gameplay, bajilions of unlockables and features, twenty non-linear levels without checkpoints and just generally all the features Rare wanted to put into the N64 original, but couldn't because of technical limits.

So how come you couldn't care less about the wii u when it's a far superior version of tis but this is "fucking excellent"? Not bashing, just genuinely curious

Unfortunately, none Slim models don't include Wi-Fi as standard so any one using them will need the ridiculously over priced adapter.

It would go through the router, so cable would also work.

So how come you couldn't care less about the wii u when it's a far superior version of tis but this is "fucking excellent"? Not bashing, just genuinely curious

Because Nintendo don't make the games I like.

Pretty sure I've said that like more than a few times.

And the 'fucking excellent' was mostly about it's flexibility in terms of how open it is (iOS/Android/Etc). I mean, who doesn't have a smartphone nowadays.

Edited by Daft

Because Nintendo don't make the games I like.

Pretty sure I've said that like more than a few times.

And the 'fucking excellent' was mostly about it's flexibility in terms of how open it is (iOS/Android/Etc). I mean, who doesn't have a smartphone nowadays.

Fair enough, but 3rd parties do make games you like, so why wouldn't you be excited for the system still with the hope it gets all the support with this extra screen?

Will be interesting to see how well it works. Will ps3 announce their vita equivalent to this in 10 mins!?

I'm more excited that the Smart Glass works, not that bothered about using it. I don't even play my 360. I gave it to my friend.