NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Cinematic replay mode?

She looks like she's in her Suicide Squad get-up. I'm okay with that since it kind of fits her massive wooden mallet. I'm sure they'll be a few alternate outfits to pick. I'd love a Bruce Timm animated series version.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but if you pre-order from Amazon you get Red Sun alternate costumes for a few of the characters.

From the random camera changes at some points (that aren't to do with the "transitions"), I assumed that it was how the game does replays.

As for the costumes, I suppose this game does look like it's trying to appeal to the people who read all the comics and would know the more obscure stuff like that (by thinking these are obscure, I may be showing my pitiful knowledge of the comic material).

I think the random camera changes are just what happens when you pull of a throw. They just stripped the HUD for this promotional tournament.

Nah, can't imagine Suicide Squad is especially popular. I really hope we get some more obscure heroes. Martian Manhunter has been heavily hinted at, not that he's obscure, Shazam has been shown. The cover of Injustice #5 shows Robin (Damian Wayne, no less) so I reckon we'll see him too. The game needs more women, though. Aquaman and thus Mera would help. Batwoman would be cool. Black Canary is a must.

Edited by Daft

I still haven't changed my opinion on the game, it looks a bit stale fighting wise. And I seriously hope that this was a cinematic replay because otherwise, I think the game interrupts the fight too much by showing 'cool' moves.

tumblr_lzp28m3fSZ1qivcpi.jpg

I REEEEEEEAAAAALLY hope that they put Mera in this because she is bad-ass and this game needs more women. But mainly because she is absolutely fucking awesome.

Cannot wait for this.

lol when I saw the Aquaman trailer the first thing that popped into my head was "I bet Daft is a happy chappy right now".

So so happy. I look forward to using him to smack around anyone who thinks he is lame.

Those pictures Daft posted make me wish this had a more punchy, vibrant comic book style, instead of being the last drab scrapings from the bottom of the Unreal 3 kettle.

And does anyone else think Batman is channelling his inner Grumpy Cat in those images too?

Just over a month left. I like this trailer.

Black Adam is in the trailer. Although his baldness makes sense I'd prefer he had hair. Hopefully that'll an alternate costume will sort that.

Still hoping that Mera makes it into the game.

I'd rather have the Red Son DLC. With Red Son Batman. Those zombie models look pretty shit.

Doomsday has been announced.

Demo for this should be up this afternoon. Good timing for me as I'm trying to decide if I'll be keeping my preorder of the Collector's Edition or getting the 3DS XL next week instead.

Demo for this should be up this afternoon. Good timing for me as I'm trying to decide if I'll be keeping my preorder of the Collector's Edition or getting the 3DS XL next week instead.

@Happenstance is back! :D Welcome back dude!

@Happenstance is back! :D Welcome back dude!

Thanks. I did make a quick post about it in the good stuff thread but wasn't really looking to make a big deal out of it.

Finished playing the demo eariler. I like a lot about the presentation of the game with the super moves and stage transfers but Ive got to admit im struggling a bit with the fighting system. Just havent really been able to get many combos going with any of the characters and while I know MK is slower than most fighting games as well, theres something about the moves in this that makes it feel even more sluggish.

Giant Bomb have put up their Injustice quick look

Such a shame I didnt really like the fighting system in this as it still looks amazing. I'll probably buy it once it becomes nice and cheap just for the story mode.

I couldn't stand it, from the demo. Typical focus on style and not enough on the actual combat/controls.

Although saying that the style didn't blow me away, either. Wonder Woman's character model was awful.

I think the demo would have benefited from even just a small tutorial to get you used to the fighting system and combos. After watching that Quick Look I went back to the demo and actually had a better time playing it with a bit more success in stringing moves together.

Sign in to follow this