NEurope
Dog-amoto

Gears of War: Judgement

I couldn't stop laughing for a whole three seconds when I first saw it, which in Internet time is forever.

Yeah, copywriting. I'M BACK! After telling them to cram their job...I politely declined

...and then me not having a plan b.

After that they still wanted me back, I'm THAT good...

...is what I tell myself.

While I cry myself to sleep.

On a bed of £50 notes.

In my house of gold walls and diamond windows.

What the fuck am I talking about?

My wallets to small for my £50's, and my diamond shoes are too tight. :p

45th World Problems, for sure.

GAME are doing a lock-in for this next month in Cardiff, may go along and see how the game is for myself. I'm probably not going to pre-order it, it's not likely to sell out or anything.

Didn't realise it's from the people who made Bulletstorm. Me gusta.

I was invited to a 'GAME Lockin' last night, and got to play this with around 50 other people.

We were only playing the Over-run mode. 2 teams of 5. One team is Locust and they have to attack, the other team COG Defending the hammer of Dawn.

The Cog have specialties, Like medic, sniper, heavy. I got to play as Cole twice who has Lancer & Booshka (Heavy) & as a Sniper once. Can't remember from GOW3, but on this game mode, the Sniper can climb to high points in the level.

As the Locust, same kinda format as before, you can start as Mantis, Grenader, Tick, Wretch, then you build up points to unlock heavier, deadlier Locust.

Now... It seemed like the Attacking team (Locust) got points boosted, because they seemed to be unlocking the next set of Locust characters really really quickly, without really touching / damaging the Hammer of Dawn, and this is despite us playing as COG getting multiple kills. In fact it seemed that the 4 guys I had on my team and I were completely bossing the game, and defending well. Yet They still managed to unlock the stuff quick, We didn't die that much, so can't get that.

Getting the high point as the sniper was basically cheating to win the game. Untouchable from that point, no way for the Locust to get you, despite then grenading the area to high heaven, you could get good cover from the explosions, and just pop out and take some heads off.

you have 6 minutes to destroy / protect the hammer of dawn, then swap sides.

I actually really enjoyed the game mode, we only got to play 3 maps, and they were all very small & close quarter. BUT The sniper was very effective due to the climbing perk.

Got a picture of myself with a Lancer, but told I can't put the pictures on Facebook closer to the time of launch.

Also got a free poster and Xbox Live keyring.

Great night, would be very willing to go to GAMES next lockin!

Sounds like you had a good time.

It's a shame this hits the same day as Monster Hunter. That being the case I will not get much time to play through it. :(

It all seemed quite Ironic that Microsoft were letting us play a game in GAME, when if rumours are to be believed about pre-owned games not being an option on the next Microsoft console, they'd be a huge part of GAME's business gone.

And the Microsoft people were practically sucking the GAME Staff's dicks too. Like really chummy with them.

Still. good night though, hoping to go to more of these lockins if they occur.

@Murr, You wern't invited to the Cardiff lock-in, i was but i had an early start and couldn't go myself. Sounds like you had a good time though.

Got a code from GAME, from pre-ordering the game i have early access to the demo. Thoughts will arise later tonight once i've experienced it for myself.

Got a code from GAME, from pre-ordering the game i have early access to the demo.

The hell?

Downloading it now, playing it tomorrow.

Unt535itled_zps7333f240.png

First impressions, playing the multiplayer (as thats the only option available). Playing a "protect the e-hole/destroy the e-hole cover" match. It's a bit like Horde, with the spawn points and the turrets etc. Just with e-holes as an option.

Edited by Jimbob

I'm passing on this until it's cheaper for two reasons, one being Monster Hunter as I'm really starting to get into it now and two I've never ended up playing the Gears games much beyond the first month that they come out, I still enjoy them but I believe that they are grossly overhyped - as are Epic games - but I'm also aware that this is one of the few 'exclusives' that the Xbox 360 has left so I'm interested, just not right now and certainly not at full price. :wink: