N-Europe

Castlevania: Mirror of Fate

Fused King

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah love the artwork.

Not that keen on the logo either tbh. Think maybe it's because it looks a bit clunky and pronounced from the background.

I also think they should have swapped the focus round and focused more on 'Mirror of Fate' and had Lord of Shadows smaller above this, than just putting the name of the game as a small subtitle right at the bottom.

Why do you hate the logo, Dcubed? The whole damn thing looks wuuunderful to me. :)

Because it's confusing. The "Lords of Shadow" part is given greater emphasis than the actual title "Mirror of Fate", and the logo's placement only serves to exacerbate this (with the actual title shoved right at the very bottom)

The MoF part should be the one being highlighted here! (Even a glow or some sort of backing colour would work wonders)

Not being a big Castlevania fan, I thought the full name of the game was Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. I didn't even notice the Mirror of Fate part until I went back and took a closer look.

It looks like someone made the logo without realizing that they needed to include Mirror of Fate in it. :p

Because it's confusing. The "Lords of Shadow" part is given greater emphasis than the actual title "Mirror of Fate", and the logo's placement only serves to exacerbate this (with the actual title shoved right at the very bottom)

The MoF part should be the one being highlighted here! (Even a glow or some sort of backing colour would work wonders)

Thanks for your reply and explanation for not liking the logo instead of just saying; "because it sucks!" Props to you, my friend. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a great trailer really. Makes the game look kinda boring.

That being said, it at least looks like they've reduced the health of the normal enemies (no more having 20 whip hits to kill a skeleton!), so that's good to see - assuming that it's not just a matter of the way the trailer is cut.

This new trailer is awful. First it starts with voice acting, that is single-handedly the worst acting I've ever heard in a Castlevania game. Then it goes to show gameplay that doesn't inspire at all. Previous handheld-Castlevania's seemed to be much better in every aspect.

I'm a Castlevania fan, and am planning on getting this, but it doesn't look good. Someone should think recasting Dracula, Robert Carlyle as Dracula is the worst in the series. Curse of Darkness and Dracula X Chronicles got the voice right, or at least more on spot. Which isn' even a challenge, mind you.

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or does the lack of any lip syncing, well any real mouth movement, look a bit strange - especially given how expressive the faces do look? I think just having Trevor do a full a narration as if he was recalling a memory would have worked better instead of having everyone talk if they aren't even going to attempt to match the mouths to the words.

I'm glad this finally got a release date - the 3DS needs some more big games heading it's way as things look a bit quiet on the whole as of late.