N-Europe

Arrow (TV Show)

Happenstance

I have also wondered how they get to Nanda Parbat so quickly all the time - and that the place even has a landing strip for air planes. But that might just be me.

One time they even say "you have 24 hours or we'll destroy the city". So Oliver spends most of the time to decide and then seemingly walks there in time.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Arrow-part was better but the ending was meh.

I have trouble figuring out the speed they need for time travel - if Zoom is 3-4 times as fast as Flash, Zoom would be time travelling all the time.

The Flash part of the episode with Harrison Wells being shot was super awkward and badly written. Why would Jay NOT want Barry to take the thing when he actually saw it working?

Also not sure if I like the character that is Hawkgirl or if I actually like Hawkgirl at all but that's probably just me not knowing the character that well.

• 2 months later...
Sorry, didn't really see it as a spoiler since it happened litterally right away.

But cheers, thanks!

Think some people are on UK pace which is a few episodes behind.

Is it me, or did they just confirm the a certain someone isn't in the grave?

If you're thinking Lance

1) He would have been what, mid-50s at his youngest? And not exactly in a secure line of work anyway

2) Pretty much everyone (other than Felicity who we knew survived anyway) was dead

If anything I think it proved he wouldn't die as it seemed like a red herring.

And it eliminates Diggle too, right? His son seemed to know him so I can't imagine it's one of those "oh he's dead but his wife happens to be pregnant!" kind of things. Although the Diggs do like naming their children after dead people!

Edited by Ashley

If you're thinking Lance

1) He would have been what, mid-50s at his youngest? And not exactly in a secure line of work anyway

2) Pretty much everyone (other than Felicity who we knew survived anyway) was dead

If anything I think it proved he wouldn't die as it seemed like a red herring.

And it eliminates Diggle too, right? His son seemed to know him so I can't imagine it's one of those "oh he's dead but his wife happens to be pregnant!" kind of things. Although the Diggs do like naming their children after dead people!

I was thinking Diggle, due to his son being old enough to think he failed to save him.

I think Lance might still be the one who dies.

Avoiding every post in this thread as we have only just finished season 2, so spoilers! :P

We just started watching The Flash, and after reading some stuff online, it seems best if we alternate this with season 3 of Arrow. However, Amazon Video charges per episode (older seasons were free), so wondering if there is anywhere else that has this (not meaning illegal places, just things like Netflix etc.)? :)

Or does it not really matter and can we just watch season 1 of The Flash without spoiling season 3 of Arrow?

Avoiding every post in this thread as we have only just finished season 2, so spoilers! :P

We just started watching The Flash, and after reading some stuff online, it seems best if we alternate this with season 3 of Arrow. However, Amazon Video charges per episode (older seasons were free), so wondering if there is anywhere else that has this (not meaning illegal places, just things like Netflix etc.)? :)

Or does it not really matter and can we just watch season 1 of The Flash without spoiling season 3 of Arrow?

I'm pretty sure Netflix has season 3 of Arrow and season 1 of Flash in America or Canada if you can regionhop.

There's references to both seasons, occasional stop-overs and a two-part crossover (one episode per show) so if you can watch them together it's better.

Although the episodes don't align in terms of numbers towards the end (if I recall correctly The Flash goes at a 'normal pace' while the last few episodes of Arrow are a shorter 'real world' time frame).

Below is a list of episode numbers (removed the episode names in case they're deemed spoilery) in the order they aired in:

Flash, 1

Arrow, 1

Flash, 2

Arrow, 2

Flash, 3

Arrow, 3

Flash, 4

Arrow, 4

Arrow, 5

Flash, 5

Arrow, 6

Flash, 6

Arrow, 7

Flash, 7

Flash, 8

Arrow, 8

Flash, 9

Arrow, 9

Flash, 10

Arrow, 10

Flash, 11

Arrow, 11

Flash, 12

Arrow, 12

Flash, 13

Arrow, 13

Flash, 14

Arrow, 14

Arrow, 15

Flash, 15

Arrow, 16

Flash, 16

Arrow, 17

Flash, 17

Arrow, 18

Flash, 18

Arrow, 19

Flash, 19

Arrow, 20

Flash, 20

Arrow, 21

Flash, 21

Arrow, 22

Flash, 22

Arrow, 23

Flash, 23

Taken from http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/89097/in-what-order-should-i-watch-flash-and-arrow-tv-shows

So sometimes you'll watch two episodes of one show, but most of the time you alternate.

And then next season you get another show to join the loop!

• 1 month later...

Just watched the latest episode (Episode 18)

I presume Oliver gave her some kind of drug to temporarily stop her heart (especially as her going into shock happened off-screen). Either that, or it was just a terribly written episode. A fake-out would still be awful, but not as bad.

An arrow through the head and an instant death would have been satisfying and make Darhk seem like a true villain (not "I'm going to do what I promised...but poorly so there's actually a really good chance of it not happening"). The long drawn-out-saying-goodbyes BS just makes it lose all impact.

The action in Arrow has really lost its punch from the first seasons where it had surprisingly well choreographed stunts, fights and other action sequences. Green Arrow himself has totally gone to shit. In the first season he would take out 10 grunts on his own and look like an absolute pro doing it, now he struggles with two random convicts while the rest of his team guns them down with pistols (how is this okay but when he shot people with arrows, he was a vigilante that nobody would be able to trust?) It was much better when it was just the Arrow, not Green Arrow and his band of superfriends. He can't do anything by himself. I'd like to see them use the current dynamics as a way to go back to solo and show a little competence.

Also they need to step things up for him on the island, he's been there nearly four years and there's really been no explanation how he comes to be as good with an arrow or generally at fighting as he is by the time he gets back.

They're not even doing drama that well anymore. CW would've gotten me choked up in the past with a scene like that at the end of ep 18, but nothing, it was so poorly written and forced.

The whole thing with Felicity/romance has been absolutely shocking as well. I'm not sure why they chose to move it in the direction they did, or why they chose such a ridiculous method for it, her reasoning and motivation is just maddening and ridiculous. "I know there might be times where you have to lie to me or people could die and that's more important but I still can't accept you lying to me because I live in a magical fairy tale black and white world where romance has to be pure and magical and there's no room for compromise even if you're a freakin superhero with supervillain enemies"

I'm still watching this week by week for some reason but I genuinely feel like they've completely lost it.

Edited by Shorty

• 1 month later...

So I'm not alone in thinking Arrow nosedived off a cliff this season. /r/arrow hated it so much that they decided to talk about Daredevil instead, that post topped /r/bestof and in celebration they redesigned the subreddit to a Daredevil theme.

I just can't stand what they've done to Oliver and Felicity. Some terrible decisions in the character direction.

It was always a bit of a soap opera, but now it's a terrible soap opera where you hate everyone.

Four superhero shows had season finales in the last two weeks.

Not only do we get an extremely well done end to the current season (with what may be my favourite MCU villain scene), but also a cut forward to show that a ton of stuff has gone down with a lot to speculate and look forward to.

A fun but cheesy end, definitely enjoyable and did a good job at setting up the next season.

Beating the villain in a satisfying way, using previously established techniques and a massive WTF? moment at the end with massive repercussions to think about for next season.

And then we have this rubbish

Magical hacking rubbish, a terrible fight scene and the "cliffhanger" is that everyone is essentially going to mope around for a few months.

Yeah it was one of those annoying TV finales where everyone went "I'm going to go away and find myself...for the summer...see you in September where things will be back as they were by the end of the first episode.

• 1 month later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!