NEurope
madeinbeats

Rayman Legends

As a blinkered, Nintendo fanboy. Am I right to be aggrieved that most of the multiplat sites have reviewed the 360 version of the game?

A game designed on the ground up on the WiiU and ported last minute to the other platforms? Isn't that a strange decision?

blame ubisoft for not sending Wii U review copies..

anyway. anyone know the download size?

Watched the gametrailers review. Man the game looks really impressive!!!

Just watched it as well... wow, looks spectacular!

blame ubisoft for not sending Wii U review copies..

Yep - my wife got a PS3 and 360 copy in the post for her magazine the other day, but no Wii U. Someone else will end up reviewing it though, as we've never had a PS3 and our 360 (an original model, I think, sent as a review unit) died ages go.

From GameCentral Review:

Originally the idea was that Rayman Legends was to be a launch day exclusive for the Wii U, but then it got delayed to December, and then February, before finally being turned into a multiformat game and delayed all the way until August. We had vowed to review the Wii U version first but we still haven’t been sent it and given the complications of Gamescom last week, and the Monday bank holiday, it may be several days before we get our hands on it.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/26/rayman-legends-xbox-360-review-beating-mario-3937846/

I just will never understand games producers!

Received my shipping notification from GAME. The girlfriend and I are going to have a blast playing through this.

This showed up today from GAME. It feels weird to actually be holding a copy after waiting so long.

Looks good but unfortunately due to a backlog of games that has built up im not at present going to be buying it

Now if it was released in February...

I was going to wait for the price drop but the game looks so damn good I copped it on the eshop. Not really feeling W101 so this has come at a good time.

so I'm guessing everyone ditched this game because of the late release?

Well, I ordered it :P

I hope not. Ubisoft have really tried to support the platform and if this turns out like splinter cell did you really got feel for them.

Pretty much, I would have bought it in February, too many other games out now.

Really enjoying the game - played for three hour straight during one session yesterday! Lots of fun platforming moments, and great little ideas here and there.

Anyhoo, two things that bug me - there are way more Murphy levels than the developers said were going to be in the game. It kinda feels like you're playing one every other level. Also the game feels easier than Origins, but that may be because I've played through that game three times :wink:

zlCfzRG6n88DYItGI5

zlCfzRG7BlkocKZtef

zlCfzRG7Edkh2eV6K6

zlCfzRG8-sk91nZlwg

Edited by welsh_gamer

Only played about an hour in co-op. I think we'll be taking it in turns on the Murfy stages if there are really that many. Not particularly fussed about 'em as I can see how they would be great to play with younger kids.

Played the PS3 version at Daft's yesterday and curious about the Wii U one now. I assumed that the little helper thing is used optionally to make life easier (akin to how it is in NSMBU) but obviously that's not the case. So if you're playing by yourself do you have to use the touchscreen or can you, like on the PS3/Xbox, use a button? Just seems like at times when you're having to move platforms while moving yourself the size of the GamePad would make it difficult if you had to use the touchscreen.

What the hell is going on with this game? So ubisoft aren't sending out wii u review copies, Zavviu don;'t have the game yet and haven't shipped so i canceled it with them and went to shopto, but shopto don't have the game either. And it isn't in the wii u top 10 with shop to so it can't be sold out... unbelievable... why is it that every single release and apsect seems (paranoid) to be destined to continue to destroy the wii u?!!

Guess I'll have to dogitally download the game now but just can't believe how bleak things continue to be. Think it'll be an absolute disaster all the way til Mario Karts release

Pretty sure its £29 on Amazon and its in stock.. i'm putting my order in when i get home.

I don't like the Murphy levels.

There seems to be a lot of negativity towards the Murphy levels.

One question: Are they the same Murphy levels as the Rayman Challenges App. And if so I don't understand the criticism as they were great!

Pretty sure its £29 on Amazon and its in stock.. i'm putting my order in when i get home.

Cheers. Just ordered, can't wait!

Really enjoying the game - played for three hour straight during one session yesterday! Lots of fun platforming moments, and great little ideas here and there.

Anyhoo, two things that bug me - there are way more Murphy levels than the developers said were going to be in the game. It kinda feels like you're playing one every other level. Also the game feels easier than Origins, but that may be because I've played through that game three times :wink:

zlCfzRG6n88DYItGI5

zlCfzRG7BlkocKZtef

zlCfzRG7Edkh2eV6K6

zlCfzRG8-sk91nZlwg

seen a few people on other forums saying it is easier then origins.

Played the PS3 version at Daft's yesterday and curious about the Wii U one now. I assumed that the little helper thing is used optionally to make life easier (akin to how it is in NSMBU) but obviously that's not the case. So if you're playing by yourself do you have to use the touchscreen or can you, like on the PS3/Xbox, use a button? Just seems like at times when you're having to move platforms while moving yourself the size of the GamePad would make it difficult if you had to use the touchscreen.

I'm actually also very curious about this as I play the 360 version. So, anyone?